Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
stardust205

Hanging Chair In Hdb Ceiling

Hi,

Has anyone tried install hanging rattan chair to the ceiling of HDB flat?

Any restriction on only certain area of the ceiling is allowed, other than the L-box/false ceilings?

Thanks!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hey, I bought a rattan chair to be hung in my HDB living room. My ID said he'll install the hook in the ceiling for us, the type that people use to hang the sarong cradle aka "yo mua". My current house has one in my mum's bedroom. Have not heard of any restriction though...

If the threshold for weight is an issue, there is no harm calling up the HDB technical officer for your block & requesting that he confirms as to whether there are issues or not.

If the threshold for weight is an issue, there is no harm calling up the HDB technical officer for your block & requesting that he confirms as to whether there are issues or not.

Thks eden. I'll call and check it out.

Hey, I bought a rattan chair to be hung in my HDB living room. My ID said he'll install the hook in the ceiling for us, the type that people use to hang the sarong cradle aka "yo mua". My current house has one in my mum's bedroom. Have not heard of any restriction though...

Hey moissanite2,

Does your rattan chair's hanging portion looks like the below pic?

The 'chair+chain' can be easily detached from the spring & metal base.

your ID using one of the below hooks to hang your chair?

Thanks!

img0706p.jpg

Types of Hooks

ekorrehook13514pe093761.jpg

11068269769740401.jpg

hamaccpowerhookpr.jpg

rightfully should be ok, if its just one chair

people hang ceiling fans - heavier than chair on the ceiling as well.

but just a thought, the chair dangling there may not look very nice asthetically. :P

Hi Stardust205,

Here's my rattan swing...

p1010189h.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

and the accessories that come with it...

p1010190o.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The wall hook on the right will open up like a flower for a good anchor into the ceiling.

Hey,

so nice of you to post the pics here. Great! I'll show my contractor the pics.

Thanks alot. =)

rightfully should be ok, if its just one chair

people hang ceiling fans - heavier than chair on the ceiling as well.

but just a thought, the chair dangling there may not look very nice asthetically. :P

Mm.. Depending on the design theme of the hse, it might not blend in.. But compared to putting it in the balcony, it would be more comfortable having the swing-chair indoor. ;)

the ceiling hook looks flimsy to me.... remember the hooks not only have to hold the residual weight of the rattan chair, and also have to tahan a human weight (up to 150kg)... you won't want the hook to give way unexpectedly, causing injury to the butts and spine...

so may have to get proper masonry anchors like the steel-type self-expanding ones shown in http://www.acehardware.com/info/index.jsp?categoryId=1283458

Edited by neubie

Stardust205, you're most welcome. The spring is optional but I paid for it cos I want the bouncy feel. :sport-smiley-018:

Neubie, thanks for raising the weight concern and sharing the link. The boss of the rattan shop sold this hook to me and as I mentioned, the anchor part will open up like a flower in the ceiling for a good grip (closed as shown in the pic). I guess I trust his judgement cos I'm plus size. :thumbs up:

Stardust205, you're most welcome. The spring is optional but I paid for it cos I want the bouncy feel. :sport-smiley-018:

Neubie, thanks for raising the weight concern and sharing the link. The boss of the rattan shop sold this hook to me and as I mentioned, the anchor part will open up like a flower in the ceiling for a good grip (closed as shown in the pic). I guess I trust his judgement cos I'm plus size. :thumbs up:

Hi moissanite2,

Can pm me the contact of the rattan shop? I would like to buy the parts from them.

My contractor asked us to get the parts ourselves and kept discouraging us from hanging the chair.. =(

I got the feeling he's not keen to help us mount the chair. Hah.

(the furniture shop that sold us the chair isn't of any help too..)

Thanks!

Hi moissanite2,

Can pm me the contact of the rattan shop? I would like to buy the parts from them.

My contractor asked us to get the parts ourselves and kept discouraging us from hanging the chair.. =(

I got the feeling he's not keen to help us mount the chair. Hah.

(the furniture shop that sold us the chair isn't of any help too..)

Thanks!

Hi Stardust205,

Tried to pm you but got error msg saying you can't receive new msgs. Well, no secrets here. I got my rattan chair from Manila Furnishings (68, Thomson Road). It's just one bus stop after Novena Square, the last shop of a row of old shophouses opposite United Square. Very easy to find cos they hang rattan chairs outside the shop. Go asap cos last I heard, they're ceasing operation and renting out the shop.

Just kapo a bit -- can show us your chair? :dribble:

Hi moissanite2 & rickoveron,

Thanks for the info! :good: I will check-out the shops.

And for the pic, will try to post later tonite ;)

Hi Stardust205,

Tried to pm you but got error msg saying you can't receive new msgs. Well, no secrets here. I got my rattan chair from Manila Furnishings (68, Thomson Road). It's just one bus stop after Novena Square, the last shop of a row of old shophouses opposite United Square. Very easy to find cos they hang rattan chairs outside the shop. Go asap cos last I heard, they're ceasing operation and renting out the shop.

Just kapo a bit -- can show us your chair? :dribble: