Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
JumpStreet

A Simple Plan For A Simple Space

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Love your place and the lights!

Gosh, making me think twice about my tiles selection... :unsure:

Can't wait to see how it'll look when it's all furnished. :thumbs up:

Sorry to read about the electrician busting your light. Mind sharing what he did?

Are those subway tiles??? We're looking for those as well! Where did you get them?

Yes they are. I think it's pretty common these days... so common that we were short of a few pieces and had a hard time locating them. I'll ask my ID when I next meet her.

looking great!!! gotta lurve the common toilet!!!!

Haha, thanks. Found some use for the IKEA HEMNES mirror/light + RIBBA frame :)

Love your place and the lights!

Gosh, making me think twice about my tiles selection... :unsure:

Can't wait to see how it'll look when it's all furnished. :thumbs up:

Sorry to read about the electrician busting your light. Mind sharing what he did?

Thanks adidaem! I'm following your t-blog very closely as well and, likewise, can't wait to see the end result.

The electrician broke the switch at the bottom of one of the lights and covered it up... got quite angry until I found a way to attach it back... doesn't work like it used to but good thing is that we have another main switch to control that.

A quick update.

All pictures shown so far were from the beginning of our renovation till about 3 weeks ago, just before we moved in.

Things are still a major mess and I'll put up the pics of the furnished place as soon as I can. Most of the stuff are from IKEA and we're hoping that the furnishings make the difference. :)

Here's a pic of the side table that I got from Forar. Has a pre-loved feel about it and we love it.

sideboard.jpg

hey hey jumpstreet, things look really nice. sorry for my late welcome to t-blog. enjoy your stay in your beautiful home!

hey hey jumpstreet, things look really nice. sorry for my late welcome to t-blog. enjoy your stay in your beautiful home!

Thanks sleek, am enjoying it and eagerly waiting to see how yours turns out.

i love the whole feel of your house!

where did you get your sofa btw?

Nice nickname... I got it from a shop with a signage called "We buy and sell antiques. Some fools buy and some fools sell." Can't remember the name of it though. At Tanjong Pagar.

great idea to construct the brick wall. I feel that the feel of the brick stands out from the rest of the apartment.

you have great taste.

Edited by abupapa

Hihi, saw that you have a bright kitchen with very neat LEDs or downlight. Can share what lighting you used and how much ?

The kitchen.

DSC_1008.jpg

As we both cook (sometimes at the same time), I opted for a Galley layout instead of the 'U' shaped layout which is better suited for a single cook. It also allows us to put a mirror at the end of the walkway, effectively doubling the perceived length of the space. Only problem is that we take a longer time running between the tap, fridge and cooker now.

Ah well, you can't win em all!

Hi hi ,

The mirror really makes a diff ..at first i thought ..how could that be..such a long counter top..it really deceives the eye :)

I've never been a fan of scandinavian theme or antiques being more into the modern minimalistic approach ..BUT ..you've created an interest in me and to look at it in a diff angle now ..ha..ha..your house is really superbly done :) especially the brick walls ..

Congratulations :thumbs up:

Hihi, saw that you have a bright kitchen with very neat LEDs or downlight. Can share what lighting you used and how much ?

Hi, we have 4 halogen downlights from Lightcraft. Can't really remember the price, should be about $15-$20 per pop but I might be wrong. The kitchen gets quite hot if you're cooking with the door closed. I swapped them for 3W LEDs from eBay at S$9.87 which made a whole lot of difference, only thing is that they sometimes flicker when dimmed. LEDs generate heat behind the lightsource whilst halogens generate heat in front.

Hi hi ,

The mirror really makes a diff ..at first i thought ..how could that be..such a long counter top..it really deceives the eye :)

I've never been a fan of scandinavian theme or antiques being more into the modern minimalistic approach ..BUT ..you've created an interest in me and to look at it in a diff angle now ..ha..ha..your house is really superbly done :) especially the brick walls ..

Congratulations :thumbs up:

Hey thanks! You can check out Apartment Therapy for a different point of view.

Edited by JumpStreet

Thanks adidaem! I'm following your t-blog very closely as well and, likewise, can't wait to see the end result.

The electrician broke the switch at the bottom of one of the lights and covered it up... got quite angry until I found a way to attach it back... doesn't work like it used to but good thing is that we have another main switch to control that.

Ha, mine will be a fairly plain apartment... yours looks much more interesting.

I really like your lights and the new side table from Forar. That's really horrid of your electrician. Did you ask for some damages or for him to fix the light?

is always worth logging on to renotalk now and then because some reno seen here really are noteworthy!

totally love your space and the details to complement it.

i put up some of my fav tblogs seen here on my tblog.

do check it out, scandi, minimalist.. is all there!

will definitely be back to check on your reno