Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
prody

A&m's Love Nest [Modern Resort]

Hello Prody & Dreaming,

Do you have any idea how to solve this future issue?

Imagine u have a nice kitchen...but in long run things tend to be lazy and the kitchen will be like this as below:

Anyways to avoid all these mess or how do u guys plan to counter this kind of problems? :dunno:

I guess the word here would be discipline? Need to be disciplined and conscientious enough to keep on tidying up and ensuring that the area is not messy. I will moving some stuff into my new place this weekend, will have to see how I manage that! LOL.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hello Prody & Dreaming,

Do you have any idea how to solve this future issue?

Imagine u have a nice kitchen...but in long run things tend to be lazy and the kitchen will be like this as below:

Anyways to avoid all these mess or how do u guys plan to counter this kind of problems? :dunno:

Erm usually my mum will keep all those spices and pots in the bottom cabinet. Do less drawers style and u will have more space to hide the big items.

And thanks everyone for the well compliments. :D

Edited by Dreaming

The call of Nature...

Before

img0104ci.jpg

After

mastertoilet5.jpg

mastertoilet2.jpg

mastertoilet1.jpg

mastertoilet.jpg

This is our MBR Toilet. Due to the mickey mouse size of HDB toilets, our contractor told us we are unable to have two basins inside. We searched high and low for a long basin. I decided against a counter top basin due to space constraint. With an undermount basin, the remaining of the countertop can still be used to put toiletries. :good: It's all about function before form.

As for the mirrors, both "side mirrors" can be open to reveal storage rack for toiletries.

Close-up of the vanity laminate. Love it! :D

mastertoilet6.jpg

Moving on to the shower area......

Before

photo2ar.jpg

After

mastertoilet8.jpg

mastertoilet3.jpg

mastertoilet4.jpg

Hafary feature wall tiles, KDK ventilation fan, Hansgrohe shower head and Ikea shower curtain rod. WTB loves the effects of the wall tiles. Mesmerizes her. :wacko:

The initial plan was to install shower screen (sliding door type). After much deliberation, we decide not to put another screen in the already cramp toilet. So we decide to KISS (keep it simple and sweet), shower curtain that's it.

• Like 1

slurppppp~~~ nice nice

Looking every details on what your have hehe

We have the same MBR layout and the same concept (guess everyone is sticking this style~ :P)

Your showerhead is "SOoo" Big!

question pop into my mind now...:)

Anyway to measure the water pressure? Many ppl say lower floor gain higher water pressure~

Your exhaust fan is cut into the toilet window? waaa exp?

Thanks to Errandz for the tips.

Firstly here are some "before" pics.

Balcony

img0096ho.th.jpg

We opt to increase the living room by removing the balcony. The balcony wall blocks out the sunlight and made the dining area dark. As it is a structural wall, PE endorsement was required prior to hacking.

Bedroom 3

img0100df.th.jpg

This bedroom will be an activity cum guest room. Existing windows are brown and do not really match our Modern Resort theme. Therefore we decide to change all of them despite the additional cost!

Main Bedroom

img0103fw.th.jpg

This was taken inside the MBR facing the toilet. The space is for WIW with a partition wall built up to demarcate the area. You will realized from the floor plan that after putting up the false wall, the sleeping area will be very cramp. In order to solve this, wall separating MBR and BR2 will be hack!

Hi Neighbour,

My future husband to be found you in RenoTalk 30 mins ago. And we realised we are actually in the same block, and we are staying 2 level below you. Hehehehe... ... So coincident!!!

We have identical ideas of hacking down balcony and bedroom 2 wall. However, our design concept is modern comtemporary. We decide to start our renovation few months later. Really nice meeting you in Renotalk. It was a Surprised to us.

By the way, do you mind sharing with us whether the balcony wall hacking need PE Endorsement and how much does it cost?

We are doing our budgeting now so would like to list down the renovation costing. Thank you in advance.

In future, we can find achance to meet up. =D

Regards

Vonne

@prody

I notice your switch~ is it from MK? the larger ones on the left (Im looking for those switches comes with soft touch~"tak" those type ~ :)

The 13A sockets are MK. As for the "touch" switches, no brand is indicated on them. My contractor just show us a sample before installing them. We not a big fan of expensive switches. :)

slurppppp~~~ nice nice

Looking every details on what your have hehe

We have the same MBR layout and the same concept (guess everyone is sticking this style~ :P)

Your showerhead is "SOoo" Big!

question pop into my mind now...:)

Anyway to measure the water pressure? Many ppl say lower floor gain higher water pressure~

Your exhaust fan is cut into the toilet window? waaa exp?

Hmmm... I would consider my water pressure is small. My floor is not very high. :(

We changed the toilet windows so the exhaust fan hole was cut. Have to check the exact price and get back to you again. :)

@prody

What im afraid that after water pressure is low...i think there's a thread somewhere how to solve this issue...(with Citygas?)

Possible to use some electric pump to push the water out? if 2 person simultaneously using the water at the same time (it happen to me) totally there's no water to bathe....just a few drops~~

mastertoilet2.jpg

mastertoilet1.jpg

Love your laminates! :) Very very nice. Now I want it. Hahah. Btw, are your 2 taps wide enough for you and Dreaming to stand next to each other comfortably while brushing your teeth? We wanted a long sink too, but in the end gave up the ides... cuz it felt a little tight.

Love your shower area too! From the pictures, it looks like wood... :)

Where is your toilet roll holder?

Edited by strikingreality

Hi Neighbour,

My future husband to be found you in RenoTalk 30 mins ago. And we realised we are actually in the same block, and we are staying 2 level below you. Hehehehe... ... So coincident!!!

We have identical ideas of hacking down balcony and bedroom 2 wall. However, our design concept is modern comtemporary. We decide to start our renovation few months later. Really nice meeting you in Renotalk. It was a Surprised to us.

By the way, do you mind sharing with us whether the balcony wall hacking need PE Endorsement and how much does it cost?

We are doing our budgeting now so would like to list down the renovation costing. Thank you in advance.

In future, we can find achance to meet up. =D

Regards

Vonne

Hi eevonne, sent you a PM. ;)

Love your laminates! :) Very very nice. Now I want it. Hahah. Btw, are your 2 taps wide enough for you and Dreaming to stand next to each other comfortably while brushing your teeth? We wanted a long sink too, but in the end gave up the ides... cuz it felt a little tight.

Love your shower area too! From the pictures, it looks like wood... :)

Where is your toilet roll holder?

We can't say we will be standing to each other COMFORTABLY but definitely enough space for a quick teeth brush! Part of the reason we got this sink is also that its something different. We have a good time finding this sink and measure all the right measurement to make sure we don't end up squeezing each other.

And I love love LOVE the shower feature wall too! I keep telling my HTB (prody) "the wall very nice hor!" "this tile is nice!" "so glad we chosen this tile".. think hes abit sick of my niam niam niam.. :lol:

We don't have a good space for a toilet holder so we're thinking of buying those table-top toilet roll holder that we can put on vanity shelf.

Once again, thanks all for your great compliments. Makes us feel good to get some value out of our money. :D

Edited by Dreaming