Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
JumpStreet

A Simple Plan For A Simple Space

Thanks vade :) My hubby and I went down to Hafary at Balestier today and was quoted $95 for 1 metre square. We went the another shop along the same stretch and was quoted $80 for 1.2 metre square. It's a different brand but the bricks look the same.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi guys,

Is it cheaper to buy the craftstones and ask the contractor to fix it? My quote for a +-2m wall is about $980 from my contractor.

Hi pinkcubey,

Try www.craftstone.com.sg. I was quoted 78 per 1sqm excl GST.

Hi beezeebear,

My contractor quoted me 600++ for a 2m wall of HDB wall height. You wanna try DIY?

Did u DIY your wall? hahaha I am worried the craft stones will start falling off after a few months. :P

I append his advice here...hope the thread owner don't mind.

"Most HDB flat has a ceiling height of 2.6m. Based on your width of 2m, the total surface area is 5.2 Sq.M and will require at least 5 cartons. If the sales value is less than S$500.00, there will be a S$50.00 transportation charge if you request for delivery. However, you can do self-collection and 5 cartons of CraftBricks can fit easily into a private car. Each carton weights 20~22kg.

For DIY, you can use MaxBond glue to stick the tiles onto existing wall. However, do make sure that the wall is free from dust and dirt before installation. Choose an edge to start laying from bottom up. Use a wood strip (around 9mm in width) to maintain the straight line and gaps between the tiles. Mix and add water to normal Portland Cement till you get a dough like mixture which you can roll and mold easily. Use this cement dough to fill the gaps between the brick tiles. You will need a hand grinder (or Makita Cutter) to trim the brick tiles at the edge."

Hi,

Very nice i must say.

May i know how much you spend on renovation alone?

Do you have good recommendation of sofa? I've been trying to get one.

Aside of it, do you know where to get child's size furniture with better prize?

Sorry for asking too much.

Thanks a lot.

Toilets

mbr-bathroom-2_zps1b6f6de3.jpg

MBR sink

mbr-toilet_zps56c6a957.jpg

MBR toilet

cmn-toilet-3_zps4303c0f7.jpg

Common toilet with perhaps the most popular toilet bowl here in Renotalk (ARINO CAPRIO). Got it from a shop along Balestier called Living Phenomenon, was quoted $580 for it and found it at other shops selling for $450 w/o GST! Felt so stupid after that.

Hi jump street,

Your house really gorgeous :thumbs up: Do you still remember where you your MBR toilet tiles and basin top? Very nice and the common toilet subway tiles? Pls to reply me through whatssapp 94500735