Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
DKWM

Tv Selection

I'm planning to get Sony bravia NX720 http://www.sony.com.sg/productcategory/tvp-lcd-nx720-series#TVP+LCD+NX720+Series. Will it be too big to get a 55" for 3-3.5M viewing distance since they only have 46" and 55"?

iMHO, personally with your viewing distance, I would get a 60". I bought a 55", my viewing distance only 2.5m. Dun worry about too big, u will get used to it in no time. Ever complain cinema screen too big? Haha juz joking :sport-smiley-004:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

iMHO, personally with your viewing distance, I would get a 60". I bought a 55", my viewing distance only 2.5m. Dun worry about too big, u will get used to it in no time. Ever complain cinema screen too big? Haha juz joking :sport-smiley-004:

thx. just worry it will be too big for my small living room.

Comex 2011 is here....but please do your homework before any buying any stuff.

IMO best is to note down the numbers of all the neighbourhood shops, call and ask for the price of the model of the tv....compare the free gifts....and then decide which is a better package overall.

do take note also of details like installation, delivery etc. some deals at trade shows...u pay full price...but they tell u delivery full until a certain date etc etc.

another thing to take note is GST

ONLY GST-registered companies can charge GST

At ANY PLACE, GST-registered companies MUST display PRICES with GST. that means, price display $599 means $599. no such thing as add 7% when u reach the cashier....whatsoever. IF you meet a shop/vendor telling u their display price is not inclusive of GST, KINDLY PM ME.

If you get charged GST, the GST registration MUST be shown on the invoice or receipt. IF NO GST REGISTRATION NUMBER, KINDLY PM ME AGAIN!

For avoidance of any doubts, this is extracted from IRAS website

gstjx.jpg

You can check GST registration via this link here

http://www.iras.gov.sg/irasHome/page.aspx?id=2152#Online_service

Edited by Simontsh

Comex 2011 is here....but please do your homework before any buying any stuff.

IMO best is to note down the numbers of all the neighbourhood shops, call and ask for the price of the model of the tv....compare the free gifts....and then decide which is a better package overall.

do take note also of details like installation, delivery etc. some deals at trade shows...u pay full price...but they tell u delivery full until a certain date etc etc.

another thing to take note is GST

ONLY GST-registered companies can charge GST

At ANY PLACE, GST-registered companies MUST display PRICES with GST. that means, price display $599 means $599. no such thing as add 7% when u reach the cashier....whatsoever. IF you meet a shop/vendor telling u their display price is not inclusive of GST, KINDLY PM ME.

If you get charged GST, the GST registration MUST be shown on the invoice or receipt. IF NO GST REGISTRATION NUMBER, KINDLY PM ME AGAIN!

For avoidance of any doubts, this is extracted from IRAS website

gstjx.jpg

You can check GST registration via this link here

http://www.iras.gov.sg/irasHome/page.aspx?id=2152#Online_service

This info is really useful. thank u so much

I'm planning to get Sony bravia NX720 http://www.sony.com.sg/productcategory/tvp-lcd-nx720-series#TVP+LCD+NX720+Series. Will it be too big to get a 55" for 3-3.5M viewing distance since they only have 46" and 55"?

Hey bro, I am planning to get this model too. Considering 55" model...have check out a few shops and have a rough idea price. Initially was thinking of getting 46" but as you know...once you are used to it...no one will complain that it is too big. My viewing distance is about 2.5m.

When will you be getting it? Maybe we can buy together and request for a bigger discount.

Drop me a mail if you are interested.

warlock8187@gmail.com

Hey bro, I am planning to get this model too. Considering 55" model...have check out a few shops and have a rough idea price. Initially was thinking of getting 46" but as you know...once you are used to it...no one will complain that it is too big. My viewing distance is about 2.5m.

When will you be getting it? Maybe we can buy together and request for a bigger discount.

warlock8187@gmail.com

Whats the price nowadays?

Anyone using Sharp Quattron LCD TV (model: LC46LE820M)? Care to give reviews? Thanks.

Hi Alv, I'm using LC40LE820X which came with digital tuner and i did not use it as i watch my SD/HD channel via starhub box. I really like the image project on the screen as the screen is gloss surface which my friend also like it, but the con is you cannot face windows or the reflection will cause you unable to watch the TV clearly. Any other function i did not bother to try out as i use it to watch cable TV programme and movies which i connect my pc to it. Also be warn that the sharp panel only come in 1 year warranty and the rest of the parts 3 years warranty which i find is totally BS. :rolleyes:

Edited by aegis

warlock8187@gmail.com

Sure. But i will only buy towards end of the year i thin coz my reno just started and will only move in after Nov so hope the price will drop further or maybe year end Christmas sale :D

I bought Samsung 40" LED smart TV from comex for my living room on last fri.. Cost $1199 the 5500 series 2 yrs warranty, free 7" shinco tablet, hdmi cable, wireless LAN adaptor although I don know what thats for.. Haha..

Hi Alv, I'm using LC40LE820X which came with digital tuner and i did not use it as i watch my SD/HD channel via starhub box. I really like the image project on the screen as the screen is gloss surface which my friend also like it, but the con is you cannot face windows or the reflection will cause you unable to watch the TV clearly. Any other function i did not bother to try out as i use it to watch cable TV programme and movies which i connect my pc to it. Also be warn that the sharp panel only come in 1 year warranty and the rest of the parts 3 years warranty which i find is totally BS. :rolleyes:

Hi Aegis,

Thanks for the review. I've decided to take the risk and bought the TV mentioned in my previous post because the colours are brilliant. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed once it get pass the 1-year warranty period.

Hi Aegis,

Thanks for the review. I've decided to take the risk and bought the TV mentioned in my previous post because the colours are brilliant. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed once it get pass the 1-year warranty period.

Agreed with you on the brilliant color display which is why i decided to go for it but i did not know about the 1 year warranty on panel thingy. :rolleyes: Since i brought it i will just enjoy it lor. :yamseng:

Hi,

Looking to buy Samsung 46" 3D LED Smart TV 7000 series. Anyone has any reviews on this TV? and where can i buy at a cheaper price? Thanks in advance...

Regards