Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
JumpStreet

A Simple Plan For A Simple Space

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

look like the scandi. style lovers have another passion - guitars.. hehee.. you guys play anywhere?

I was just about to say... Mid modern century ppl seems to have an interest in collecting guitars. :)

Jumpstreet, I totally love what you did in the house! Esp the common toilet! :) I love the floor tiles, but I wonder if they are gonna be difficult to clean! All that grouting!

Edited by strikingreality

hiya!

may I ask you if the mirror on top of your WC is a storage mirror?

Yep, we made a last minute change from a wood veneer to a mirror finish to up the lux factor in the toilet.

I was just about to say... Mid modern century ppl seems to have an interest in collecting guitars. :)

Jumpstreet, I totally love what you did in the house! Esp the common toilet! :) I love the floor tiles, but I wonder if they are gonna be difficult to clean! All that grouting!

I've got guitar acquisition syndrome... And still have my first guitar that my Mom bought for me when I was a teenager... :)

Erm, I guess only time will tell if it really is hard to clean.

Good point. I have more hardcases than guitars. Go figure

Just remember to get more cabinets! I wish I did. Hardcases, guitars & amps take up way too much space if u wanna display them...

hehee... hey! was wondering just how the husband should stores his guitars.. and yeah la.. instead of looking at the decor.. we ended up looking at yr guitars... his like ya, Taylor and Gibson fan ;p

His quitars are more impt than me!

I empathize with him :)

look like the scandi. style lovers have another passion - guitars.. hehee.. you guys play anywhere?

I think we probably know each other... Big coincidence that I just discovered that Les from Forar is a childhood friend. Ha!

I've got guitar acquisition syndrome... And still have my first guitar that my Mom bought for me when I was a teenager... :)

Erm, I guess only time will tell if it really is hard to clean.

GAS = Gear Acquisition Syndrome. All 3 of you might actually know each other. :) LOL. Thankfully my hubby is into reno and furnishings now, he'd stop his acquisitions for a while. :P

Btw, about your sink. You mentioned the rusting and oxidation, but your sink is undermount. What you gonna do now... I suppose since it's undermount gonna be difficult to change?

Edited by strikingreality

GAS = Gear Acquisition Syndrome. All 3 of you might actually know each other. :) LOL. Thankfully my hubby is into reno and furnishings now, he'd stop his acquisitions for a while. :P

Btw, about your sink. You mentioned the rusting and oxidation, but your sink is undermount. What you gonna do now... I suppose since it's undermount gonna be difficult to change?

Yes, I put my GAS on hold to let my wallet recover a little after the renovation.

Abt the sink... no choice, guess I have got to live with it and find some kind of chemical to remove the rust and oxidisation (if there is even such a thing available).

Love love ur place JS, sorry for coming in late! haha..

If I have the chance to do up a major reno, thats how I would do it, like urs :)

btw, im also totally regretting getting my kitchen sink which has square corners like urs.

cleaning is really a pain in the neck.

I resorted to using baking soda mixed with water and a toothbrush, & magic sponge sometimes..

Love love ur place JS, sorry for coming in late! haha..

If I have the chance to do up a major reno, thats how I would do it, like urs :)

btw, im also totally regretting getting my kitchen sink which has square corners like urs.

cleaning is really a pain in the neck.

I resorted to using baking soda mixed with water and a toothbrush, & magic sponge sometimes..

Hi there, thanks for dropping by and the positive comments, I'm flattered! Love the pool (or billiard?) table at your place.

I'll try your concoction to clean the sink this weekend. Ditto on the cubic corners, so hard to clean, but love the look...

Yes, I put my GAS on hold to let my wallet recover a little after the renovation.

Abt the sink... no choice, guess I have got to live with it and find some kind of chemical to remove the rust and oxidisation (if there is even such a thing available).

Ha! I got two Elkay ones likes yours - thankfully no oxidation/rust yet, but the linen sink from Hoe Kee is showing some spots - will try Autosol for that. Am glad I have that movable, retractable tap which makes cleaning the corners much easier. Have been disciplined about not using CIF, scourers etc, but scratches galore!! I've learnt I can't keep everything in its original gleaming condition so am going to settle for just clean sinks... :P

- Ely

Hi JS, gorgeous place you have. Practical and functional and absolutely magnificently gorgeous! I like the timeless white brick walls. How did u do that?

I think I need to spend more time on online shopping. Or else difficult to find unique stuff like you and Ely.

I also have cubic corner sink and I just use magic sponge. It works ok for me. :)

Ha! I got two Elkay ones likes yours - thankfully no oxidation/rust yet, but the linen sink from Hoe Kee is showing some spots - will try Autosol for that. Am glad I have that movable, retractable tap which makes cleaning the corners much easier. Have been disciplined about not using CIF, scourers etc, but scratches galore!! I've learnt I can't keep everything in its original gleaming condition so am going to settle for just clean sinks... :P

- Ely

I saw the Elkay sinks too! But we were concentrating so hard on the perfect size that we forgot about considering quality. The low price of the Englefield should have alerted us to the inferior stainless steel that they used. Good news is that our helper who drops by every fortnight to tidy the place has managed to remove some of the stains. I bet with a whole lot of elbow grease (maybe she even used CIF :x )

seems like your tap is the industrial kitchen type, with the curved and coiled trunking.

Hi JS, gorgeous place you have. Practical and functional and absolutely magnificently gorgeous! I like the timeless white brick walls. How did u do that?

I think I need to spend more time on online shopping. Or else difficult to find unique stuff like you and Ely.

I also have cubic corner sink and I just use magic sponge. It works ok for me. :)

My contractor got hold of these bricks called 'Craft Stone'. I think it's more for those looking for a country theme, but once the coat of white paint went over it, we sort of got the feel we were looking for.

As for online shopping, it suits my bargain hunting instincts as things are usually cheaper than the retails prices in Singapore. Some of the items purchased online are still cheaper if the retail stores in Singapore have a '50% off sale'. Furthermore, PayPal now has a Buyer Protection system that protects you from unscrupulous sellers and defective products.

I think I've got a 80% - 20% success to failure rate for online purchases. :)

i like the brick wall.. really nice.

thanks!

Hi JS,

Simply wonderful place you have. The toilets are amazing and maybe you can get a steam cleaner like from Kracher or OSIM to clean those grout lines.

Hi JS,

Simply wonderful place you have. The toilets are amazing and maybe you can get a steam cleaner like from Kracher or OSIM to clean those grout lines.

Hey Defelio. Yes, we were initially looking to do the grouting in grey cement but since it was already grouted in white, we decided to keep it.

Will monitor if they do turn brown, but don't know if I have the energy to steam clean :unsure:

Hi, your place looks fabulous. Can I ask who did your sofa re-upholstery? I also need to get this done.

Thanks!

Hey! Welcome to RT! :)

I got my sofa re-upholstery done by Jann at Jazz It Up. http://jazzitupbyjann.blogspot.com/

I found Jann's blog through Google and contacted her. She showed up the following weekend with some fabric swatches which were more suitable for the hot climate. Talk about customer service!

She took care of everything from the moving of the couch (esp since my previous place was a 5 storey walk-up) to the re-upholstery.

I guess there are other re-upholster firms out there, but I decided to give my business to Jann since she bothers to connect with her clients online.