Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
frigginfuchsia

Stepping Back In Time

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

the naked bulbs have not affected us in terms of heat has they are mirrored bulbs & we've not had the need to switch all of it on. As for dust....well....thats a little price for design asethtics i guss ;p

Hi frigginfuchsia, would like to check where you got your mirrored bulbs from? Thanks so much. :P

How are u settling at your new place btw? Any more droolworthy pics to share? Or new finds/buys to tempt the rest of us? :D

Hi B,

You're home is looking even better then when we visited! This is Les (renotalk newbie) and I found your thread while searching Forår :D

Impressive DIY projects in your home, respect

Come by the warehouse this Sunday, I've rearranged the place so everything is accessible. You'll be impressed haha :sport-smiley-003:

see you soon

Les>> will email ya soon!

Tim>>

warh.... i dun think so la... it's still a mess ;p

Adi>>

HELLLOOOO!!!! how have you beeen? reno goin well?

I've been a little tied up with family health issues... grandma and grandpa are sick etc plus work.. yissshhhh....

Anyway, the mirrored bulbs are purchased from jalan besar light bulb suppliers and sim lim toTOWER (not square hor)

I'm still in the midst of doin up bits and bobs of our home... yet to even start on the 2 rooms@@ the sound system etc !!!! but so far, we've been enjoying our new place pretty much... I'll try to lurk in the forum more tonight! wanna see more of yr home details!!!!

Hi frigginfuchsia, would like to check where you got your mirrored bulbs from? Thanks so much. :P

How are u settling at your new place btw? Any more droolworthy pics to share? Or new finds/buys to tempt the rest of us? :D

Adi>>

HELLLOOOO!!!! how have you beeen? reno goin well?

I've been a little tied up with family health issues... grandma and grandpa are sick etc plus work.. yissshhhh....

Anyway, the mirrored bulbs are purchased from jalan besar light bulb suppliers and sim lim toTOWER (not square hor)

I'm still in the midst of doin up bits and bobs of our home... yet to even start on the 2 rooms@@ the sound system etc !!!! but so far, we've been enjoying our new place pretty much... I'll try to lurk in the forum more tonight! wanna see more of yr home details!!!!

Sorry to hear about your grandparents. Hope they get better soon. Work-wise... yeah, Q3 never seems to be a good time.

The usual crop of issues with reno, but overall seems ok... I'll have more updates when the place looks more settled.

Thanks for the info on the bulbs :)

So when do we see ur place in some mag? ;)

Adi> Our home is really done up simply la... doubt it qualifies as a Mag-featured home... *blush*

---------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, here's a little update. Due to our budget constrain and planning time, we did not do anything to the 2 common rooms and they've been our storage hubs the last 2 months. I've finally managed to slowly unpack some of the items. And settling in our new place has helped us decide what to do with both the rooms. We were unsure of what the rooms should be as I wanted a sewing studio as well as a mini home office space. He wanted a bike workshop room and music room.

We've now manage to compromise that we'll only use the larger common room for ALL the above functions rather than both rooms and will keep the smaller room as a guest room.

The challenge now is integrating everything together and LORD we need good storage solutions for our books, mags, bike parts, tools and my boxes and boxes and boxes of fabrics!

Below are 2 moodboards that I've created. I think it's clear to see that moodboard 1 is too girly ;p & moodboard 2 is prob. the way to go. Am happy with both. Now to get started on working on the Studio/office/workshop.

What happened to the music room? I've come to notice my other half is happy playing in the living room so I've decided to let that be for now.

here're the moodboards

Study_moodboard1.jpg

Study_moodboard2.jpg

Hi Chergaby,

thank you for your compliments.

The ID who did my place is Marc Wong of Linear Space.

We've had a wonderful experience working with him and his team of workers.

No complains about the material usage and quality

Happy Renovating

Hi frigginfuchsia,

very nice house!

Mind to share with me who is your ID?

Yr blog is marked my favorite n inspirations..I kept reading n trying to learn or MAYB copied more ideas! Hope u dun mind!

Unfortunately, not as creative as u..Really like some of yr DIY but I haven ask my contractor if he knows how to do it..

Abit upset now abt my common bathroom..MAYB shd b all black instead? The white tiles r nice but the grout...N wondered if yr toilet big pipes hv kerb base? Sigh...I am such a perfectionist n gonna questioned my contractor on this cos I dun like kerb base de...

hi Angelbutterfly,

Its flattering to know you like what we did to our home. Usually most pple prefer Scandi. modern homes compared to our Scandi. vintage + industrial home.

We're glad that we could inspire you with some of our DIYs. I believe they're quite straight forward and your contractor will have no probs replicating them :)

I just went to take a look @ your common toilet you had written abt. I think it's an individual preference when it comes to colour, for us, we went with different shades of grey as we wanted it a little more industrial compared to the rest of the apartment. The dark toilet does have it's own share of maintenance issues too, like the whitish streaks due to lime scale etc (I've to constantly clean our black sink top with the micro-fibre fabric to get rid of lime-scale, besides limescale, the yellowish moisture grime can be seen too)... If your issue is maintaining the whiteness of the grout, baking soda is wonderful for keeping it clean, worst case scenario, there're grout repainters etc... Do keep the white tiles if you like the feel of it in yr toilet as every material has it's own material maintenance peeves.

Lastly, the big pipes in our toilet does not have a kerb, it's straight dwn to the floor. I am however unsure if it's better to have a kerb or not... not sure if there's a reason why it should have a kerb or not.

Once again, thanks for dropping by and your home is looking great! I look forward to more of yr photos! :)

Yr blog is marked my favorite n inspirations..I kept reading n trying to learn or MAYB copied more ideas! Hope u dun mind!

Unfortunately, not as creative as u..Really like some of yr DIY but I haven ask my contractor if he knows how to do it..

Abit upset now abt my common bathroom..MAYB shd b all black instead? The white tiles r nice but the grout...N wondered if yr toilet big pipes hv kerb base? Sigh...I am such a perfectionist n gonna questioned my contractor on this cos I dun like kerb base de...

Tks so much for all the kind words though I know I hate myself for being so fickleminded!

I love the tilers cos the workmanship is really really Great so that might b one of the reason which I will accept everything...Cos blinded by the gd workmanship n their efforts..I mean can make changes but it's waste of other people's effort...Frankly, it's nice la..Juz me me me!

The kerb is cos to prevent water leakage as they laid waterproofing there... Contractor said can opt out but it's better to hv it... Well...dunno leh..Already do until the angle so nice somemore...how to hack away???

Angelbutterfly, frankly, I feel that if you really are leaning towards something else for yr toilet, eg. to change the tiles, you should follow your heart... because you're gonna face that toilet for the next 5 years or so. Thus even if the workmanship is good... but if it bugs you for certain reasons, I think you should change it according to how you feel. M pretty sure yr ID/contractor will understand.

mabaricows , Thank you for remembering our lurve for vintage items and taking the effort to sending us that link.:) really appreciate it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone, today was a real treat for us because we finally found my husband's studio table! (he's pretty particular about what he wants and I've been under-going 2 months of grieve searching for his table!!!!!)

We actually saw this table 3 mths bk but we were so financially tied the last few mths that it was at the bk of our shopping list. When we visited the shop again today, we not only saw it still there, but this time, it had a little typewriter table compainion! I could not resist bringing the little typewriter table home too to place our printer on.

So, the next few days will be loads of elbow grease refurbishing for these 2 items! Am real excited abt puting these 2 pieces and my recently refurbished sewing table together in the studio :)

Here are the pixs of our purchases today....

Study_tables_before.jpg

they were originally a darker bluish gray and after years of aging, they're now a light turquoise gray, just the perfect vintage shade to me :)