Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
NeoBY

Lukie's First Home

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi May_dream1,

Thanks!! Why you like singles buying home?

Didn't realize I am on page 2!!

Also, realized I didnt complete my story on buying house!! Here it is....I went to view a 4-rm at Sengkang. It's 2nd floor. The place is pretty run down as they rented out the rooms to others. They asked for 10k COV. I think I would have to renovate the whole place if I bought the house. And there are other viewers to the house at the same time. Very gan jiong!! The agent, a nice guy, told me not to decide in a haste. He said he has another house which is not advertised in the online property websites yet. AND of similar price.

Hence I went and the rest is history.....

Hahaha.... isn't it obvious why i like singles buying home and renovating them? cos i am single also mah. hehehehe..... and you got a 5 room at better price than my 4 room. :bleah:

Yup, i don't like to go those flats where there are tons of people trying to outbid one another on the COV. Your agent is really good......

Hi Ayazumi,

Yah!! hahaha....only worry is it will become to blink blink for the kitchen. Need to see the 3D drawings. Coincidentally, my dog's name is Blink Blink.

Hi May_dream1,

Hahhaa....but you realized my place is quite ulu too. Not very accessible, especially for work.

is it near mrt? nothing is ulu if near mrt loh... hehehe...

Near some Bakau LRT. I am not familiar with Sengkang. I stayed in Clementi for many years and recently in Ang Mo Kio. Used to work at Changi for many years and now in Orchard.

Near some Bakau LRT. I am not familiar with Sengkang. I stayed in Clementi for many years and recently in Ang Mo Kio. Used to work at Changi for many years and now in Orchard.

wow, then its quite far. not convenient for you to go to work then. you need to take lrt then mrt to dhoby ghaut then change to orchard.

unless you are driving lah... then its different story. :sport-smiley-004:

Edited by May_dream1

Ur kitchen backsplash tile color looks like gold color. is it? Or due to the flashlight the color turn out different? I'm using mosaic for my kitchen backsplash too..

haha actually i think taking bus to SK MRT would be faster. My gf live in SK and i have never took the LRT b4 to her house coz i would just take the bus which is faster and nearer for me to walk to. haha

Hi pinkwhale, yeap it's gold. hope it will turn out well.

Hi Takeyu, bus is it? ok!!!! Bus it will be!!

Today is a good day. I went for the inspection behind handover. Not too bad. I didnt negotiate the commission with my housing agent but he gave me a small little discount today when I hand him his commission. Nice!!

These are the stuff which I will be doing.

As I shared earlier, I bought this flat under the single scheme. Initially I was looking for a 4 room flat with 0 or 10k COV. I looked at places like Sengkang, Yishun, Woodlands, Jurong West....these are the ulu places of which I hope to get something with my COV. Other than budget constraint, the other reason why I wanted to look for low COV is to cushion the fall in flat prices (if it really comes since the market has been talking about it).

Next is the renovation. With my budget constraint, I decided to only renovate the kitchen and 2 toilets. Otherwise, I would very much want to change the living room and bedrooms floor tiles and the wardrobe. With this, I set out to look for contractors/IDs with my requirement, mostly recommended ones in this forum. I got some with reasonable quotations. Eventually, I decided to go with Rick as I feel comfortable with him even though I don't get much review here. Hopefully he don't disappoint.

Initially, I wanted to have a feature brick wall in the living room but decided to remove it to further lower my renovation cost. This will be replaced with a dark shade of brown paint. I envisage the rest of the living room wall to be a light shade of brown. The room doors, doors, ceiling and room walls will all be white. Hopefully this works with the mostly white furniture that I've got.

slide1tx.jpg

slide2zv.jpg

slide3kd.jpg

well i think if u really wanna a brick wall u should just do it , cuz renovation is not something u change or do everyyear cuz once it done u

dont wanna the hassle of doing it again when u have more budget ,cuz the wall will be there forever and will be nice to come back home to something u really want just buy less gadget and clothes u will be able to recovery the cost of the brickwall in a few month

Edited by rayfox

I passed by this shop when I went for lunch near Zion Cl, opposite Great World City. They have some nice tiles, retro and peranakan looking ones. Nice!! I didn't check on the pricing though.

img2012011800269.jpg

img2012011800268.jpg

img2012011800267.jpg

I passed by this shop when I went for lunch near Zion Cl, opposite Great World City. They have some nice tiles, retro and peranakan looking ones. Nice!! I didn't check on the pricing though.

interesting tiles.. would be nice if you want retro looks....