Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
victri

When Can I Sell / Get Hdb Valuation?

Hi,

I am considering selling my 5I in Punggol. My 5yr minimum occupation period (MOP) ends Aug 2012. My questions are,

1. how soon can I put my place up for sale, and

2. when can I get a valuation report done?

Thanks!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi,

I am considering selling my 5I in Punggol. My 5yr minimum occupation period (MOP) ends Aug 2012. My questions are,

Thanks!

I suppose the 2nd appointment date is the "cut off date" for mop. Assume yr mop end on 30/8/2012, so 2nd appt date just a day after.

Estimated timing at various stages:

1st-2nd appt, max = 8 wk

OTP period, max = 2 wk, min=same day

Cooling period = 1 wk

Resale submission = 0-90days, assume a wk here

Viewing - seller awards otp to buyer = vary, can be a week till months or years. Assume 4 wk here

8+2+1+1+4=16wks

30/8/2012 -16wk(4months) ~ 30/4/2012 can advertise to sell liao!

Ask for valuation typically range from 3 days to 1 wk. Report valid for 3 months only (mean when submit for resale application, the report must be within validity period).

Info good enough?

I suppose the 2nd appointment date is the "cut off date" for mop. Assume yr mop end on 30/8/2012, so 2nd appt date just a day after.

bepgof,

I think and think.. don't sound right

1st appointment is to check all the doc from buyer and seller that both side can eligible to buy and sell and correct.

If during the 1st appointment, seller MOP not meet, that's mean. Cannot sell.

If 1st appointment didn't get thru' , how to move to 2nd appointment.

bepgof,

I think and think.. don't sound right

1st appointment is to check all the doc from buyer and seller that both side can eligible to buy and sell and correct.

If during the 1st appointment, seller MOP not meet, that's mean. Cannot sell.

If 1st appointment didn't get thru' , how to move to 2nd appointment.

HDb needs to check & check....so long as the 1st appt date not more than 8wk away from MOP, then it is FINE.

The date inks the signature at 2nd appt signifies the transfer of ownership, from seller to buyer, no more and no less.

Hi Guys, does anyone know if there is a increase in HDB valuation report price? Looking around the forum, most mention its $180.50 but on HDB's website its stated $186.55?

Hi Guys, does anyone know if there is a increase in HDB valuation report price? Looking around the forum, most mention its $180.50 but on HDB's website its stated $186.55?

Does it make significant difference? Doing capital budgeting? Not worth spending time & precious "brain power" in keeping track price of a basket.

Edited by bepgof

Hi,

Thanks!

on hdb website, look at the resale checklist that sellers need to fill out - addresses the timing bit quite clearly. anyway, always best to clarify and/or confirm with HDB.

Edited by random_username

on hdb website, look at the resale checklist that sellers need to fill out - addresses the timing bit quite clearly. anyway, always best to clarify and/or confirm with HDB.

You cant grant OTP until you complete MOP.

Seem "logical", got such expressed legislation?

lol... its on the OTP form.

3. Confirmation by Seller

3.1 The Seller confirms that as at the Option Date, he has either 

(a) satisfied the minimum occupation period determined by the Housing and

Development Board (“HDB”); or

(b) not satisfied the minimum occupation period but has obtained the HDB’s prior

written consent for the sale of the Flat.

3.2 If the Seller has not met the requirement in Clause 3.1, this Option will be null and void. The

Seller will return to the Buyer any monies paid by the Buyer to the Seller, whether or not the

Buyer has exercised this Option. The Buyer may pursue any other claim he may have against the

Seller.

Edited by jiasheng

From what i see in other threads esp those regarding divorce cases, doesnt seem to be a good idea. You must appeal for each and every t&c that will affect you in future other wise the clause is just "frozen" until you buy a new HDB. One example i saw was the "Stay near parents grant clause".