Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Serangoon4room

My New Home - Serangoon 4 Room

Next is to choose the laminate for our feature wall and full HT shoe cabinets.

056.jpg

we chose 1188AS. The texture is very good and the color and grains are so fitting to our Earth Theme.

For our Living room TV console laminate, we chose very dark colors as the console doors will be aluminium frame with dark glasses.

Brown will not go well with aluminium grey...

057.jpg

chose 4209

Finally, our MBR laminates....

059.jpg

we chose canele york teak for the WIW doors, bed side cabinets and TV console.

So nice!!! and the shades are perfect for our MBR.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Today, went down to my place to reconfirm if my aircon may affect my feature wall. Took some photos.

0055e.jpg

Measuring tape is 80cm from door frame.

Seems like just nice. The feature wall can still flush with my false ceiling.

Wow! my ceiling is really low after installing the false ceiling

Went down to Poh Joo today and gotten most of the stuff for MBR toilet and Common toilet.

Very happy with their services!

Realised didn't take some photos of the hooks, corner glass racks, 2way tap, instant heater that we bought as well at Poh Joo.

MBR Toilet

0243e.jpg

Common Toilet.

0253e.jpg

Kills

0382e.jpg

It's been a while since i last updated. As there wasn't much progress for the past 2 weeks waiting to meet the carpenters and get some small fixes done, the reno came to an interim break.

During this interim break, we gotten a few fixes with top ups $$. We also chosen our Paint colors and the first coat of paint is up.

1. We finally gotten the Lbox above our bed head in our MBR.

2. We boxed up the ugly pipe joint above our MBR toilet.

3. We boxed up the aircon access.

0552e-1.jpg

Our chosen MBR paint color is supposed to be very light yellow, but somehow it looks very different from the Dulux book.

0552e.jpg

4. We also shifted the false wall further into the Guest Room. Now our WIW is 2.5 feet deeper!! When i did the comparison side by side (before and after), the photos didnt' show too much difference.

0562e.jpg

5. New Problem arise! :bangwall:

After tearing down the original false wall, there were 3 HOLES :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: in my Floor Tiles

0353e.jpg

After much consideration, we decided not to remove the tiles and replace with new ones. THe remedy is to fill up the holes with cement. We will be getting a big carpet for our WIW. We can live with this small defect.

Edited by Serangoon4room

Our chosen MBR paint color is supposed to be very light yellow, but somehow it looks very different from the Dulux book.

Well sometimes the adjacent walls and surrounding items may affect the colour looks.

This few days, the lights and air con units will also be installed. I have yet to buy the Hamburger lights for my kitchen, guest room, study room, toilets. And also still looking for my Dining lights and WIW lights

Making good progress in ur reno :) I like ur WIW :)

Thanks!! The carpentry is really good. The drawers are aligned properly so it doesn't feel "broken". But it's a bit dark and I'm getting my uncle to install lights in the cabinets itself.

Today, I specially made a trip down to my new home after work to see the progress.

So pleasantly surprised. :sport-smiley-004: My new home is finally taking shape....

From the entrance, i can see my feature wall.And my cove lights are up.

0235e.jpg

My aircon is up. Felt relieved that my aircon can fit just nicely between the door and the Feature wall. Was really worried the measurements may screw up.

025e4.jpg

0245e.jpg

I love the feel of the wood laminate.

Behind, my Shoe cabinet!

0225e.jpg

This is exactly like the 3D drawings!

My Kitchen (oops, haven't bought lights for kitchen)

0324e.jpg

Edited by Serangoon4room

I also got the trunking replaced in my sacrificial room ie Study Room.

Remember how the fat trunking suddenly stops and connect to a small one....

I got it replaced with a fat trunking all the way down.. it looks so much better.

Not an eye sore liao!! :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

035e4.jpg

Edited by Serangoon4room

No flaws??? that's too good to be true.... and i was right.

0225ee.jpg

1. When i opened the Shoe Cabinet, the door on the right will slam against the box up above my main door. As it's a hollow box up, it creates a large thud when the shoe cabinet door slams against it. How should i correct this? any cheap solution?

2. The cabinet door edge has been dented badly. Alamak! Either i get it replaced or i ask for discount!!!

That said, i must really give credit to this team of carpenters. They are really fast, and their works are very good. The 3 Shoe cabinets' vertical doors are properly aligned when they are shut. I'm impressed how detailed they are. Same for my kitchen full HT cabinets. Good workmanship.

Edited by Serangoon4room