Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Goobii

Bad Service And Attitude By Pd Door Shop

PD Door is good IMO. I have 1 of this in my place. You have options to use glass or acrylic. Frame is powder coated metal. Locking mechanism is plastic.

It can last provided you know how to use it because you need to slide it the push it to open.

If you opt for white and simple frames and glass it'll be elegant. other design are not that fantastic.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hey guys there r mixed reviews of pd doors but up till now, no photographs to substantiate claims... Anyone with photographs of their pd doors?

Ya. Would be great if some of the users can post the picture of their Pd doors.

Ya. Would be great if some of the users can post the picture of their Pd doors.

Pretty late to take some pics but here goes - full white.

3-1.jpg

2-3.jpg

4-1.jpg

1-2.jpg

Like any other products, there will always be consumers who will not be satisfied with their purchases. If Goobii feels PD doors are lousy and poor in design, I don't think he will have spent thouands of dollars on their products in the 1st place. Cautious consumers would have done some research before spending their money. That's my opinion. :)

to me, their service are so far so good, their product indeed do had their selling point that is why people buying it.

Since you have bad opinion with their service, then you should look at it as an "used and throw product", they are just a $299 product anyway- just my 2 cents :yamseng:

Pretty late to take some pics but here goes - full white.

3-1.jpg

2-3.jpg

4-1.jpg

1-2.jpg

Like any other products, there will always be consumers who will not be satisfied with their purchases. If Goobii feels PD doors are lousy and poor in design, I don't think he will have spent thouands of dollars on their products in the 1st place. Cautious consumers would have done some research before spending their money. That's my opinion. :)

Wow, your wall is nice.. haha... The door looks good with your wall too. I mean it matches with your wall. Can i ask you why the picture there is something like "water effect" ?? Is it the lightings?

Thank you for your sincere opinion.

I hope to see more pictures too... Thank you so much for your pic again.

Edited by RexMen

Hihi RexMen,

Yes. It is just the lighting effecting. :).

Thanks for the compliments. Old house already.

Wow, your wall is nice.. haha... The door looks good with your wall too. I mean it matches with your wall. Can i ask you why the picture there is something like "water effect" ?? Is it the lightings?

Thank you for your sincere opinion.

I hope to see more pictures too... Thank you so much for your pic again.

for me, there's no delay on the installation, but i don't like the service from their sales, very unfriendly. there are some scratches too, but we realised it sometime after the installation, to save the trouble, we didn't ask for a replacement.

Guest Goobii

Updates:

Paid $958 for a so called shower screen in the common room.

Waited till after CNY but nothing was done and totally no calls or whatever or sms...

before CNY there was a call by the sale person who served us to inform he was asked to resign and he will hand over the case to another person, he even asked us to use back the other shower screen which they MADE but the system cannot even close the door properly or lock. Asking us to TIE up a metal BAR to hook up to the ceiling which is at the spot where the toilet lamp was suppose. This was almost 1week before CNY...

It would be too ugly to accept it. We told them the shower screen is not acceptable and the man took back the shower screen and never returned...

conclusion: Never find this SHOP to do your shower screen or toilet door. There is others which is MUCH MUCH better using glass and aluminium casing + stainless steel to build a CLASSY shower screen.

I would NOT recommend my friend or relative to the SHOP or even to buy THEIR PD door. The service and attitude SUCKs and minus 100% that they are not worth it to use in the house. As my fellow friend who used also complained and the PD door spoil only just 1mth when used...

:furious: :furious: :furious:

Edited by Goobii

Price also not that cheap la especially new house kitchen width is ard 90cm - 1meter,was quoted $499 for my kitchen door, eventually got a full glass door for only $500+

PD door seems got mixed reviews... our ID also quoted us for the usage for kitchen door... Maybe as wat some forummers said... its subjective... depend on how u use it...

No matter how nice PDdoor is... Nv buy from them...

Boss is holigian and things nv deliver... Wrong measurement and ask u to keep waiting...

Serious free one I oso dun wan... I really scare of pddoor... Really hope they close down...

sorry bro goobii for diverting your thread. just want to point out that TS wants to highlight the bad (from what i read, possibly criminal) attitute by this specific company rather than the product itself. Actually, this kind of door is also done by another company (which is my supplier for such doors). So far I only know of 2 companies, but no intention to switch supplier since I have a good working relationship with my current supplier.

My 2 cents on the product.

pros:

small footprint

strong mechanism

stable door

child safe lock (with upgrade options)

no bottom track

cons:

have to know how to use it, not intuitive

pricing is on the higher side compared to other quality doors

strict on dimensions so any miscommunication will lead to losses to either parties

terribly expensive if size of door required is more than standard size

summary:

i did not use it personally as i did not know about this product when i got my house done, but given a choice, i would. but i would recommend it to my clients where small footprint is needed and no bottom track is preferred. of course, the final choice is theirs since they are the ones using it.

For those who complained about bad workmanship, it'll be good to substantiate their claims with photographs for all readers to judge.

While I was hunting around for a supplier to my kitchen doors & vanity drawers for the recess area below my windows, I was very tempted to engage PD doors becox of the pretty designs. They had an "expensive" look & would add a designer style to any of our homes which is extremely desirable for us as home owners. :good:

However, after speaking to the sales rep, I wasn't sure if things would work out. The sales rep also gave me an impression that they were out to close every single deal & back then when we visited their factory in Eunos, they didn't have a showroom. :unsure:

From my perspective, their mechanism isn't catered for heavy usage & rough handling. Say, if the tenants were to use PD doors, I didn't think they'll last & probabbly fall apart in no time. As such, I do share the sentiments of renotalk member, ossify where the usage of PD doors is concerned.

Recently, I spotted a PD door that was installed 2 years ago in a fashion boutique & it looks beautiful with great style. The proprietess claimed that the door was thrown in by her renovator 2 years ago & she was extremely satisfied with the workmanship & the installation looks great.

I'm not sure what was going on behind doors where these 2 suppliers are concerned. Sometimes they might have lost their best installers & fabricators... or ... not sure... but after my bad experience with the installer for my chimney hood & reading up alot about problematic aircons straight after the installation, I did realise that it's not easy to get good installers though it's still possible to do so.

If installation is extremely important in the busines equation of PD door, then the management should do something about it.

Edited by edenstrauss