Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
JumpStreet

A Simple Plan For A Simple Space

Hi

The glass door to your kitchen is lovely, is it possible to share the contact & price?

Hi velv, I'm not sure about the contact. My main con handled this with the iron mongers.

If it helps, it's a scalloped glass and it's quite common as I've seen it at some places.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

can't wait to see the table it'll be illuminating :)

Oh, due to budget constraints, we've decided to reuse our old dining table from my previous place which was (and still is) pretty well built.

Only problem is that it's a little banged up. We are planning to sand it down and restore it but still considering.

Home theatre system

Had the electrician run the speaker cables in the wall. A bit tedious but I'd rather keep my speakers on the low profile.

Got some the Mission m-cube from Alpha Audio

Mcube_large.jpg

Not super audiophile, but good enough for my layman ears to enjoy my music. Hooked up to a Marantz NR1501 as well.

Once again, another purchase for my caffeine fix.

I'm not a big fan of Nespresso, but on my recent trip to London, I chanced upon a newly launched model, the Pixie. A tiny little Nespresso machine at only GBP139! That's like SGD$280... way lower than the price in Singapore... Also, the capsules in the Knightsbridge store cost only $0.60, while it's $0.90 here.

nespresso-pixie-1.jpg

Can't say that it's the best espresso, but if I'm pressed for time, it gives the best taste to time taken ratio.

Edited by JumpStreet

Hihi!

I'm doing brick wall as well but instead of using real brick, it is textured painting, not too sure if is what you said - slap the cement and paint. But i do know is slap something on the wall and draw out the bricks ... Saw the sample, look pretty cool.. Super cross finger that it will turn out well...

Cheers!

Some updates on the toilets...

I sort of chickened out for the master bedroom toilet and went for a more traditional full tiled look instead of the more quirky style at the common bathroom.

P1040889.jpg

We wanted a hotel like style for the master bath and decided to remove the bathtub and replaced it with a shower instead.

Lighting updates (again)...

We wanted to see how each light affected every item, so we moved some pieces around and just tried out some configurations.

P1040857_zpsc0fa732d.jpg

This is the Living Room light test. I'm using 50W halogens for the spots, which tend to get a bit bright. However, 50W x 4 = 200W!! I've put a dimmer to the bulbs but I've heard that dimming halogen lights does not affect the energy used. Can somebody help me clarify this? I've also swapped it for 3W LEDs, but the spots tend to flicker when dimmed. bummer....

Also tried a comparison with a 100W incandescent bulb vs a 18W energy saving bulb for the pendant lamps. The incandescent lights (left bulb) gave more tones whilst the energy savers (right) had a very even distribution.... choices.... with the 2 lamps on incandescent, it's like 200W of consumption... vs 36W... was a no brainer decision.

DSC_1023_zps6ae46c6b.jpg

Sample of how the light falls on furniture. The piece in question is one that I bought from a junk store along Neil road.

Edited by JumpStreet

Sample of how the light falls on furniture. The piece in question is one that I bought from a junk store along Neil road.

Such a good piece of "junk" you got there. Which junk store is this along Neil Road?

P1040990.jpg

A wider shot with my poster from MAGMA books.

We also purchased an Artemide Surf Mini for floodlights (general lighting). Again, it's a 150W halogen... hard to keep to our green theme....

P1040963.jpg

The Artemide Melampo Parete bedside lamps which allow you to tilt the angles. Chose this over the more popular Tolomeo series. Incidentally, Lightcraft has a replica of these lamps.

P1040960.jpg

Realised that the electrician busted one of my Artemides! Should have installed them myself.... good thing it was still 98% repairable.

Such a good piece of "junk" you got there. Which junk store is this along Neil Road?

Can't remember the name but it's beside the coffee joint -The Plain. Nice place for treasure hunting....

The kitchen.

DSC_1008_zps86e74b15.jpg

As we both cook (sometimes at the same time), I opted for a Galley layout instead of the 'U' shaped layout which is better suited for a single cook. It also allows us to put a mirror at the end of the walkway, effectively doubling the perceived length of the space. Only problem is that we take a longer time running between the tap, fridge and cooker now.

Ah well, you can't win em all!

The toilets

P1040961_zpsc248d7dd.jpg

Masterbedroom toilet. Generic hotel styled, sand tiles bathroom. Nothing noteworthy but very comfy to be in.

pano_zpsda88baf5.jpg

Common toilet. Love how this turned out!

Edited by JumpStreet