Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
AXO_vampire

Beware Of Singreno Aka Blackwhite.Sg

I think you must be very angry with him. The way you put your words are so nasty, both of you must have lots of problems during the Reno .I may be new but I have been reading this forum before we get our reno done. Joel was recomented by my friend. They too got their flats done up by Joel. I just want to tell the world that , listen to stories from both party and not just what you put up is true . I m not related to him in anyway. I just find that it is not fair to give nasty comment if you have problem with him . Everybody will face problem with the designer or contractit

Not that i'm nasty or what... But what I stated is true. They are too many 1-posters in this forum. If you never post anything before then suddenly state something like that... pple will also be abit apprehensive. If you got a T-Blog, post up photos, or ask other general qns, basically to make pple believe you are a genuine forummer and not just some ID or contractor registering a new nick to say something bad, or say something good about someone.

Btw, I didn't use Singreno's services, so i don't have anything against or for the company. I'm just stating facts.

You should open a T-blog and post photos of how your house is now.

No hard feelings bro... :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

No problem, just find that words used are rather nasty. Just put youslf in the Joel position how would you feel. Nobody like to be treated this way. And I have worked with Joel during my Reno , just becos he is decent person so deserved to be treated with nasty words ? If you ever encounter somebody who are more nasty than you will know who is better. Again I m not related to him at all. Just find that he is being bully. Handller things fairly. Thanks.

Dear All, Pardon me for cracking a joke in this serious thread :bow:

i personally think one as a contractor should not ignored

phone calls from its house owner unless the house owner has gone abit too far,

should not a house owner has avoid the contractor's phone calls too unless the contractor

has messed up its house project far fairly..

clearly, this contractor did not stand up for himself to explain or contact the owner in person to resolve the issue ever since this thread posted a few days ago.

Hoped the owner move on and find his way out, we do faced bad experience sometimes anyway zz

Hi Joel,

I saw your post on your explanation just now but not sure why it was taken out? :unsure: U do explained yourself quite well and at least let others understand the both sides of the whole issues rather than pinned all to your faults. :yamseng:

Dear all who are reading this and the owner Billy,

Disgruntled and upset, we believe it is only right that we clarify this defaming post which we were only notified of today.

We are sorry to hear that Billy is so unsatisfied with us that he needs to put up this post and especially the suggestive title, which has badly damaged our reputation.

And unfortunately, we are not GG321 and is neither in any way related to him/her. To GG321, thank you very very much for your trust, support and good words. We are sorry that you have to bear the suspicions. Seriously arowana, we are not little kid who ‘pretends’ to be someone else just to get ourselves into good books. And if you want to check out the IP address or anything else, please do.

Thanks to those who waited for our reply, to be fair to us, and to listen to both sides of the story.

Firstly, in Billy’s case, it was never meant to be an easy resolvable situation. We are not the sole contractor, we were only one of the contractors engaged by Billy, and there were a total of 4 groups of contractors for his renovation. Because of this, we had initially not wanted to take up this project but Billy’s wife wanted us to proceed with the chosen renovation items. No, the renovation was not delayed for months and it could not have been. We were only in charge of the kitchen cabinets, a platform in master bedroom, grilles and some glass works. The first contractor was given time to do up the flooring and kitchen cabinet base before we could proceed with the measurements for the kitchen cabinets. The cabinets were done up within 2 weeks and there were no signs of rusty hinges and dish rack. The kitchen cabinet were not done wrongly either. They were done after 3D drawings were confirmed. We had done up 2 medium drawers and a large drawer. Billy then complained the drawer being too big for a cutlery tray so we compromised and gave him a discount of $100.

To clarify on the rusty hinges, we provided Billy’s kitchen cabinets with BLUM hinges with soft closing. They turned rusty only after another contractor did an acid wash of the unit and had not taken proper care during the cleaning process. By working in the Aerospace industry, Billy should know this basic principle that acid corrodes metal. And the sink problem? Our plumber only installed the sink and connected the PVC outlet pipes. If the floor trap has choked, Billy should be looking for the contractor who constructed the cabinet’s base.

Sorry, but Billy is not as polite and nice as he claimed he is. Just like his posts, he is short tempered, swears and once bangs on table while talking to us. Our carpenter was intimidated by that. We have to admit that our carpenter was very reluctant to help him proceed with the rectification works. The defect works which were resulted from our renovation was eventually rectified and these that Billy has mentioned above were ‘additional defects’ after our works had been completed.

Handling a fussy and demanding owner has never been difficult with this exception. After our works were completed, Billy claimed the parquet flooring had scratches and was dented but we had our protection sheets on during the carpentry work. He demanded that we varnish the parquet but we held our stand as he engaged so many different groups of contractors who were moving in and out of the house concurrently, and so we could not be held responsible for all the defects. The parquet was ultimately rectified by the first contractor.

Billy had also engaged a separate carpenter for his TV console. The TV console was installed and later deemed unsatisfactory by Billy and was rejected and removed. The TV console was unpaid for.

These accusations by the owner are really unfair to us. Please understand our situation that we cannot possibly accede and rectify every single issue mentioned here. There were simply too many contractors involved and these issues did not exist immediately after we completed our works but is now deemed as bad workmanship and quality provided. Out of goodwill, we arranged with Billy’s wife to help them resolve the problems. But shockingly as Billy’s wife called up to arrange for the rectification works to be done this coming Thursday, her husband was posting these ridiculous and untrue comments against our company here at the same time. We were simply caught off guard and believe that in such a situation, it is regrettable that we will not be rectifying the problems stated anymore as we will be acknowledging the cause of these ‘defects’ and will appear to be carrying the works because we are afraid of the comments made by Billy. And Billy will neither be a satisfied and grateful owner even if we have extended our services further.

The problems were difficult to resolve for Billy because of the numerous contractors engaged. To avoid such difficulties, we hope owners try to stick to minimal contractor(s). And frankly, these are just minor issues in renovation that were blown up by Billy. We have always maintained good relationships with our customers, but unfortunately this time we are unable to. If Billy could have been nice and not resorted to such postings, we are sure there is room for negotiation.

We are not shirking any responsibility here but we certainly do have to reclaim our reputation that we have built over the years. Also, we hope customers be fair and square to all renovators. It may not always be the renovators’ fault that things turn sour and we do wish that you pass a fair judgement on us. Thanks to those who have waited to listen to our side of the story.

We are taking this defaming matter seriously as it will tarnish our reputation. We have contacted the forum’s moderator who will monitor the thread and act accordingly.

infos for everyone...

Be very aware of Singreno, user nick blackwhite.sg.

this guy's name is Joel, driving a Volvo..

had my reno done by him and he promised to resolve them, but no actions done..

delayed for months and called him up numerous times... no answer at all...

he have the freaking time to log into renotalk but doesnt dare to answer any phone call from me..

lots of lies from this chap..

got my wife to call him and he did not answer... then i called and emailed him.... when he replied call, he said he just spoke to my wife..

come on lah, i am with my wife and i just dont wana tear your face.

told him one month ago that i am having my housewarming on 9th july. he promised to resolve all those defects mentioned to him, but in the end hide like a kiddo..!!!

Kitchen

rusty dishrack,

water flowing out from kitchen's sink's base when pouring water into the sink,

built a normal sized drawer for kitchen cabinet (but placed a shallow rack for utensils (wastage of lots of space),

cabinet's hinge turned rusty and lots of sound,

Bedroom

hollow platform (cracked),

window grill (open-in type) hit against window grill (hit onto the fixed grill)

Toilet

rusty hinge (installed within a month's time)

toilet's glass door's hinge got problem (sound when opening and closing; not rusty sound, its "tak-tak sound")

Thanks for the encouragement Lovely! Wrote the post rashly earlier on and I felt there were things which i needed to clarify further so i reposted.

Hi Joel,

I saw your post on your explanation just now but not sure why it was taken out? :unsure: U do explained yourself quite well and at least let others understand the both sides of the whole issues rather than pinned all to your faults. :yamseng:

see what i meant, I always believe that talk nicely and correct attitude will solve all problems.

Now we heard from both party we know what is actually happening. You paid what you get.Sometime in order to save cost, at the end

you might not get what you want.

The contractor explained his part quite in detail, i am buying it :good:

GG321, How i respect you to stand up for others, my hats off for you :good:

My friend shall you put up a fair statement so that the RT readers not head into confusion :curse:

GG321 - i swear with my life that those defects are not done and tons of lies were told..

i had already moved in for 2 months but the ramaining defects are not done.. waited and waited but there is nothing done by him.. he is the contractor and he asked my wife to contact his sub-contractor ourself (window grill), instead of arranging an appointment for us... why do we still pay him for his service?

yes , he is very chatty and nice initially, but after all payments done.. draggy ...

all along i had been asking when will his reno be completed... even only left with a customised bedhead, he also told me he doesnt know ... so??? i should know myself or i should build the bedhead myself?? he said he is waiting for me to choose the design or colour... then why cant he let me choose them before or when the reno start? why must he delay till the rest of the things are done, only then he ask me to choose??

- nasty comments?? come on lah, if he did not M.I.A, i will not share my stories with everyone here.. all along i had been tolerating and didnt wana post in this forum. i know that this will tarnish his reputation, but i am not a contractor or "competitor", why shld i do so if he did not do me any wrong.. ask him urself, how many times me and my wife called him already.. how many times is he late for our appointment or did not even turn up...

i decided to post it here for everyone because i told him clearly that i am having my housewarming last saturday and need all defects to be done. the duration i informed him was 2 weeks before... 1st week.... he said he cant find his contractor... 2nd week, i cannot find him !!!

call also no answer !! u r asking me to tok to myself or u?

if u feel that he is being bullied.. what abt me ??? i have to hold my housewarming and have to withstand all those defects, which i had already moved in for 2 months.. whatever he said to me doesnt really stands true..

why dont u put urself in my shoes if u ever face such situation with contractors like mine

arowana - well said.... this is wat somebody will do to "praise" someone else, especially true when it happens so many times in this forum..

- cant help.. i dont intend to pay fully... my wife was ignorant and thought that he was a nice guy so she made the full payment to him..

Joel - this is in reply to ur post...

Dear all who are reading this and the owner Billy,

Disgruntled and upset, we believe it is only right that we clarify this defaming post which we were only notified of today.

We are sorry to hear that Billy is so unsatisfied with us that he needs to put up this post and especially the suggestive title, which has badly damaged our reputation.

And unfortunately, we are not GG321 and is neither in any way related to him/her. To GG321, thank you very very much for your trust, support and good words. We are sorry that you have to bear the suspicions. Seriously arowana, we are not little kid who ‘pretends’ to be someone else just to get ourselves into good books. And if you want to check out the IP address or anything else, please do. u r right, just someone who play hide-and-seekThanks to those who waited for our reply, to be fair to us, and to listen to both sides of the story.

Firstly, in Billy’s case, it was never meant to be an easy resolvable situation. which are the "hard-to-resolve issues"? We are not the sole contractor, we were only one of the contractors engaged by Billy, and there were a total of 4 groups of contractors for his renovation. 4? did u see 4 contractors doing the jobs or sub contractors like whom u engaged. eg. shower screen, kitchen cabinets, window grills? or did u see 4 contractors when we arrange an appointment for a quotation. who doesnt get quotes from several contractors? i can be frank, i have 2 contractors which include u... Because of this, we had initially not wanted to take up this project but Billy’s wife wanted us to proceed with the chosen renovation items. my wife chose u to do part of the reno as she had initially asked if u r ok to proceed with only certain items... and u replied with positive response. dont push to my wife as if she forced u to take up the works.

No, the renovation was not delayed for months and it could not have been. We were only in charge of the kitchen cabinets, a platform in master bedroom, grilles and some glass works. yes, ur guys are only doing up kitchen cabinets, a platform in master bedroom, grilles and some glass works. did i mention in my post that all these things are those that are facing the defects?? or did i mention some other stuffs which are not done by ur guys??

The first contractor was given time to do up the flooring and kitchen cabinet base ur quote for cabinet base is above any quotes we got from other contractors, and u explained that its because our flooring is not done by ur company, thus the price is higher, so u recommend us to get the guy who is doing the flooring to do the cabinet base as well. (initially we intend to let u do everything in the kitchen, but since ur price is higher and ur recommendation that it is cheaper to get the flooring guy to do the cabinet base, so we proceed. otherwise did u see anythings that u r request to do being intercept by others?) dont explain like we r ppl who cant tink and will "rojak" ppl around. before we could proceed with the measurements for the kitchen cabinets. The cabinets were done up within 2 weeks and there were no signs of rusty hinges and dish rack. no signs of rust is because the items were new, but doesnt mean the materials for the items u provide is good.. turning rusty means that oxidation occurs. which i dont think will happen on stainless steel... i mentioned to u abt the drawer for cutlery, u accepted to change, but u told my wife u refund some money and ask us not to change (for this decision, u did not tok to me directly, and u have to go through my wife because u know my wife will accept any reasons being given).. my wife said just let it be since we seldom use it, so i let it go. The kitchen cabinet were not done wrongly either. They were done after 3D drawings were confirmed. yes, 3D drawings were done, but they are different from whatever is built.. u mentioned that there might be difference , but i never expect the difference to be vast.

We had done up 2 medium drawers and a large drawer. Billy then complained the drawer being too big for a cutlery tray so we compromised and gave him a discount of $100. as mentioned, u promised to change, after u went back, u called up my wife and request us not to change, and in exchange for that, u will refund us a minimal amount. we did not initialise the refund.

To clarify on the rusty hinges, we provided Billy’s kitchen cabinets with BLUM hinges with soft closing. They turned rusty only after another contractor did an acid wash who mentioned that i had an acid wash for my unit? i didnt know u or my other contractor provide free service of which my and my wife doesnt even know of of the unit and had not taken proper care during the cleaning process. By working in the Aerospace industry, Billy should know this basic principle that acid corrodes metal. And the sink problem? Our plumber only installed the sink and connected the PVC outlet pipes. as for the choked sink, do u remember me telling u that the "hole" below the sink is waiting for roaches to visit? ur guys did nothing when they came, and i was the one who applied rtv to the piping which was done by ur guys to cover up the hole... imagine how dirty those drainage are and they are not covered at all.. 2 fingers can even go in... so what can u expect from that drainage?? If the floor trap has choked, Billy should be looking for the contractor who constructed the cabinet’s base.

Sorry, but Billy is not as polite i am impolite only to ppl i dont even need to respect!! u r speaking very nicely here, but ur attitude differs. and nice as he claimed he is. Just like his posts, he is short tempered someone teach me how to see that a person is short-tempered by my post. , swears and once bangs on table while talking to us. did i bang the table or did i raise my voice? dont say that i shout, because if i wana shout at that time, it will definately be even louder. Our carpenter was intimidated by that. know why? after explaining and he doesnt understand what i am saying, so i asked a simple question that even my 2 year old girl can understand.. "is the hinge which was installed slanted?" he replied me with a "no". even my wife who doesnt know anything technical terms can see that the hinge is slanted, i dont see why he, as a contractor cant see it. dont tell a lie which is too obvious to see We have to admit that our carpenter was very reluctant to help him proceed with the rectification works. The defect works which were resulted from our renovation was eventually rectified i dont see anything resolve, or else i wont post in this thread about kitchen cabinets having defects. and these that Billy has mentioned above were ‘additional defects’ after our works had been completed. what i mentioned are defects after rectification? are u sure? do u mean that those rectifications are not done properly or outstanding?? for window grill, nothing was resolve after initial installation.. yes, the guy came up twice.. 1st time he came, u r late and he said that all windows grills which "open out/in" will have the tilted effect due to the weight. after he left, u came.. u went up to my hse and u say that the grill can be "tighten". we called him again... he say he will come when he passby the area, which took 2 weeks. when he came, he said that it cannot be tighten and there is no way to tighten. so he fixed a plastic plate on the fixed grill to support the "open in/out" grill. however the hitting on the fixed grill from the movable one wasnt solve. the initial issue is when i am closing the movable grill, not when the grill is close..

Handling a fussy and demanding owner has never been difficult with this exception. same for us, handling a contractor or calling someone has never been so difficult. After our works were completed, Billy claimed the parquet flooring had scratches and was dented but we had our protection sheets on during the carpentry work. come on lah, i am there for the whole week when e guy is doing work, i know when is protection done and when is not. my wife is there to clean up the house herself instead of being done by those who do work on that day and she noticed those dents when ur guy left.. yes, protection sheet is provided. but initial moving of the those platform, there is already a deep scratch in the bedroom when nobody had started work beside flooring. u shld know how well i can observe things, if there is any damage, i am sure to notice, if its not u, i wont even bother to ask u.. and those scracthes are there when they carried those platform into the house. moreover, u r never there when the guy is doing the carpentry work, not once... or shld i say, yes u r here... during his lunch time... so when u r around, he is not working... so how do u know of his works?? u wana take a look at how many holes are there in the kitchen cabinets? i mean holes which the hinge had been wrongly installed and removed... He demanded that we varnish the parquet but we held our stand as he engaged so many different groups of contractors who were moving in and out of the house concurrently, as mentioned, my wife went up to the house to clean up everyday, so she knows who does what.. u held ur stand, yes correct, because after we know ur style, we dont wish talk much with u, so i told my wife to forget abt asking u. thus we asked the 1st contractor who is varnishing the parquet in another room to do it for us, and the contractor offered to do it for free... the 1st contractor is varnishing the other room as their guys broke my parquet while hacking off the floor tiles. and so we could not be held responsible for all the defects. The parquet was ultimately rectified by the first contractor.

Billy had also engaged a separate carpenter for his TV console. The TV console was installed and later deemed unsatisfactory by Billy and was rejected and removed. wao, so amazing that u can see an invisible tv console which i never knew existed.. i didnt know that there was a tv console which was fixed up and removed. wana tell lie, go elsewhere... yes, we quote u for tv console before, but since ur price is skyhigh and we decided to get something else, we did not even engage anyone to do up any single customised tv consoie... in this point, u r realli realli wrong.. The TV console was unpaid for.

These accusations by the owner are really unfair to us. Please understand our situation that we cannot possibly accede and rectify every single issue mentioned here. rusty dishrack cannot be rectified? sounds from hinge cannot be rectified?installation of small piping to hdb's original piping size differs alot and nothing was done to cover up also cannot rectify?platform crack as u explained to me in e past was that the laminate was not pasted properly on the interior, hence cracks easily, this one also cannot rectify? come on lah, if u wana save money, just admit lah... previously ask u to do a bedhead, even those crystals or plastics which u mentioned cost few bucks each, u also wana calculate into the total amount...asked u when can finish also dont even have a single idea... fed up with ur lousy attitude, thats why i got my wife to tell u not to do... There were simply too many contractors involved and these issues did not exist immediately after we completed our works but is now deemed as bad workmanship kitchen cabinet doors fixed slanted had been mentioned to u since the day after the guy install, but i still see them the same way as of now. everyday.... so did u realli rectify?? bull**** !! and quality provided. Out of goodwill, we arranged with Billy’s wife to help them resolve the problems. out of good will? u r paid for those things and those items u provide are of lousy quality.. dont push around the issue. But shockingly as Billy’s wife called up to arrange for the rectification works to be done this coming Thursday, her husband was posting these ridiculous and untrue comments against our company here at the same time. come on lah, my message to everyone started when we couldnt contact u. not when u call my wife... somemore its my wife whom called u up, instead of u giving her a call. we are in a rush to complete all defects which u also promised to, in the end, u went for vacation.. phone rang and u dont even wana answer... i had checked ur log in details and u had logged into renotalk on both days which we called u with no answers. i also sent emails to u and there isnt any reply from u. calling u is like loan shark chasing for money, and u r the debtor running away from calls. We were simply caught off guard and believe that in such a situation, it is regrettable that we will not be rectifying the problems stated anymore u have never intended to resolve those defects, ur character is someone whom will drag and delay whenever u can. i have seen too many cases like u..reason being, u had already collected ur full amount, and works are done. defects means addtional cost to u and as for u, someone who will even wana calculate few bucks for bedhead's "crystal", u already gave the impression of "runner". as we will be acknowledging the cause of these ‘defects’ and will appear to be carrying the works because we are afraid of the comments made by Billy. everyone will know that u r one that promises and broke promises.. whatever u said are not to be believed or heard. everytime my wife told me that u r coming, i will simply tell her, let me know only when he appear in front of u. and indeed, at least 5 times of appointment had been cancelled. And Billy will neither be a satisfied and grateful owner even if we have extended our services further. extended service? where do i see them? where can i find them? instead u shld be grateful that i cover up the kitchen sink's piping myself, buying hinges to replace myself. i know how u bought ur volvo. charging every single dollars. show me examples of extended service if u ever had.

The problems were difficult to resolve for Billy because of the numerous contractors engaged. To avoid such difficulties, we hope owners try to stick to minimal contractor(s). And frankly, these are just minor issues in renovation that were blown up by Billy. yes, indeed they are minors and they have been dragged on for months. imagine everyone.. i had moved in for 2 months and the defects' are still there. MODERATORS- if u r reading this, u can kindly check my mailbox on someone asking me for feedback on Singreno, i had already mentioned about those defects to that person whom had asked me on comments on this company. from the date sent, i believe U-moderators can be a judge of how long the defects had been delayed. We have always maintained good relationships with our customers, but unfortunately this time we are unable to. If Billy could have been nice and not resorted to such postings, we are sure there is room for negotiation. dont tok about negotiation, dont tok like u r giving me chances. as mentioned in my 1st post, i am here to share my lousy experience with Joel of Singreno.

We are not shirking any responsibility here but we certainly do have to reclaim our reputation that we have built over the years. Also, we hope customers be fair and square to all renovators. It may not always be the renovators’ fault that things turn sour and we do wish that you pass a fair judgement on us. Thanks to those who have waited to listen to our side of the story.

We are taking this defaming matter seriously as it will tarnish our reputation. We have contacted the forum’s moderator who will monitor the thread and act accordingly.

joel informed my wife that i had posted comments in this forum, which my wife doesnt know of the details. definately my wife is still unaware of the situation, and she asked him so are u still coming up to solve the defects? Joel's reply to her is, i will arrange another timing... she called several hours later and response from Joel this time round is, i am not going up anymore..

since Joel knew of this post when my wife called up initially, why did he response to arrange another appointment?

i am still busy with some other things, and i will try to take some pix and show everyone of those problems... and u guyz be the judge..

i know that i am taking a little long to reply and i am not hiding.. i have to work, school, and take care of my family...

I guess lessons can be drawn from this billy the vampire vs volvo joel chapter.

Volvo Joel has defended against the accusations pretty well, and Billy the vampire should really move on with his work, schooling, and family-care.

Edited by symphony

If a project is engaged with too many contractors , which contractor will take care of your things. If only one is involve than situition will be different . They can't push away their problems. Cos they are the only party who did not do a proper job.

If a project is engaged with too many contractors , which contractor will take care of your things. If only one is involve than situition will be different . They can't push away their problems. Cos they are the only party who did not do a proper job.

this is only true if that one contractor is responsible. We have seen and read about contractors not fufilling their obligations as well.

If u suay suay get a lousy contractor, he will push all his problems to u back. So its not true that with one contractor, it gives a peace of mind.

this is only true if that one contractor is responsible. We have seen and read about contractors not fufilling their obligations as well.

If u suay suay get a lousy contractor, he will push all his problems to u back. So its not true that with one contractor, it gives a peace of mind.

At least u know who to answer for when there are defects instead of sub-con a push to sub-con B, then to sub-con C and so on... Tot there always a saying, u pay peanut, u get monkey. :yamseng: Don't expect that cheap will give u good workmanship or quality of material, etc..

Edited by Lovely

At least u know who to answer for when there are defects instead of sub-con a push to sub-con B, then to sub-con C and so on... Tot there always a saying, u pay peanut, u get monkey. :yamseng: Don't expect that cheap will give u good workmanship or quality of material, etc..

when u pay alot of peanuts, u get a gorilla.

who to answer --> the one who spoilt it.

who spoilt it? Owner must be there to supervise.

If owner did not supervise? LL suck thumb loh.

when u pay alot of peanuts, u get a gorilla.

who to answer --> the one who spoilt it.

who spoilt it? Owner must be there to supervise.

If owner did not supervise? LL suck thumb loh.

I totally agreed.