Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
JumpStreet

A Simple Plan For A Simple Space

gosh JS! lookz at wat you've done to your home?!...IMO this IS a Masterpiece!

even sayin this, i feel it still falls short of the indescribable Beauty you've created & made alive in your home!

guess your not only smartly creative, but oso a detailed + tidy kinda pax? with those carefully chosen portraits, neat placement of condiments, nice positioning of respective furnishings, etc etc on top of the nicey reno work....it's jus a Blown Away la :bow::bow: worship!

now if those chinese-speaking fellows pop by again, don't forget to record their consversatn then pass it to me for interpretion manz! m Tri-lingual...hokkien, chinese + angmo :notti:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

gosh JS! lookz at wat you've done to your home?!...IMO this IS a Masterpiece!

even sayin this, i feel it still falls short of the indescribable Beauty you've created & made alive in your home!

guess your not only smartly creative, but oso a detailed + tidy kinda pax? with those carefully chosen portraits, neat placement of condiments, nice positioning of respective furnishings, etc etc on top of the nicey reno work....it's jus a Blown Away la :bow::bow: worship!

now if those chinese-speaking fellows pop by again, don't forget to record their consversatn then pass it to me for interpretion manz! m Tri-lingual...hokkien, chinese + angmo :notti:

Thanks! My ID was quite instrumental in doing up the place as well, especially the cladding for the cabinets as well as the detailing for the kitchen door. We had some mismatch in vision at times, but in the end it was all good.

I'm actually quite a 'controlled mess' kind of person and this new place is a test of my ability to keep it organised! Wifey calls me the Typhoon. :)

I understand Mandarin, only problem is, nobody understands me when I speak it.

Edited by JumpStreet

Just a quick update since I've been MIA for so long. Not sure if anybody is still tuned in... :)

We have moved into our new home for 2 mth 2 wks and I would love to say we have truly unpacked and settled in, but the last part of the process seems to be the most difficult.

We've encountered some problems so far. 1 month into our stay, I noticed a damp smell coming from the kitchen drawers under the sink. Upon checking, there was water seeping in from the tap! The plumber did not secure the kitchen tap properly. Thankfully, our contractor was very quick in rectifying the problem.

I have managed to sort out the AV setup in the living room and also programmed all the universal remotes.

Having been through all manner of HTPCs and Media Centres, my most favoured is the Xbox Media Centre or XBMC. I used to mod first generation Xboxes to play my AVI movie files and it worked fairly well, until the higher resolutions and larger screens started creeping in. I dumped my XBMC and tried to find a replacement, going through a whole lot of China brand as well as US brand media players.

I finally settled on a mini-pc, in this case, a Mac Mini to handle all my media playing needs. I can even use it to surf the net when I'm slumped on the couch.

P8061078.jpg

An example of the XBMC running on Mac. I believe this iteration of the XBMC is as close to a perfect media player as it can get.

P8061081.jpg

Gone are the days of manually looking for cover art and synopsis. All added content are automatically pulled in and program write ups are pulled from IMDB.

P8061091.jpg

The venerable Mac Mini doing all the hard work. Playback of 1080p files are smooth and jump free. The newer Mac Mini's are equipped HDMI, not this one. I'm running via DVI. It's low energy consumption on standby is ideal as a 'always-on' solution.

P8061094.jpg

I call this my spade. An all-in-one solution for controlling the mouse and keyboard on the Mac Mini. eBay FTW!!!

P8061105.jpg

Just a quick update since I've been MIA for so long. Not sure if anybody is still tuned in... :)

I am! :)

Hee, I think my SO will be having fun doing all the IT set-up too. And I will just act blur and enjoy the set-up when it's all ready. :rolleyes:

So any new mini projects in the pipeline? Design conscious frens all seem to go thru tha phase a few months after move-in. :)

I am! :)

Hee, I think my SO will be having fun doing all the IT set-up too. And I will just act blur and enjoy the set-up when it's all ready. :rolleyes:

So any new mini projects in the pipeline? Design conscious frens all seem to go thru tha phase a few months after move-in. :)

Wow, lucky you. Setting up the AV system is back-breaking work.

I'm still waiting for your 'unveil' post when you move in! :)

Mini projects? I'm trying to catch up on all the resting that I've sacrificed for the move. ha ha

Edited by JumpStreet

P8061078.jpg

Ohhh, I like your lamp in the corner. Was beowing it online but I think I gotta control on expensive lighting.

Wow, lucky you. Setting up the AV system is back-breaking work.

I'm still waiting for your 'unveil' post when you move in! :)

Mini projects? I'm trying to catch up on all the resting that I've sacrificed for the move. ha ha

Hehe, that's why it's good to have a personal helpdesk. :wub:

Quite stressful if my place looks awful after all the build-up. :o:P8| LOL.

Rest and then gather strength for phase 2? ;)

Had been silently following all ur updates.. Every corner of ur place inspires me.. Hope I can turn my new place into such beautiful place too

Very nicely done up JS. Inspired to do something like this after following a couple of threads here! Would it be possible for you to show how your whole ceiling lights are done? I can't really imagine how I'd do up mine (my ceiling is too low to construct a false ceiling though an L-box will be fine).

Thanks!

awesome place you have!! :sport-smiley-003: :sport-smiley-003:

Had been silently following all ur updates.. Every corner of ur place inspires me.. Hope I can turn my new place into such beautiful place too

Thanks!

Very nicely done up JS. Inspired to do something like this after following a couple of threads here! Would it be possible for you to show how your whole ceiling lights are done? I can't really imagine how I'd do up mine (my ceiling is too low to construct a false ceiling though an L-box will be fine).

Thanks!

Thanks Blooie. We too didn't want to have a false ceiling as we wanted as much height as possible. The only alternative were uplights and tracklights. General lighting is provided by 2 Artemide Mini Surf halogen uplighters.

P8111245.jpg

The light is pretty okay, it's a bit too near the ceiling for a large enough spread, but I can live with it.

While tracklights are very versatile, I don't really like the look of a track stuck on the ceiling, so I found some gallery lights with stems from Lightcraft. Cheap and it gets the job done.

P8111258.jpg

There are another 2 table lamps for accents which were added later.

P8111252.jpg

Here's the dining/living area illuminated by the uplighters. It's not as dark as the pic shows. About 300W power usage for the 2 lamps though. :bangwall:

Mine are 150W each. I don't use them at full power, maybe about 30%-40%, not sure if that saves energy.

yes the halogens in the artemides are a whopping 300watts each! i checked on an led replacement but couldn't find any.

rr

Thanks Blooie. We too didn't want to have a false ceiling as we wanted as much height as possible. The only alternative were uplights and tracklights. General lighting is provided by 2 Artemide Mini Surf halogen uplighters.

The light is pretty okay, it's a bit too near the ceiling for a large enough spread, but I can live with it.

While tracklights are very versatile, I don't really like the look of a track stuck on the ceiling, so I found some gallery lights with stems from Lightcraft. Cheap and it gets the job done.

There are another 2 table lamps for accents which were added later.

Here's the dining/living area illuminated by the uplighters. It's not as dark as the pic shows. About 300W power usage for the 2 lamps though. :bangwall:

Fantastic thanks for that JS!