Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
prody

A&m's Love Nest [Modern Resort]

This will be a BRICK WALL entry tonight. Those who have followed the forum and home decor magazines are no strangers to the brick wall. And we think it makes an attractive feature wall to our living room.

img0533um.jpg

img0474d.jpg

img0475bn.jpg

img0504zhf.jpg

There was a "slump" in the lower middle portion of the wall if you notice. Contractor says its due to the uneven backing. We thought brick wall should look solid and we got the contractor to rectify. :yeah:

Hi prody, can i know where u get the brick wall tiles?? I thinking DIY a small piece of wall...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hi Dreaming,

I know y HTB (prody) thinks its ugly! :sport-smiley-004:

First the impression for me is (IMO): Focal AMP is so dull, cant bring up the luxury of the home theater. as a audiophile we tend to purchase something that not too "exp" yet presentable~ well Focal is a good brand indeed (especially for ICE- In Car Entertainment. guess snaem85 will agree with me :rolleyes: )

Factor 2 may be, too plain...because your artistic feature wall is off white in colour + Focal HT it doesn't bring out the "Ohmp"

Just my 2 cents ~~ else can think of sound bar :) good tho'

Snaem85,

We're not really into the sound systems but AudioHouse may have some value for $ AV devices.

Shawncck,

We bought at Hafary, but I'm sure they can be found in other shops too.

hi Dreaming,

I know y HTB (prody) thinks its ugly! :sport-smiley-004:

First the impression for me is (IMO): Focal AMP is so dull, cant bring up the luxury of the home theater. as a audiophile we tend to purchase something that not too "exp" yet presentable~ well Focal is a good brand indeed (especially for ICE- In Car Entertainment. guess snaem85 will agree with me :rolleyes: )

Factor 2 may be, too plain...because your artistic feature wall is off white in colour + Focal HT it doesn't bring out the "Ohmp"

Just my 2 cents ~~ else can think of sound bar :) good tho'

Haha... Thanks for the explanation Terencectw! :)

Details of the bed frame as follows:

Close-up of the laminate. We love that it gives a lot of texture and wood grains. And it has a subtle effect (not too loud).

bedframelaminate.jpg

Here are the acrylic covering the lighting.

bedframelight.jpg

We got the contractor to smooth out the sharp edges to avoid getting bruises next time. And the result was good! :good:

bedframecurve.jpg

Edited by prody

Hello Prody & Dreaming,

Do you have any idea how to solve this future issue?

Imagine u have a nice kitchen...but in long run things tend to be lazy and the kitchen will be like this as below:

IMG_0736.jpg

photo-2.jpg

Anyways to avoid all these mess or how do u guys plan to counter this kind of problems? :dunno:

Hello Prody & Dreaming,

Imagine u have a nice kitchen...but in long run things tend to be lazy and the kitchen will be like this as below:

>G_0736.jpg

I think you can get those condiment pull out trays install inside your cabinate to stall them away. Plus always stall ur pots n pans away. If you are always to clean up no matter what will still end up like that

photo-2.jpg

Anyways to avoid all these mess or how do u guys plan to counter this kind of problems? :dunno:

Hi prody,

I have a Bose sound system which I am not using AT ALL. its the Lifestyle 38 i think. If you don't mind a 2nd hand sound system I don't mind letting it go at a cheap price. It was bought in early 2010 @ $6K+.

Drop me a PM if interested!

Jon

Hi Jon, thanks for your offer. Bose is a really high end sound system and I'm sure the audio experience must be exhilarating! However I do not really have an AV room in my house so I don't really require such a good system. :)

Thanks for offering though.

Hi Terencectw and strikingreality,

Thanks for the compliments! :)

There's no no false ceiling in the MBR. we only have a small L-shape strip of false ceiling in the living room. Will post for final product soon.

As you can see our reno works are very basic and nothing extravagant. Due to budget constraint mah. ; p

Hello Prody & Dreaming,

Hi Terencectw,

I tend to agree with Sheepz that you definitely need to hide these condiments especially when you are hosting guests. I'm curious that why didnt you place them in the cabinets underneath the cooking hob? That's what are practiced in my parents and parents in law house.

Of course there is always the added effort of bending down to get them during cooking. I guess having a tidy kitchen needs effort. :)

I'm already wondering if we need to clean the oven everytime we bake in the future :D

Edited by prody

We got the contractor to smooth out the sharp edges to avoid getting bruises next time. And the result was good! :good:

bedframecurve.jpg

Originally we were given a ninety degrees sharp corner that could kill a chicken if it didn't see and walk into it.

Did I mention that my WTB persuaded the contractor to redo n produce the rounded corner?

She's the street wise one n I'm the nerdy one :D

haha Tks were do do you keep your blender? rice cooker? water jar?...

Do u prefer conceal condiment pull out trays or expose? due to herbs and sources ~

@prody

I notice your switch~ is it from MK? the larger ones on the left (Im looking for those switches comes with soft touch~"tak" those type ~ :)