Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Renmapiao

The Story Of A Home - Our Em @ Woodlands

I like your the EM units in woodlands..... They r still pretty new, just over 10yrs, not like mine 25 years. I also viewed a few units there and almost wanted to get one from a friend but because it is far from my workplace and kids' sch. At least your current condition look excellent, so you need not spend too much on reno. All the best and have a smooth reno.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Congrats on getting your EM. Am always envious of corner EMs.

The condition does look good. And with roller shutters too. That's easily 3K savings alone. Hope you have a smooth reno.

Btw what do you mean by very close to immediate neighbour? You mean the next block?

Thanks Adidaem, your t-blog chat was the first one I follow the moment we sign the option to buy the house. We were lucky to get this unit. EMs are so rare nowadays, we had to really bid for this one.

For your question, our immediate neighbour is just two windows away.

Heyo

$3090 for 12kbtu + 9kbtu X 2. 12kbtu is for the bigger room. You can ask your aircon guys for advice on the required btu to cool your room.

Remember to ask for

- 1/2 inch Armaflex class "1" insulation

- G22 copper pipe

- free 2 trips installation

These are often add-on costs if you go to places like Gain City. So don't believe the advertised prices.. you may end up paying up to $300 more for the above.

And cost of stainless steel tray if you need it. Usually costs about $100-120?

This is great advice - I will put this in my reno-log : )

I like your the EM units in woodlands..... They r still pretty new, just over 10yrs, not like mine 25 years. I also viewed a few units there and almost wanted to get one from a friend but because it is far from my workplace and kids' sch. At least your current condition look excellent, so you need not spend too much on reno. All the best and have a smooth reno.

Thank you potatoes - my unit is 16 years old - and mostly, reno work will focus on the 1st level

Edited by Renmapiao

Thanks Adidaem, your t-blog chat was the first one I follow the moment we sign the option to buy the house. We were lucky to get this unit. EMs are so rare nowadays, we had to really bid for this one.

Thanks for following my blog. :)

Yeah, corner EMs... sigh... think if I get a corner I won't move for a reallllllly long time. :P

Btw my open concept living/kitchen is 20K BTU I think... plus another 17K for the dining so that L1 will be cool enough during parties. Rooms are 12K for MBR, 8.5K each for study, BR2 & LEGO room.

Looks really lovely! And a corner EM is so special! :thumbs up:

I know what you mean about having to really bid for them... My hubby and I had our eye on 2 lovely ground-floor EMs (one in Hougang and the other in Bedok South) but we had to drop out of the race when the COVs began to climb above $70K! In fact, I heard that the Hougang one finally sold at $95K above valuation, while the Bedok South one is still not sold as the owner started getting greedy and now wants a COV of at least $120K! Sigh...

eehhh, I'm late.... but still want to say "Corner EM are really rare" :sport-smiley-004:

Nice layout, congrats on owning a rare unit and wish u a fun and smooth reno journey :)

Thanks for following my blog. :)

Yeah, corner EMs... sigh... think if I get a corner I won't move for a reallllllly long time. :P

Btw my open concept living/kitchen is 20K BTU I think... plus another 17K for the dining so that L1 will be cool enough during parties. Rooms are 12K for MBR, 8.5K each for study, BR2 & LEGO room.

Looking forward to see your LEGO room

Looks really lovely! And a corner EM is so special! :thumbs up:

I know what you mean about having to really bid for them... My hubby and I had our eye on 2 lovely ground-floor EMs (one in Hougang and the other in Bedok South) but we had to drop out of the race when the COVs began to climb above $70K! In fact, I heard that the Hougang one finally sold at $95K above valuation, while the Bedok South one is still not sold as the owner started getting greedy and now wants a COV of at least $120K! Sigh...

$120K??? - Wow! That's sheer madness. I wish them luck lah - if ever there's anyone bold enough to pay that kind of money. Makes me cherish my unit more ...

Looking forward to see your LEGO room

It's gonna be quite bare from a reno perspective. No false ceiling, just a ceiling fan, track lights and a few metal shelves that I already have. Might turn out looking like a LEGO store. :P Of course if you are interested in LEGO, then it's an AFOL's (Adult Fan of LEGO) dream room I think. :yamseng:

$120K??? - Wow! That's sheer madness. I wish them luck lah - if ever there's anyone bold enough to pay that kind of money. Makes me cherish my unit more ...

Ya boy... $120K is crazy money... some more have to renovate fairly extensively... that's easily $250K in cold hard cash for the 5%, COV, stamp duty & other fees and reno...

Yes do cherish your corner EM. I really covet my neighbours' ones. :rolleyes:

Bro, 8|8| .... never update t-blog :P:D

He he - just waiting for 2nd appointment next week. Tomorrow going to Son Bee Huat to choose tiles. Will definitely update once there are things to report.

Btw - I am used to having a big store room - and now that I am going to have a teeny one - I have to think of alternative storage ideas ... sigh.

He he - just waiting for 2nd appointment next week. Tomorrow going to Son Bee Huat to choose tiles. Will definitely update once there are things to report.

Btw - I am used to having a big store room - and now that I am going to have a teeny one - I have to think of alternative storage ideas ... sigh.

Same here, I m also used to having big store area. The area under the stairs is surely not enough for storage of big and bulky stuff. For me I m not converting the 1st level utility to a store. Instead now going to turn part of my living into a store area. I m sure your EM is big enough to covert some space into storage area.

congrats on your corner EM!! Mine is one too! Your unit seems quite well maintained! Mine the same layout as yours. Just that it's all in mirror image!

all the best for your reno!