Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
frigginfuchsia

Stepping Back In Time

heehee.. yeah. suar wood's gorgeous... ours is of a lighter shade proberly due to lesser layers of lacquer (we requested for that as we wanted it to blend with the scandi. feel)

I've tried holding Mario Batali's cast iron items... if am not wrg, Tangs is clearing of their stock @ 50% off. I usually only purchase cast iron wares that does not need me to lift it much so.. I made sure not to get the biggest frying pan... mainly braising pots and steak grill for now... chk Staub out... That the next brand I'd like to try.

Have you cooked with the cast irons? I luurrve it so much!

I bought 2 cast iron items from Taka, a pot and a pan. Can't remember the brand.. :P

Have this nagging suspicion that I won't be using them much.. They're too heavy and hard, will likely scratch or leave my glass induction hob in a mess.. :help:

So we got a set of crockery from WMF, stainless steel and light.. These will probably be our everyday pots and pans..

Have not had a chance to cook using cast iron yet, I bet it'll work dang well. The old school kualis and woks of old were often cast iron :good:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Very well-blend design theme.

We are thinking of going Scandinavian with more modern minimalist favour for our new flat too :drunk:

Thank you for the link in your blog, it really helps.

Mind sharing where did you get the cost of your Suar Wood table? :yamseng:

master_toilet.jpg

Hey, about the textured wall tiles you're using there..

Remember we told you we have the same one on our kitchen walls?

Don't try to clean them by using your hands/palms to brush them.. We did and got multiple small cuts on our palms..

Wifey - 1 cut

Husband - 5 cuts (thick skinned and dumb)

We also found out that its very very very very porous.. :bangwall:

Hi.. Ur plc is very nice! I like the kitchen! Got such a cosy feel... Is open concept easy to attract dust? Thinking of doing open concept but mine with top cabinet n my kitchen not so big... Can't do both side...

:(

Hey hey, pretty awesome kitchen you got there, but that looks like a lot of lights! How many lights did you guys buy for the area. Like the exposed wires running around, saves on the costs of having a false ceiling etc. However are the lights hot, and do they gather dust easily?

Hi! amazing kitchen!

that's a huge hob you have. 4 burners?

having trouble getting nice ones w cast iron stands.

can i pls ask what's this brand that you have?

Hi Everyone!!! :sport-smiley-004: am back!!!

Apologies for my late replies... but here goes:

nimm12 & rottenramone > thank you :) appreciate yr compliments. Nimm12, yes I've been to yr tblog .. yr home is lovely

angelbutterfly> hope this reply will still help u, the sink is a table top mount. (do yo still need more pixs of it?)

bellyheng > Glad to know our blog is off help... :) answer to yr question is, the Suar wood was purchased from a halfway house in Pasir Panjang. The wood is actually 3m long (what we've used so far is approx 1.5m) it cost us a little under 1k

mabaricowsThank you SO much for letting us know! i hope both of u have recovered from the cuts. How's yr reno goin? i must go chk it out later!!!

ksa > I think dust is inevitable... however we cook daily thus end up cleaning up after cooking anyway. So far the kitchen seems fine (its approx 2 weeks plus that we've moved in) So far cleaning is fine..

timothyng27 > the dining area has a total of 5x60w bulbs & 1x100w bulb they are controlled with 2 diff. controls thus not all need to be on at the same time. Yeah, we intentionally exposed the wires mainly for design sake and only have a L-shape false ceiling for the whole living room as we're not false ceiling fans.

the naked bulbs have not affected us in terms of heat has they are mirrored bulbs & we've not had the need to switch all of it on. As for dust....well....thats a little price for design asethtics i guss ;p

sethgoh Hi there... good observation :) it's a 5 burner, cast iron holders (we looked everywhere for it too!!!) and it's from Smeg. Happy Renovations!!!!

Edited by frigginfuchsia

Last few pixs before our final summary....

The shoe cabinet

shoe_cabinet.jpg

Storeroom door which we love

storeroom.jpg

we've yet to post pixs of our room as I've yet to complete the bedside tables ;p I've been working on it these pst few days!!! (finally have a bit of time to)

niteee!!! and happy renovating everyone!

really inspiring reno! congratulations.

BTW, where did you get the recycled wood? We want to clad one beam in our house with wood and I would like to use recycled wood if possible, thanks!

Hi Patsy I think our ID got it from a Malaysian shipyard....

really inspiring reno! congratulations.

BTW, where did you get the recycled wood? We want to clad one beam in our house with wood and I would like to use recycled wood if possible, thanks!

Hi Cornball,

thanks for dropping by.

Motto's address can be found here(they're actually a furnishing store):

http://www.motto.com.sg/page/display/about

the red stools are from Lorgans retro store.

Happy renovating!

Hi frigginfuchsia

where's the Motto Light shop that you speak about?

Where did you get the red stools?

Thank you.

Edited by frigginfuchsia