Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Serangoon4room

My New Home - Serangoon 4 Room

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Finally, thank you Tbloggers for providing such useful information about renovations.

And also, huge thanks to Terence for doing such a good job. Readers, I personally recommend that you must shortlist him in your list of IDs when starting your renovations. Easy to work with, patient, and can suggest good advice. He has whatsapp, so basically he's 24/7 standby for me and my fiancee's queries via group chat.

Most importantly is that he completes the final touch-ups and takes responsibilities of errors made. If you have been following through my blog, i had to change my doors, replace hollow floor tiles, tear down and replace the stinky painted partition, having a long list of touchups and all these were rectified and fixed. Carpentry is excellent! PM me if you want his contact number.

Wishing everyone a prosperous new year. :sport-smiley-004: HUAT AH!!! :sport-smiley-004:

Edited by Serangoon4room

very nice before and after makeover~ :good:

I bet everyone got to go through all the hassle and Q&A towards ID for inquiries ~

End Result......SUI ARR & Happy Chinese New Yr! :D

hi! i love how ur drawers in the kitchen are wide and long. can you share how they are used? i wanted to get wide ones but m contractor keep telling me that they are impractical... :(

hi! i love how ur drawers in the kitchen are wide and long. can you share how they are used? i wanted to get wide ones but m contractor keep telling me that they are impractical... :(

Yes, i personally requested for wide and deep drawers so that i can store my pots and pans. Putting pots and pans in cupboards are very troublesome as you have to remove those outside to get those stuffed inside. Using drawers, you can reach for any pots and pans.

There's a catch though... the drawer thread has to be very strong in order to support the weight of the pots and pans when you are pulling the drawer. Maximum stress when you fully extent the drawers. so if you use the normal threads, it will wear off quite quickly and your drawer will be a bit crooked and tougher to pull out.... Have to get the expensive metal thread for such drawers if you are planning for heavy stuff.

Beautiful home! We have the exact same layout except my new flat is in Simei. and i love your WIW. do you mind sharing how much you spent on your reno works? :D

Yes, i personally requested for wide and deep drawers so that i can store my pots and pans. Putting pots and pans in cupboards are very troublesome as you have to remove those outside to get those stuffed inside. Using drawers, you can reach for any pots and pans.

There's a catch though... the drawer thread has to be very strong in order to support the weight of the pots and pans when you are pulling the drawer. Maximum stress when you fully extent the drawers. so if you use the normal threads, it will wear off quite quickly and your drawer will be a bit crooked and tougher to pull out.... Have to get the expensive metal thread for such drawers if you are planning for heavy stuff.

thanks for the advice! yah it makes more sense to have deep drawers for pots and pans... thanks again for sharing!

Hi it's been a while...

Just an update after staying there over the weekends for the past 3 months...

Noted 2 defects:

1. The toilet in the kitchen clogs very easily.

Getting the contractor to take a look. We understand the pipe beneath will trap dirt and then clogs which requires people to stretch their arm into the pipe and scoop out the sand and dirt. BUt it clogs every 2 months... is this normal for new flats as they are relatively more dusty and hence after the mopping and pouring the water in the toilet, it clogs very frequently... but the frequency will drop as the house gets cleaner?

2. The main door is rotting.. every week, we noticed wood powder on the floor at our main door. Suspect it is rotting from the inside... called Terence to come and check it out...

218.jpg

Lastly, i got lizards inside my false ceiling... can hear those light shuffling feet sounds inside my false ceiling at night. saw one small lizard crawling out from the electricals gaps and crawling back in. think i got a family living inside.

Any advice how to get rid of those lizards? what type of lizard traps are around in the market?

Edited by Serangoon4room