Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
danard

What Brand Of Power Drill/Screwdriver Is Good?

hi guys,

i wanna buy one that can drill through concrete walls...

any recommendations? can pls provide brand and model number so i can easily get from home fix or buy and fix or any hardware stores?

thanks in advance :thumbs up:

u'll need a rotary hammer of at least 500w. any brand like hilti/dewalt/bosch works.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

thanks!

Buy any brand but pl pl do not buy China brands, because very soon you will have to

Please Return to China

Their QC is about the worse in the world. It would be false economy to buy cheap equipment from China, especially Chinese brands

Buy any brand but pl pl do not buy China brands, because very soon you will have to

Please Return to China

Their QC is about the worse in the world. It would be false economy to buy cheap equipment from China, especially Chinese brands

thanks i got a bosch...

very handy... been drilling holes around the house... :sport-smiley-004:

I have a Bosch drill(2-18), came with 8MM SDS drill bit which are too big for my usage. Does anyone know where to get smaller SDS drill bits? I understand they're not available at all stores.

I have a Bosch drill(2-18), came with 8MM SDS drill bit which are too big for my usage. Does anyone know where to get smaller SDS drill bits? I understand they're not available at all stores.

What is SDS?

I'm using Black & Decker at home, been serving me well for the past 15 years, all my drill bits bought from neighborhood hardware shop.

SDS drill bits can be bought from those CONTRACTOR hardware store. It's normally those type that sell everything needed for reno.... not those neighbourhood hardware store.

How small u need? for the red plug, it's the 5.5mm and green is 6.

What is SDS?

I'm using Black & Decker at home, been serving me well for the past 15 years, all my drill bits bought from neighborhood hardware shop.

a much better system of drill bit that doesn't require a chuck to tighten / remove.

like said earlier. old hdb walls (w/o aircon ledge and pre 95 i guess)..normally soft and easier...hammer drill black and decker should work...

What is SDS?

SDS stands for (German word) "Steck – Dreh – Sitz", meaning Insert – Twist – Stay.

Developed by Bosch.

Drill bit with SDS shank is spring-loaded into chuck. Drill bit can move or slide back and forth, good for hammering effect, too bad, bit diameter come with 5mm to 30mm, no smaller or bigger than this range.