Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
prody

A&m's Love Nest [Modern Resort]

Our feature wall in the living room is done! We did this to conceal one of the openings of the bomb shelter (we have 2 openings! :wacko: )

Before

img0381wi.jpg

After

img0666oe.jpg

Also for us to leave our keys and other display items here. ;)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hmm.. Solid surface for a busy kitchen..

Make sure you have coasters around to place your hot pots and stuff! Heard many horror stories of discoloration of S/S tops due to heat..

Btw, a big "Hi!" from us also at JW.. Haha..

Big hello to u too neighbour!

We definitely will put coasters everywhere cos dun think any surface is able to withstand high heat.. :)

Its tough deciding which KITCHEN COUNTER TOP to choose when we both like Quartz stone so much. And quartz are usually more expensive than other solid colored top.

We shortlisted Caesarstone and Silestone but narrowed down to Caesearstone because of its design (which matches our dinning table).

caeseartop.jpg

caesearstone.jpg

Hi House is nicely done... My house is currently on the process of laying solid top and i happened to use the same solid top as u... LG S28... Do u mind sharing (PM) the price u got it?? I want to see if my ID quote me too expensive...

Shelly the sales staff who attended to us was really friendly and helpful. :good:

But because the price was kinda steep (about 1k diff to granite) we put them to KIV and went on to search for other cheaper and good top. (Maybe next time ... ;) )

Our contractor recommended us LG top and according to a good friend of ours who used this LG top for 3yrs now, there is no obvious decolouration, whatsoever...

And it comes with a 10 years warranty! :notti:

So we ended up choosing this!

lgtopwhite.jpg

lgtop.jpg

Hopefully it will be durable because we forsee a busy kitchen next time!

Hi House is nicely done... My house is currently on the process of laying solid top and i happened to use the same solid top as u... LG S28... Do u mind sharing (PM) the price u got it?? I want to see if my ID quote me too expensive...

Hi Prody,

I like the concept & simple design of your house.

I believe it will turn out fabulously.

Jon

Thanks Jon. We're keeping our fingers crossed too! :jammin:

By e way, I copied your brick wall idea! :notti: Heh...

I managed to find the tiles from LSH beside Hafary.

Hope you don't mind!

Jon

No worries Jon.

The brick wall feature is commonly found in magazines n other blogs. We adapt from others too! :)

One thing to take note though, make sure the person doing is skilled and experienced. To be honest we're not really satisfied with ours.

So watch out!

Edited by prody

@prody

Congrats on your new house~ wish to see more pictures :)

for your purchased on the TV i can say is very good price

I bought my 26" Samsung LED tv last 8 months cost $800 with no freebies..omg...

I like your kitchen very much...wet $ Dry...

Recently i just bought a house waiting for my 2nd appointment as i have some rough idea on the kitchen portion...

Just wet area without dry (20ft), therefore in order to built another dry kitchen require another 9ft cost probably another 2k?

Anyway looking forward to see you outstanding kitchen design maybe can get some ideas form u :)

Congrats for your new hommie!

Edited by Terencetcw

Hi Terencetcw,

The dry n wet kitchen was born out of the need to separate the oily n smoky area from the clean side. We have a white framed sliding door to do the partitioning function. :)

Secondly we feel a dry area would give the living/dining areas a sense of continuity (the dry kitchen has same floor tiles as living/dining).

Finally the dry kitchen will serves as a place for making coffee n grab a bite before going to work in the morning.

Overall we are satisfied with the effect.

Terencetcw,

Well that's the thing about technology n gadgets. They depreciate faster than you can say "wtf". Ultimately important thing is u r satisfied n happy.

If u r going for engineered quartz, we did ask Caesarstone to quote us on our 14 ft countertop. As mentioned earlier, it was more ex than granite n solid top. PM me if u wanna know the quote

@prody,

Strongly agreed with you on the dry portion "A quick grab to work" :)

I opt out the out initially due to price factor coz i was wondering do i require so many storage space till i browse through Home&Deco with Wet& Dry concept without have top and bottom cabinet from the dry area.

Therefore, i need to think how i want my dry kitchen look like...hmm....

I plan to use Solid Surface (to save cost act..), but saw some ppl recommended LG Top to prevent discolouration..Yeah Prody kindly PM me the additional 14ft of quote. Love to have a glance to gauge whether is it worth of having dry kitchen. :)

Gadget wise, haha YEAH~~ depreciate alot when it comes to quarterly sale..well my 26" LED serve me well....and there will me a major loot for electrical applicants on Dec (Year End Sale)

Have a good day ahead!

Edited by Terencetcw

can't wait for more pics. so far looking so good!

between imho, i thought u got the tv at such a bargain! for me, i had actually set a budget of 3500 for tv + soundsystem + dvd player. looks like i can lower my budget for that now! :sport-smiley-018: :sport-smiley-018:

there will be a gain city expo next weekened, dont know good or not.

Hi Prody,

Just stumbled upon your reno blog and Im impressed! Your hse is progressing well!

Love your choices of furnitures as well =) Btw, is it possible to PM me the price of your dinning table? Thanks

Royal Oak

Sometimes good things can be found when you least expected. Cellini! We were strolling in Park Mall when this dining table caught my fiance's attention.

img0323qj.jpg

img0325ed.jpg

img0327ki.jpg

This is a new line from Cellini. On top of dining table, they have sofa, bedframe, coffee table and TV console made out of Australian Oak (I was told). Two versions of the dining table: Wooden and engineered quartz top. The quartz is really attractive and complements the oak table legs hence we placed our deposit for the table (1.7m) and bench (1.6m). You can say its really a love at first sight. It's surprising I can't find any pic of this table on the net.

Our shoe cabinet is up! WTB is smiling from ear to ear.. :)

imagenmr.jpg

With lights on, the glossy surface appears more obvious (below).

shoecabfinal.jpg

photolp.jpg

Edited by prody