Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Serangoon4room

My New Home - Serangoon 4 Room

From what I can see in your common toliet, the exposed piping at the bottom might be a problem in the future. Dirt and mould might grow in between the areas of the connectors for piping to wall and if you accidentally hit on pipes, it might get ripped out!

BTW, did you install valves along the water piping? It could be used for emergency when your tap leaks or water fixtures burst.

Yar, the pipes would trap dirt. We will just have to clean it more often. But to hit the pipe until it gets ripped out should be quite rare. My old toilet was done this way, and 26 years, didn't see the pipes get ripped out.

No, we didn't build valves along the piping. So if it burst, our only valve is the main valve .

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi,

Did you tiled the opposite wall of your kitchen cabinet? Any picts...

Thanks... :D

Nope. We didn't have wall tiles in our kitchen. There will be glass works on the side of the wall with the stove. The other side is just plastered wall. Using paint only. No pics to share currently. But having out kitchen using more white laminate makes our kitchen look bigger.

Another bad news... Although Terence agreed to change doors, the design i originally chose is discontinued... Terence showed me the new catalogue and I had to choose another design.. Still using maple color but Walnut wood on both sides instead of just one side.

Today Terence just informed they will complete by next Thurs. 2nd Chemical wash is this saturday. Renovation is finally ending... Can't wait...

Edited by Serangoon4room

Nope. We didn't have wall tiles in our kitchen. There will be glass works on the side of the wall with the stove. The other side is just plastered wall. Using paint only. No pics to share currently. But having out kitchen using more white laminate makes our kitchen look bigger.

Thanks... I am thinking of doing the same thing and am concerned about the maintenance...

Thanks... I am thinking of doing the same thing and am concerned about the maintenance...

The new paints are supposed to be very washable, so maintenance wise will not be as bad. ME and wife don't foresee we will do a lot of cooking hence we didn't see the need to have the wall tiles.

If you do a lot of cooking, you may want to have wall tiles or a very good hood to suck away the oily smoke from your cooking.

Another bad news... Although Terence agreed to change doors, the design i originally chose is discontinued... Terence showed me the new catalogue and I had to choose another design.. Still using maple color but Walnut wood on both sides instead of just one side.

Today Terence just informed they will complete by next Thurs. 2nd Chemical wash is this saturday. Renovation is finally ending... Can't wait...

:dancingqueen: Congratulation. A journey coming to an end...

The new paints are supposed to be very washable, so maintenance wise will not be as bad. ME and wife don't foresee we will do a lot of cooking hence we didn't see the need to have the wall tiles.

If you do a lot of cooking, you may want to have wall tiles or a very good hood to suck away the oily smoke from your cooking.

Mmmm... thanks... Will factor the "cooking" part into the consideration... Haha...

Haiz.. have to delay handover to next week cos there's too many outstanding things to fix...

Living room

Hollow Tiles

Uneven patches on top of kitchen entrance

Unvent patches below Aircon

Main Gate has hole not filled on top

Main door has holes not filled at lock area

Kitchen

Floor Stains

Solid surface white paint stains

Solid surface crack near powerpoint area

Kitchen tiles gaps not filled up.

Glass backing not up.

Common Toilet

Floor Stains

Hollow wall tile

Study Room

Poor paint job

Ceiling hooks not removed near window and near the light

Guest Room

Poor paint job

Ceiling hooks not removed near window

Curtain Pole not removed.

MBR

WIW edge at entrance not covered.

Hollow Floor tile

MBR Toilet

Screen door not up

Box up not up.

Toilet floor tiles spoilt due to WC installation

Water Pipe into Toilet not covered with Wall Tiles

Towel Rack crooked.

To all areas

3 Room Doors not replaced yet.

All holes removed must be filled up, plastered and repainted.

0023e.jpg

Found many hollow tiles in my Living room. Terence will be changing but he mentioned it may result in very slight uneveness as the replaced tiles may not flush perfectly... this got me thinking but what the heck, there's too many hollow tiles... Buckling would be a worse problem for me in the future.

Edited by Serangoon4room

They should change all the tiles in the living room, rather than telling you that there is slight uneveness. That's not your problem for causing that, isn't it? My parents' house has many hollow tiles and the tiles pop up after 10 years. If you are not staying the flat for long, I think you shouldn't ask them to redo, but it all depends when the tiles will pop up.

Sorry to hear about your issues, I also had to move in without doors and other issues due to FS timing so it was super messy and dirty while they keep doing different works everyday. May they all be rectified soon and your muji furniture looks good!