Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
prody

A&m's Love Nest [Modern Resort]

Hey can you share the name of the shop? Looking for furniture that's of good value. Thanks!

Blooie, I have PM you the name liao. Cheers.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I was also looking at buying the same table initially coz it's really so so beautiful. But we backed out coz after sitting down on the opposite side of each other , we realized the width of the table was too small for us at 700mm. 2 dining plates and there's not really a lot of space to place any plates or steamboat in the middle. There's an alternative to ask them to make a broader/wider top but it comes at an additional cost. We thought long and hard about this and had to make the difficult decision against it. I really love the co our of it, and that amazing bench makes it look so complete! Great choice IMHO.

Hi Boyblunder, hmm... good point. We haven't really thought about the width of the dining table. Will let post out after we have our first meal on it. ;)

We definitely intend to get some green plants to complement our furniture. So far we have not research on which indoor plants are suitable.

For now, some pics on the lighting purchased. We were not particular about brands so most our purchases were made at i-Light @ Jalan Besar. We made two trips and I must say the sales were helpful and patient despite us being fickle-minded.

Foyer

photo2ysz.jpg

Study Room BR2

photo1ro.jpg

iLight was actually willing to spray-coat these to white for no additional cost. After installing the study room's (image: first from the top), I realized it may not be bright enough for daily usage. Probably a table lamp is needed. Oh well...

Guest Room BR3

photo6dn.jpg

No spraying needed for this as it's already in white.

Kitchen

photo7bu.jpg

We bought 2 for dry and wet kitchen. This was choose over another similar model, but with an inner glossy surface. We like to cook and I reckon that oil stains after cooking would be a problem for the glossy surface.

WIW

photohxk.jpg

These are LED spotlights and cost around $120 each. In general, I really prefer them over halogen due to their (1) low energy consumption, (2) longer life span and (3) the lack of heat during long usage. So we bought a track and 3 spotlights.

Downlights

photo5rz.jpg

WTB wanted a rounded model instead of the trendy squarish type. yuan yuan man man. Altogether we have 7 downlights in our LR.

Dining

photo4ii.jpg

Dining area is to use the popular birdcage lamp. However, those who done their homework will know there are few designs/versions in the market. WTB was looking around for one with bird motifs on the cage. Naturally she was ecstatic when we saw this at Eurostar. Unfortunately white version is out of stock and they do not provide spray-coating service. With no choice, we settled for brown one and we bought two cans of spray (DIY!).

MBR

photo3rgy.jpg

This was from sglightings.com.sg. A quick glance, it seems like the white pieces of metal are birds hovering round the lightbulb. We metal rods and pieces are detachable and can be configure differently.

img0402eu.jpg

On a separate occasion, we were strolling at Park Mall and saw this lightbulb holder which WTB really like. I call it "lightbulb holder" bcos it does not qualify as a lamp based on my definition.

Nevertheless, this lighbulb holder cost $200+ :wacko:. WTB wanted them for the toilets, eventually we did not get them :yeah:.

WIW

photohxk.jpg

These are LED spotlights and cost around $120 each. In general, I really prefer them over halogen due to their (1) low energy consumption, (2) longer life span and (3) the lack of heat during long usage. So we bought a track and 3 spotlights.

Good choice! LED tracklights are our favourite too and we intend to have them throughout our living spaces.

BR3

img0386wa.jpg

Cement screeding was laid by town council contractor. Charges was waived for 40mm, however that height is not high enough to level with our living room tiles. Eventually we had to pay around $100+ to increase the level of cement screed.

MBR

img0387sl.jpg

img0388le.jpg

What was left of the original MBR wall.

img0393p.jpg

Our mickey mouse WIW as viewed from BR2 area. MBR on the right. MBR toilet after WIW. In feng shui there's something about door cannot face door, anybody care to enlighten me? Solutions to counter this are appreciated too :rolleyes:.

MBR Toilet

img0395cv.jpg

As viewed from in WIW.

Edited by prody

Living Room

img0391oq.jpg

Main door and foyer on the right. Partition wall was erected as TV wall and for privacy.

img0383u.jpg

False wall to fill the indent wall. Bricks to be laid on this surface. The hacked off area, which previously was position of sliding door, was patched back.

img0392lk.jpg

We designed an L-shaped false ceiling, complete with downlights and covelights.

img0381wi.jpg

Cove lights + feature wall which hides the bomb shelter "hole".

img0384b.jpg

Pic taken from living room towards the bedrooms. Door frame was customized as MBR and BR2 has been combined into one big room.

img0476fm.jpg

Downlight not really up, but the holes are there.

img0480pc.jpg

Concealed optical fibre uPVC conduit, stretching from TV wall to foyer area.

img0477p.jpg

img0479z.jpg

img0478bo.jpg

Line TV Console

imagewaoal.jpg

photoiot.jpg

Aiming to get this TV console. Saw this while walking around Park Mall. Comes in 90, 120 and 180cm length. One of the sleekest and more function console around. Much nicer than Air's IMHO.

This will be a BRICK WALL entry tonight. Those who have followed the forum and home decor magazines are no strangers to the brick wall. And we think it makes an attractive feature wall to our living room.

img0533um.jpg

img0474d.jpg

img0475bn.jpg

img0504zhf.jpg

There was a "slump" in the lower middle portion of the wall if you notice. Contractor says its due to the uneven backing. We thought brick wall should look solid and we got the contractor to rectify. :yeah:

Edited by prody

So here it is...

Another layer of backing to even out the surface for proper laying of the bricks.

img0518bn.jpg

img0519bv.jpg

And this is the final one:

img0532ze.jpg

U probably don't see much diff with the previous one but we thought... why not do it again since we are not happy with the results?! :D

Edited by prody