Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
archenemy

Our 1St Home!

hi people..i have read a lot on the forums..learnt a lot of things..and now its payback time.

applied for the flat in may 2008..chosen the flat in august 2008...got my keys on 10th may 2011....

had a very clear objective for my renovation..practicality. things will be there for a reason.

my empty floor plan...

emptyfloorplan.jpg

started looking for a suitable ID by combing the forums..taking note of the companies recommended by people here...as well as friends'recommendations...

finally settled for 1 of them which my wife & I felt most comfortable with..and the price was also very reasonable..shall keep his identity a secret until my reno is completed...still do not know how it will turn out...

due to my constant travelling..i had very limited time in sgp to meet these guys...so all i could do was to email for quotes..together with my empty floor plan, description and pictures of what i intend to do...

when im back, i would meet up with those who bothered to entertain my emails...lots of them didnt reply..i wonder why..business too good?

Edited by archenemy

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

some pics of the empty house...

ffb1a11d.jpg

master bedroom with bay window

c3e3451c.jpg

master bedroom toilet

6939f712.jpg

the markings i done to try & size up how much space i have after installing my wardrobe...

ae99149b.jpg

service yard..have to put a water feature at the corner because its my "wealth position"

My ID and myself are very "on-site" people...so we dont have much drawings or such..3D will be given though...but i told him to start doing those stuff that doesnt require 3D 1st...eg kitchen cabinet base, false ceiling, wiring, window & grilles...etc etc..

1 of the drawings we came up with though was the electrical points...

photo1-2.jpg

and because i had to fly again just a few days after he started work..i had to settle some of the stuff 1st..or else it will hold up the reno...

philips downlight FBG305 for my living room, dining room and master bedroom...16 in total...

philipsfbg305.jpg

my wife insists that we put ceiling fans because of the lack of floor spaces...so we will have 4 of them..3 in the bedrooms and 1 in the living room...

for the living room...

KDKlivingroomfan.jpg

master bedroom...

bedroomfan1.jpg

bedroom 2 & 3....

bedroomfan2.jpg

will have light kits for these 2 fans...and i bought remote controls for all 3 fanco fans...the KDK in the living room comes with remote control already..

while i was on leave...i did my legwork and walked down the whole stretch of jln besar in search of toilet & kitchen accessories...

took a photo of this sink, whatsapp-ed my wife and she told me she loves it!

it even comes with a wooden chopping board meant to be put on top of the sink...

photo11.jpg

the tap was nice....but i was afraid the retractable would fail after a while...although it was a **** simple mechanism only! it only has weights below it to pull it down!

in the end...settled for this cool tap...**** nice finishing! matches the sink...

photo21.jpg

reno gathered pace yesterday..but sadly im not there to witness it...

pictures courtesy of my wife...

the cement base for my kitchen cabinet...

kitchencementbase2.jpg

kitchencementbase1.jpg

the part for the fridge...yes it is a funny place to put a fridge...but i got no choice..cos my fengshui master told me my stove has to be on the other end of the kitchen...

kitchencementbase3.jpg

my master bedroom toilet kerb for the shower screen. i like my dry area dry.

masterbedroomtoiletkerb.jpg

my stove has to be below the yellow sticker...nowhere else..thats why my kitchen layout has to be re-aligned to something quite radical...have to remove that double gauge socket too because the heat of the stove will definitely damage it..

kitchenwiring.jpg

additional switch for my service yard in anticipation of my water feature..surely it has got to have a pump...

serviceyardpowerpoint-1.jpg

this water feature fits the space available in that corner.

floorfountain1.jpg

the wiring done in my living room....

livingroomwithwires.jpg

livingroomwithwires2.jpg

and now.....the problems....

dont understand why this is so crooked...must ask my ID tomorrow...

notstraight-1.jpg

the passageway to the bedrooms. will have false ceiling here..dont know why they had to drill a hole and tap the wires from inside because there is a default lighting point here...

passangewaywithwires.jpg

the guy who is doing my master bedroom wardrobe came today to do the partition walls...(cos he is cheaper than my ID's quote!)

the wires inside are for the LED lights i will have inside my wardrobe..

wardrobeframe1.jpg

view from the entrance of my master bedroom...will be painted as the same colour the walls...

wardrobeframe5.jpg

I like that kitchen tap too!! Looks nice... How much it costs?

Congrats in getting your lovely home for you and your wife.

I like that kitchen tap too!! Looks nice... How much it costs?

Congrats in getting your lovely home for you and your wife.

the tap is slightly more than $400..

thanks! we are looking forward to see the end product of our reno too! hope it turns out like you said...lovely!

the tap is slightly more than $400..

thanks! we are looking forward to see the end product of our reno too! hope it turns out like you said...lovely!

Good price!! Looks really nice with your sink. If my tap spoilt, I will like to have this too. :)

Good price!! Looks really nice with your sink. If my tap spoilt, I will like to have this too. :)

haha..the finishing for both is the same...matte stainless steel..

we did think about both for a while..cos these 2 items add up to abt $800+! but heck lah..they go well together..we will use both quite heavily..so we decided to go for it...

tap very hard to spoil leh...haha..like then change lah!

this water feature fits the space available in that corner.

floorfountain1.jpg

I like this water feature! : ))) Sunday, we are going to buy components and DIY : )) Hopefully wont bomb haha

welcome to t-blog, i like your idea of marking the floor area with masking tape, will try that for my own place when the time comes good.gif i also like your tap especially since it is matt, can you share where you got it from and what brand it is? cannot see clearly from the photo :)