Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
JumpStreet

A Simple Plan For A Simple Space

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

They are half bricks called Craft Stone. Total damage for the brick wall was about $1.8k

That mean u hack the wall to bulit again or just paste on it??

I didn't see your clock there, but there are others lah. Since yours is perfect, then you won't need another. :)

The stocks there are quite irregular, it's like one of those shops where they just bring in some items once and don't restock on that again, those kind. But the last time I was there, they just brought in the Newgate clocks and it was a decent selection (enough for me lah). So your mileage may vary.

I didn't realise you're in the west (but that's cuz I didn't ask). :) I know the area very well. My in laws live in the HDB estate in Bt Batok that is closest to the Toh Tuck area and I am just 5-8 min from Toh Tuck as well. :)

Hey! I jog up to Bukit Batok and loop back towards Jln Jurong Kechil! Still waiting for your reno updates. :)

Beautiful Home.... May I enquire abt yr ID and the total reno costs including furnishing? Thanks.

Hey, you got PM. :)

That mean u hack the wall to bulit again or just paste on it??

The bricks are tile like. We just got the contractor to paste and plaster over.

dun ever swap for LED just like that.. I have checked and heard from the lighting shop owners they claimed that for the ones that flicker...the transformer used is not correct mode or type. I have yet to investigate on this but I noted this:

i swapped the halogen for LED lightings in my dining area and the tv area...the transformers used are different and one flicker and one doesn't.

btw u cannot use the dimmer for the LED lights, they are meant for halogen n not LED. it will affect the lifespan of the LED lights.

btw i would like to feature your renovated place in my reno blog...with your permission of course. :)

Hi, thanks for pointing it out. I swapped my kitchen halogens with LEDs and it works better than the living room ones. I guess the transformer is of the correct kind.

I bought a whole pack of 10 LED bulbs from eBay for about $9 per piece, so I've still got lots of spares if they go out :)

You're most welcome to use the pics in your blog, and thanks for asking!

Toilets

mbr-bathroom-2.jpg

MBR sink

mbr-toilet.jpg

MBR toilet

cmn-toilet-3.jpg

Common toilet with perhaps the most popular toilet bowl here in Renotalk (ARINO CAPRIO). Got it from a shop along Balestier called Living Phenomenon, was quoted $580 for it and found it at other shops selling for $450 w/o GST! Felt so stupid after that.

Hi, chanced upon your blog and love what you have done with your house!

I noticed you are using the Hans grohe basin mixer that I'm eyeing n your MBR - any issues with water splashing out from your sink? is the spout a little short? Also, does the water come out at a strong angle or does it flow downwards like normal taps? I've got a round basin and am afraid the water may drip downwards and not at an angle such that there'll be a lot of backsplash.

Agree with you about living phenomenon - was brought there by my ID and I was seriously overcharged. They even added so many things like pop up waste, bottle trap etc (again overpriced btw) without asking me and I was so new to renos then and had no idea what I was paying for but signed the bill anyway! Still feeling the pinch from that and would definitely NOT recommend living phenomenon. They even added GST to my final bill, on top of the already overpriced items. Very upset now when I think about it and wish I could return everything as my contractor hasn't installed them but I've paid in full already :(

Hi, my contractor has suggested LED lights for my whole home as we're running on single phase circuit box. Is your kitchen bright enough after changing it to LED lights? Is yours the 3w or 10w light bulb?

Also noticed u're probably using the grohe or Hans grohe mixer for your kitchen sink... Where did u get it and for much? Is it the retractable one and is the stem made of metal or the fabric material? is there a button to press such that the water can be sprayed? I was told one on the models doesn't have that button and can only be controlled from the tap.

Thanks for entertaining all my questions! So many decisions to make in such a short period.

Hi JumpStreet,

Your house is very nice... by far the nicest house i seen in T-blog....

Idea is good and yet simple..... thumbs up....

Btw can i check where did u get the common bathroom mirror on top of ur sink.... I wanted to get a mirror similar...

Hi, chanced upon your blog and love what you have done with your house!

I noticed you are using the Hans grohe basin mixer that I'm eyeing n your MBR - any issues with water splashing out from your sink? is the spout a little short? Also, does the water come out at a strong angle or does it flow downwards like normal taps? I've got a round basin and am afraid the water may drip downwards and not at an angle such that there'll be a lot of backsplash.

Agree with you about living phenomenon - was brought there by my ID and I was seriously overcharged. They even added so many things like pop up waste, bottle trap etc (again overpriced btw) without asking me and I was so new to renos then and had no idea what I was paying for but signed the bill anyway! Still feeling the pinch from that and would definitely NOT recommend living phenomenon. They even added GST to my final bill, on top of the already overpriced items. Very upset now when I think about it and wish I could return everything as my contractor hasn't installed them but I've paid in full already :(

Hi, I have used this tap for my old place as well as my current one and the spray all depends on the water pressure. My old tap didn't have the 'water saving' function of this new one even if they are the same model. To cut a long story short, the water flows downward. Why don't you go to the showroom at Mohd Sultan to test it out? Much easier to make a decision there.

Hi JumpStreet,

Your house is very nice... by far the nicest house i seen in T-blog....

Idea is good and yet simple..... thumbs up....

Btw can i check where did u get the common bathroom mirror on top of ur sink.... I wanted to get a mirror similar...

oh, easy... IKEA! HEMNES mirror... :)

Hi, I have used this tap for my old place as well as my current one and the spray all depends on the water pressure. My old tap didn't have the 'water saving' function of this new one even if they are the same model. To cut a long story short, the water flows downward. Why don't you go to the showroom at Mohd Sultan to test it out? Much easier to make a decision there.

Thanks! Silly me, why didn't I think of going to the showroom... Was asking the people at balastier to test it for me but they declined :\

Hi Jumpstreet

I dedicate my first post on RT to you! I realllllyyyyyy love what you did for your house and its exactly what I wanted. I was just putting EM chairs on my Wishlist a few days ago.

Can you share who did your I.D for you? And how much did it cost you? Please feel free to PM me.

Thanks so much =)

2 Thumbs up!

A quick update for the upcoming weekend.

TV Console

We decided to save some money on our TV console and reuse our existing one instead. It's a little worn and tired but we think we can still squeeze a few more years from it. Good thing that our previous ID kept it modular and not attached to the wall. It even fits into the current decor.

One thing that I really did not like was the size of the TV. Our old TV went kaput on us a while ago and we replaced it with a 50" Panasonic Plasma (thinking that bigger is better right?). BUT it seems to suck the life out of the living room like a gaping black hole when it is off. We almost never turn on the TV whenever we have guests as it is a real conversation killer.

I believe that there is a limit to how large a TV can be and 50" is a little large IMO.

living-console2.jpg

living-day-2.jpg

The Living Room that is making me totally lazy and late for work these days....

living-night3.jpg

Night mode

Coffee table from the junk store.

Just wondering for your speakers, are the cables hidden into the ceiling or you have a false ceiling to hide them?

Thank you