Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Serangoon4room

My New Home - Serangoon 4 Room

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

check with you, for the new doors do they change the entire door or the laminate/veneer only?

Good question... i wasn't around when they changed the doors... i'm not sure if they change the laminate only or the whole door.

Kitchen Glass Panel

00511.jpg

Hi S4Room..

Where's all the power point located? inside the cabinet? Wonder where do you place most of your kitchen appliances (electric water boiler, microwave, etc)? I'm in the midst of renovation here and will be having the same glass backing type as yours. My ID propose to have the power point on the glass backing itself, in which I find it a bit ugly..

Very daring colours used, i like the glass panel which i never thought of that before doing up my kitchen.

Thanks! I wanted bold colors in the guest room and study room as my Living room and MBR has a very strong Earth theme. Hence decided that our 2 rooms will have stronger colors to contrast the Earth Theme. At the same time, bright yellow and orange are still under Shades of Brown.

Glass panel is quite common now, and it gives the kitchen a more spacious feel with the reflective surface. easy to maintain also.

Edited by Serangoon4room

Kitchen Glass Panel

Hi S4Room..

Where's all the power point located? inside the cabinet? Wonder where do you place most of your kitchen appliances (electric water boiler, microwave, etc)? I'm in the midst of renovation here and will be having the same glass backing type as yours. My ID propose to have the power point on the glass backing itself, in which I find it a bit ugly..

managed to find one photo taken from this angle. It was taken before the glass panel was up.Yes, the electrical sockets are on the cupboards.

will have a bit of inconvenience as i would be placing my rice cooker, microwave oven, probably airfryer as well.

All three bulky items at the corner.. not sure how it will look.

0278e.jpg

Another way is to place the electrical sockets on the solid surface.

Edited by Serangoon4room

Went Ikea to buy this mirror.

004e11.jpg

Stave Mirror

Huge miscalculation as i initially wanted to install right beside our WIW.

It turns out it is too thick and would block the drawers from opening.

Hence the mirror has to move more towards the left.

My Fiancee's uncle also helped us installed the light with motion sensor outside the corridor.

Just so happens there's no HDB light outside my house, which is quite dark at night.

00810e.jpg

This photo deserve one post on its own.

Even since we bought our place, we wanted our new home to have the dining table as the centre of our home.

As the dining place is the place that all family members will sit down together, eat, chat and talk about their day's work etc etc, me and my wife-to-be agreed together the Dining place is the most impt place in our house.

We both wanted a wooden dining table, a sturdy one and big enough to accommodate a big crowd. The design, features and furniture in the Living room must suit our Dining area and to emphasize our Dining area as the centre.

We took a long time to find our Dining Table, chairs and the dining lights

And when the Dining lights is finally installed, i am so delighted that it turned out exactly what we started this reno journey for....

0037e.jpg

didn't know photobucket also got some weird bandwidth cap. Not able to display my old photos until next month. Or pay to upgrade to a premium account.

Using a new photobucket account now for the subsequent photos.

Sneak preview of our Living room. Our L-shaped sofa isn't here, so we got our Study Room sofa to stand in.

Other rooms are just too messy with all our stuff.

0336.jpg

0382.jpg

Our MBR toilet shower screen is finally up. And Box up done.

020e8.jpg