Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
NeoBY

Lukie's First Home

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

oohh....bad news. opennet rejected my appeal for free installation yet again :(

Good news is I'll be getting my keys next week!!

I have decided to use Rick from IdealHouse as my contractor. I am doing my kitchen and 2 toilets plus change all windows.

I went to Hafary today to choose the tiles with Rick. An interesting experience!! Will share pic of tiles later.

The inspection of house will be done next Monday and handover on Friday. Was told to pay the property tax on 2nd appointment. I was also told by my friend the conservancy fees will come after handover.

These are my kitchen tiles. Front one is for the area above kitchen cabinet (I am not using tempered glass backsplash or aluminium). I am a bit worried how it will turn out as it is quite "bright". Another concern is the cleaning.

Centre one is for the wall and last one is for the floor. The reason for choosing a floor tile with brown hint so as to have a floor from the living room as I am not changing the living room tiles.

img2012011400250.jpg

Edited by NeoBY

These are my common toilet tiles. We are trying to create a modern style here. The first tile is for the shower feature wall and the one behind for the floor. The while tile is the same as the one used in the kitchen and is for the wall.

img2012011400249.jpg

Edited by NeoBY

These are my mbr toilet tiles. We are trying to create a more resort feel here. The first and second tiles are for the shower feature wall. I will need to choose 1 of it. The third is the wall tile and last is floor tile.

img2012011400251.jpg

Yeap, I may change the mosaic (which I forgot to upload here) which is supposed to fill the gap when I remove the balcony sliding doors.

These are the stuff which I will be doing.

As I shared earlier, I bought this flat under the single scheme. Initially I was looking for a 4 room flat with 0 or 10k COV. I looked at places like Sengkang, Yishun, Woodlands, Jurong West....these are the ulu places of which I hope to get something with my COV. Other than budget constraint, the other reason why I wanted to look for low COV is to cushion the fall in flat prices (if it really comes since the market has been talking about it).

Next is the renovation. With my budget constraint, I decided to only renovate the kitchen and 2 toilets. Otherwise, I would very much want to change the living room and bedrooms floor tiles and the wardrobe. With this, I set out to look for contractors/IDs with my requirement, mostly recommended ones in this forum. I got some with reasonable quotations. Eventually, I decided to go with Rick as I feel comfortable with him even though I don't get much review here. Hopefully he don't disappoint.

Initially, I wanted to have a feature brick wall in the living room but decided to remove it to further lower my renovation cost. This will be replaced with a dark shade of brown paint. I envisage the rest of the living room wall to be a light shade of brown. The room doors, doors, ceiling and room walls will all be white. Hopefully this works with the mostly white furniture that I've got.

slide1tx.jpg

slide2zv.jpg

slide3kd.jpg

Hi May_dream1,

Thanks!! Why you like singles buying home?

Didn't realize I am on page 2!!

Also, realized I didnt complete my story on buying house!! Here it is....I went to view a 4-rm at Sengkang. It's 2nd floor. The place is pretty run down as they rented out the rooms to others. They asked for 10k COV. I think I would have to renovate the whole place if I bought the house. And there are other viewers to the house at the same time. Very gan jiong!! The agent, a nice guy, told me not to decide in a haste. He said he has another house which is not advertised in the online property websites yet. AND of similar price.

Hence I went and the rest is history.....

Thanks, Piknik. Renovation will only start 15 Feb. I am waiting for my contractor's 3D drawings now....Have you started yours?