Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Car118

Windowless Toilet

Dear all

i had jus bought a duplex condo..liked the space being spacious nvr thought abt anything else till my mum pointed out that both the common n master toilets have no window. Wondering anyone can advise me how i am gg to maintain both without becoming mouldy as there r no ventilation. thanks in advance!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Dear all

i had jus bought a duplex condo..liked the space being spacious nvr thought abt anything else till my mum pointed out that both the common n master toilets have no window. Wondering anyone can advise me how i am gg to maintain both without becoming mouldy as there r no ventilation. thanks in advance!

You can buy ventilation fans, all my bathrooms have one, but of course I ensured they have additional ventilation (either windows or slits in the door) as unless you buy the really powerful ones, mould and mildew will form pretty quickly.

Dear all

this is like some hotel toilet design where they have ventilation fan and then the 24/7 air conditioning to make the toilet dry. but personally, toilet without windows are not really recommended.

try to work with your ID if you can work on ventilation fan via false ceiling (heard some did this before. downside though is the sound of the fan humming....

hope you could share on your final solution as well. thank you.

just like what hentamkings said..either air-conditioning 24/7 or have a ventilation fans on the false ceiling..i've been to my friend's condo who done both..the toilet is actually sparkling clean

Dear all

A toilet without window or mechanical venting (ie extractor or ventilation fan) would not have passed TOP. Your toilet probably has some type of mechanical ventilation. Look carefully for venting slates in the toilet. If really don't have, complain to BCA.

A toilet without window or mechanical venting (ie extractor or ventilation fan) would not have passed TOP. Your toilet probably has some type of mechanical ventilation. Look carefully for venting slates in the toilet. If really don't have, complain to BCA.

Now this makes alot of sense.

my master bathroom has no window but we made lourve windows above the door, added a wall fan and a ventilating fan on the false ceiling that is vented to the outside. Moved in for 2 months already still ok.

Oic.. Tks alot.. Will chk it up first.. Update u all once I ve a clearer pic

As long as you have a false ceiling, it is quite easy to install a ceiling exhaust fan. My friend has a toilet in the middle of his house (ie without windows). I find that it stint when someone does big business inside because the exhaust fan is not powerful enough.

When you install the exhaust fan, you may want to look for something that is more powerful.

Cheers!