Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
JumpStreet

A Simple Plan For A Simple Space

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Jumpstreet, may I know where did you get the picture that you have hung up on your wall?

I got it from London at a bookshop called MAGMA. It's a reproduction from a Russian children's storybook (circa 1920-30s)...

sideboard5.jpg

JS

Pretty awesome living room you got there JumpStreet! Where did you get the TV console and grey fabric sofa from?

Hey timothyng27... thanks. I saw your blog and think that we have a similar style that we are going for.

As for the couch and console, they were both recycled from my old place. The console was custom designed by my previous ID and built by the carpenter. We love it so much that we decided to bring it along. No cable management whatsoever...

We bought the couch from XTRA sometime back and upholstered in a microfabric that got super warm after a few minutes... lived with it for a few years and decided to reupholster when we moved.

Sofa.jpg

Couch at our old place...

sofa-2.jpg

Reupholstered with a much cooler synthetic fabric that breathes better.

Word of advice, try and sit on the couch for a few minutes at the shop!

Ok... final update

We have moved in for about a month and things have sort of settled down. There is a room (my study) which has become our dumping ground for uncategorised items, hope I can get rid of the mess soon. We're hoping to add small touches in the coming months, but nothing major would be done otherwise.

Dining Table

dining-table-4_zps284fedc0.jpg

Entrance & Dining with our beautiful side table from Forar.

dining-table-2_zpsd1331168.jpg

Alternate angle with light from PH 5.

dining-table-3_zpse70d8bf3.jpg

Reused chairs and table from our old place. Table is a little worn, but very well-built by previous carpenter. If it ain't broke...

Edited by JumpStreet

Toilets

mbr-bathroom-2_zps1b6f6de3.jpg

MBR sink

mbr-toilet_zps56c6a957.jpg

MBR toilet

cmn-toilet-3_zps4303c0f7.jpg

Common toilet with perhaps the most popular toilet bowl here in Renotalk (ARINO CAPRIO). Got it from a shop along Balestier called Living Phenomenon, was quoted $580 for it and found it at other shops selling for $450 w/o GST! Felt so stupid after that.

Edited by JumpStreet

Kitchen / Yard

kitchen-2_zps6eedbb57.jpg

Lived in kitchen with appliances and items in place.

kitchen-1_zps376c55a6.jpg

The facing aisle with coffee prep area, oven and fridge.

coffee_zps3d0c9392.jpg

Coffee prep area with Rancilio Silvia & Rocky Grinder combo.

kitchen-3_zps5618b98e.jpg

Sink area. DO NOT BUY THIS SINK! Engelfield SQ-05. Less than 3 weeks of use and it has started to rust and oxidize. Should have gotten a Blanco like everyone else.

kitchen-4_zps1a406abd.jpg

Cooking area. Got separate hobs. Realised that fire is not to our liking as it is not hot enough. Installer mumbled something in Mandarin about some kind of device to make the flame bigger. Couldn't understand.

Edited by JumpStreet

yard_zpsd4379705.jpg

The yard. Simple space, did not specify enough storage space :P

bedroom-3_zps57e74393.jpg

The bedroom with IKEA side tables.

study_zps40b17842.jpg

The messy study / mancave....

Edited by JumpStreet

Some of the items located in the house.

heritage_zpsdb90e704.jpg

The REVO Heritage taking pride of place on the TV Console.

newgate_zpsb7542bf0.jpg

A wrong that was made right. A Newgate clock that I saw in London but didn't buy ("Oh, I'll get it when I come back later"). Major regret for not buying but found an online shop willing to ship to Singapore. GBP 83.

Edited by JumpStreet

Pls pardon me for asking a silly qn..okie?

lol.. the MBR wall hung WC.. erm..if in yrs to come..is spoilt or choked..do u need to remove the tiles to fix the problem?

Cos the cistern is hidden inside right??

Love your place, JS!

Mmm, the simplicity and the eclectic personalisation really works fantastically. What a gorgeous job! You should be so proud - it's a beautiful mix - with the deer head, the cowhide, the vintage suitcase (always wanted one too haha!), the London clock, the vintagey-modern guest bathroom, your framed vintage posters :wub:! All the things I love!

Again, beautiful :)

Enjoy your gorgeous home!

- Ely

nice guitars there. i have 7 basses and plenty of effects pedals. still figuring out how to place em...

care to show ur pedalboard? :)

Edited by rottenramone

Love your place, JS!

Mmm, the simplicity and the eclectic personalisation really works fantastically. What a gorgeous job! You should be so proud - it's a beautiful mix - with the deer head, the cowhide, the vintage suitcase (always wanted one too haha!), the London clock, the vintagey-modern guest bathroom, your framed vintage posters :wub:! All the things I love!

Again, beautiful :)

Enjoy your gorgeous home!

- Ely

Wah, thanks! Touched... esp coming from one of the top t-bloggers here. I noticed that we referenced a lot of similar items from the internet. :good:

Pls pardon me for asking a silly qn..okie?

lol.. the MBR wall hung WC.. erm..if in yrs to come..is spoilt or choked..do u need to remove the tiles to fix the problem?

Cos the cistern is hidden inside right??

The solid surface on top can be removed to do some minor servicing like a normal WC. Major problems got to use the included commando mouse plumber that came with the cistern... :)

nice guitars there. i have 7 basses and plenty of effects pedals. still figuring out how to place em...

care to show ur pedalboard? :)

I only have like 5-6 pedals. The guitars are not so much a problem, it's the dang hardcases! And the humidity is also a big big issue. Hope all is well with your reno...

hehee... hey! was wondering just how the husband should stores his guitars.. and yeah la.. instead of looking at the decor.. we ended up looking at yr guitars... his like ya, Taylor and Gibson fan ;p

His quitars are more impt than me!