Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
prody

A&m's Love Nest [Modern Resort]

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Prody!

Awesome looking place you've got! I am gonna have a brick craft stone wall too! Love your selection of white & pine wood colors too. Exactly what I had in mind. :good:

Thanks a lot beezeebear :)

I'm not sure whether this style is Scandinavian or Modern Resort, it sure is comfortable and soothing.

Looking forward to your version of this style :D

Hi Prody & Dreaming, have just went through all 3 pages and simply love the reno and ideas!

i especially dig the brick wall as well as the choice of laminates used in the carpentry for MBR & MBR toilet!

your toliet does look abit cramped just like my MBR toilet but i simply laud your efforts in going for functionality over looks!

will be following ya t-blog all the way!

Cheers!

MeRf

Hi Prody & Dreaming, have just went through all 3 pages and simply love the reno and ideas!

i especially dig the brick wall as well as the choice of laminates used in the carpentry for MBR & MBR toilet!

your toliet does look abit cramped just like my MBR toilet but i simply laud your efforts in going for functionality over looks!

will be following ya t-blog all the way!

Cheers!

MeRf

Hi MeRf,

Thanks for dropping by our blog :)

Indeed our toilets are too small to accommodate two person comfortably. To think that we initially wanted to put a bathtub inside! :D

Another option we contemplated on is to hack away the wall dividing both toilets. Decided not to bcos it will not be practical with just a toilet.

Hi MeRf,

Thanks for dropping by our blog :)

Indeed our toilets are too small to accommodate two person comfortably. To think that we initially wanted to put a bathtub inside! :D

Another option we contemplated on is to hack away the wall dividing both toilets. Decided not to bcos it will not be practical with just a toilet.

Hi Prody,

ya most welcomed! i tink having a bathtub would def be luxurious, however like you mentioned, hdb comes with micro toilets, so i think its gonna be really tough fitting one in, even with hacking and extending the toilet size. mine lagi worst, after the hollow block wall is up, my shower area is really miniscule, there is still a glass partition to be installed ontop of the shower area hollow block.

Image00166.jpg

Image00167.jpg

Wow... everything looks so nice! Wife wants to have 2 taps too but don't think our future house got space. What's an undermount basin? We thought of having the PD Mirror door. How much is it? Love your ideas.... no need ID some more... so good.... How much does the reno cost? If inconvenient to say maybe can PM me? Thanks. :P

Wow... everything looks so nice! Wife wants to have 2 taps too but don't think our future house got space. What's an undermount basin? We thought of having the PD Mirror door. How much is it? Love your ideas.... no need ID some more... so good.... How much does the reno cost? If inconvenient to say maybe can PM me? Thanks. :P

Hi Raptor,

First of all, thanks for dropping by.

Undermount sink simply put it mean a built in sink. There's also wall-mount, and the very popular counter-top aka the bowl type.

Generally these are the main types.

Hope this helps. :)

Hi Prody, your reno is certainly progressing well. I love your raised platform and bedframe lighting.... :)

MBR toilet looks impressive.... Your pipes are all boxed up? I was contemplating of having an exhaust fan in the toilet.... But not sure it is effective in getting rid of the smell / warm water vapor and also may lead to wastage of electricity should I or anyone forget to switch off. Cleaning and maintaining it could also be an issue.... :( So I dropped the idea.

On the whole, everything is "swee" :)

Hi Prody, your reno is certainly progressing well. I love your raised platform and bedframe lighting.... :)

MBR toilet looks impressive.... Your pipes are all boxed up? I was contemplating of having an exhaust fan in the toilet.... But not sure it is effective in getting rid of the smell / warm water vapor and also may lead to wastage of electricity should I or anyone forget to switch off. Cleaning and maintaining it could also be an issue.... :( So I dropped the idea.

On the whole, everything is "swee" :)

Potatoes,

Thanks for dropping by :)

Yup in fact the pipes for both toilets was boxed up. IMHO it is quite unsightly leaving it exposed.

As for the exhuast fan, we feel theres a need because there a WIW adjacent to the MBR toilet. Better to take precaution than to have mould growing out of our clothes! :D

Initially we designed the exhaust fan switch to have a timer switch so that automatically disconnect electricity after a preset duration. (seen it in a blog here, can't remember which one). As such won't waste electricity :)

bedframecurve.jpg

I love your bed frame! Elegant, uncomplicated and practical! :good:

Could you tell me how much your ID charged you for the construction of this (you can PM me, if you like)? I'm thinking of having something similar made for my master bedroom (as it has a slightly odd configuration). However, all the IDs I've spoken to charge rather a lot for carpentry, and so I'm torn between having a bed frame custom-made by my future ID (expensive but no wastage of space) and simply getting one from a furniture shop (possibly cheaper but it won't exactly suit the room). :help:

Thanks!

Hi all

I know many wants to know the prices of our carpentry etc. for reference.

So here you go...

PRICES

Bed frame - $1530

PD-Mirror-Door - $420

Toilet exhaust fan - $160

Master toilet vanity shelf - $570

Master toilet vanity mirror - $380

Master toilet sink (from Asia Excel) - $322

Shoe cabinet - $1540

Brick wall (tiles from hafary) - $1400

Hood EFC9535X - $699

Hob EGT9435X - $366

Oven EDB31002X - $549

Washer/Dryer EWW12470 - $881

Note: prices may vary due to different measurements. Do let us know if we are being over/under priced. :)

I will be updating this entry as the question of prices rises. This forum is all about exchanging infor anyway. ;)

Edited by Dreaming

Potatoes,

Thanks for dropping by :)

Yup in fact the pipes for both toilets was boxed up. IMHO it is quite unsightly leaving it exposed.

As for the exhuast fan, we feel theres a need because there a WIW adjacent to the MBR toilet. Better to take precaution than to have mould growing out of our clothes! :D

Initially we designed the exhaust fan switch to have a timer switch so that automatically disconnect electricity after a preset duration. (seen it in a blog here, can't remember which one). As such won't waste electricity :)

Prody, thanks for sharing ideas.

Do you think it is too late to install exhaust fan now since i have completed my bathroom?can iit share the same power point as the light? Or is your exhaust fan using a separate switch? Thx. I am thinking how the people are going to mont the fan on my window? Need to cut a hole?

Prody, thanks for sharing ideas.

Do you think it is too late to install exhaust fan now since i have completed my bathroom?can iit share the same power point as the light? Or is your exhaust fan using a separate switch? Thx. I am thinking how the people are going to mont the fan on my window? Need to cut a hole?

Hi Potatoes,

You would need to change the bathroom window, if it is not a laminated window yet. I don't think u can install on typical wired glass. Both light and exhaust can share same switch. But then ur light needs to be on in the day when exhaust is on :)

Edited by prody