Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
JumpStreet

A Simple Plan For A Simple Space

I usually hunt around 2nd hand furniture shops for unusual pieces. Mostly refurbished teak coffee tables or chairs with pencil legs.

I've got a few of those but trying not to overdo it.

There's this awesome shop in Kallang:

http://www.charm2nd.blogspot.com/

that has really interesting stuff.

Thanks for sharing! I like some of the dressers!

Have you been to Lorgan's at Pasir Panjang? Just wondering how the stuff there compares to charm2nd...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

30-wip-feature.jpg

The completed white brick wall, awaiting its coat of white paint

30-plaster-and-paint.jpg

The entrance to the common toilet

heheee.. i get what u mean by "The Wall" we had wanted that too.... anyway... HACK to being erm... different... becoz after looking at so many diff textured walls in diff homes... if we still like it... we like it yeah? Our band of malaysian brothers has been briefed by our ID to use an AK47 on our 'rough' wall....still unsure how it'll turn out... but I guess that's what praying is for :)

Ps. lurve yr reno so far!

heheee.. i get what u mean by "The Wall" we had wanted that too.... anyway... HACK to being erm... different... becoz after looking at so many diff textured walls in diff homes... if we still like it... we like it yeah? Our band of malaysian brothers has been briefed by our ID to use an AK47 on our 'rough' wall....still unsure how it'll turn out... but I guess that's what praying is for :)

Ps. lurve yr reno so far!

Thank you! We were inspired by a cafe at triple one somerset, can't remember the name, but it looks suhweet especially coupled with their furniture.

Also, we found this page on Door Sixteen with a whole lot of info on getting it 'right'.

Door Sixteen Link

We are probably mixing some more modern pieces as we don't have the guts to go with the more original vintage ones to fit the style.

I came across this site as well: http://www.flickr.com/photos/likethatone/

Looks pretty interesting. I'll go check it out as well as the site you recommended too :)

I usually hunt around 2nd hand furniture shops for unusual pieces. Mostly refurbished teak coffee tables or chairs with pencil legs.

I've got a few of those but trying not to overdo it.

There's this awesome shop in Kallang:

http://www.charm2nd.blogspot.com/

that has really interesting stuff.

I've checked out Lorgan's: most of their nicer stuff are the reproductions.

They have very good quality reproductions of modern classics: Eames, Herman Miller, Noguchi etc

I think you can find a few interesting pieces (fabric armchairs, tables and some lamps) from their original vintage stuff also.

However, the reproductions, and the better pieces from their vintage collection are pretty pricey, and the rest are either:

a) Too kitschy and very difficult to complement with other pieces / decor

b) A little worn-down

However, that's just my humble opinion. Go check it out for yourself. Maybe you can find something you like there :)

Thanks for sharing! I like some of the dressers!

Have you been to Lorgan's at Pasir Panjang? Just wondering how the stuff there compares to charm2nd...

Thanks for the info Timothy... I've been to Lorgan's but will hunt for some alternatives as I'm not looking to push it so much into a totally decked out 60s - 70s lounge pad.

Some updates.... Wall finally painted in white. We don't have much carpentry only the kitchen cabinets, a storage rack, toilets and our wardrobes. Hoping to fill up with interesting pieces.

painted.jpg

The wall bleeding it's guts of LAN & speaker cables.

kitchen-painted.jpg

The kitchen waiting for carpentry

Whoops, used the wrong acct to post...

Lightings

We split our light purchases over 2 places. Lightcraft and a website from Germany called Nostraforma.

The lights at Lightcraft were more generic pieces. Whilst those from Nostraforma.com had more character.

Here's what we got from Nostraforma....

p272286_488_336-1.jpg

PH 5

melampo-parete-xtra-2.jpg

The Melampo Parete from Artemide

I believe that the lamps are cheaper than buying them from Singapore. It would be good to consolidate purchases as they charge a flat fee of 99Euros for delivery.

Whoops, used the wrong acct to post...

Lightings

We split our light purchases over 2 places. Lightcraft and a website from Germany called Nostraforma.

The lights at Lightcraft were more generic pieces. Whilst those from Nostraforma.com had more character.

Here's what we got from Nostraforma....

I believe that the lamps are cheaper than buying them from Singapore. It would be good to consolidate purchases as they charge a flat fee of 99Euros for delivery.

Ooh, thanks for sharing! :) Just wondering if you incurred GST when you sent them over, since Customs imposes GST for purchases more than S$400 from overseas.

One way would be to break down the purchases into smaller ones such that each purchase is less than $400, but end up incurring more delivery charge.... *dilemma*.

Ooh, thanks for sharing! :) Just wondering if you incurred GST when you sent them over, since Customs imposes GST for purchases more than S$400 from overseas.

One way would be to break down the purchases into smaller ones such that each purchase is less than $400, but end up incurring more delivery charge.... *dilemma*.

I took it on the chin with the GST hit... painful, but since delivery is at 99Euros, it's still worth it.

Here's the link: http://www.nostraforma.com/

Very professional with tracking details and arrived on time 3 weeks later via UPS.

Here are some other things that I purchased.

REVO Heritage Internet Radio

Revo_Heritage_20091110.jpg

Love the design of this little radio. It has a Dieter Rams kind of feel to it but packs a whole lot of tech. Brushed aluminium body with american walnut sides. Internet Radio, LAST.FM, DAB / DAB+ radio, Media Streamer, iPod connectivity and USB player all rolled into one. Only thing it doesn't have is Airplay and it doesn't do the dishes.

Found it on sale at Challenger for $599 but managed to find it at John Lewis in the UK for GBP 229... Very high markup for the local distributor.

Hi

The glass door to your kitchen is lovely, is it possible to share the contact & price?

Edited by velv