Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
frostyapple

Should I Keep My Granite Floor ?

9 years back...Is that consider long or short?

How many years are the "normal" reno gaps?

Hi renoseeker,

There is no telling of how many years are the normal reno gap. It depends on how you look at it or how well does the current owner maintain the house. But if $ is the biggest concern here, you can always do reno when you have done enough savings. Most ppl prefer to renovate the whole house before moving in as it saves the hassle of shifting your things in the near future should you decide to renovate your house few years down the road. Or to save cost, you can always Overlay the tiles instead of hacking the tiles. This way it saves $ & time as well.

My case was I bought this flat & I like everything abt it. Little did I expect that the defect was hidden by the chopping board. And later then I realised that I had to change the Kitchen wall tiles 'cos of the broken pieces. So I go from Reno for both toilets to reno for the whole house.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Mostly granite got alot of black marking, black dot design. Not like marble which look neutral cool.

But of course, there is some cool color like black granite, black galaxy , black imperial.

If you like it then retain it, but of cus not those MRT flooring la... the china granite .. walan eh.. ;)

Btw, YOU CAN POLISH GRANITE.. but its much more costly than polishing the marble. Better than hack & lay right ;)

granite is one of the toughest flooring around n scratch resistant. it is very exp and will last a life time. Cleaning is not an issue. My mum home is granite and have it for the past 12 years no problem. On top of tat , if there is a valuation on the house price, with granite will give u a better price then homoginous tiles and marbles

Just an update. I kept my granite floor and asked the contractor to wax it. The cost is $280. It looks like brand new now.

Edited by frostyapple

On 06/01/2017 at 3:50 AM, BelindaSeah said:

I guess thats what makes granite look nice

I remember seeing some granite that had light red markings, those looked really good

• Like 9

On 23/11/2011 at 6:37 PM, kunxeno said:

granite is one of the toughest flooring around

Granite is always like that, its a tough stone and really value for money

• Like 8

On 2/24/2017 at 10:25 AM, GermaineS said:

I remember seeing some granite that had light red markings, those looked really good

Those i think are red granite it will give your house a mediterranean look and feel ;)

• Like 7

On 11/17/2011 at 10:54 PM, Synchron said:

the china granite

China granite does not really have that classy look, should go for those european imported one, as they look and feel really good