Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kim76

Our First Home At Cck

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Done. Order is placed hahaha.. I got 50150 instead. Coz the bigger one is more than 20 pounds and not free shipping to Singapore :P

Now, time to shop for transformer hehe..

50150 is free shipping? I didn't know that.

It doesn't show as free shipping during checkout. I got a chat with the CS from amazon and asked her to check if items in my cart are eligible for free shipping to Singapore.

If the items are eligible for free shipping, they will ask you to proceed with the order and let them know the order number. They will proceed to waive the shipping charges after that.

I am very impressed with Amazon CS, efficient, polite and super fast O_O!

I ordered 2 units of Honeywell Long-Life Pure HEPA QuietCare Air Purifier, 17000 for my living and bedroom on Amazon on expedited shipping. After ordering, I reckon the 17000 will not be adequate for my living room, hence i ordered another 50250. I emailed Amazon to cancel one of the 17000 unit, however it is being shipped and I can only return when they deliver to my house.

I read from earlier posts that Amazon had ran out of stock for this model and they are now supplying from another retailer whom is selling at higher price. I am not here to profit from this haze, hence anyone keen can get the unit from me at at old selling price of US$100.79 + shipping costs (shared).

Item(s) Subtotal: $201.58
Shipping & Handling: $225.30
-----
Total before tax: $426.88
Estimated tax to be collected: $0.00
-----
Grand Total: $426.88

ie. US$426.88 / 2 = US$213.44 * 1.35129 (Amazon exchange rate) = $$288.40.

Delivery Estimate: Friday, June 28, 2013 - Monday, July 1, 2013 by 8:00pm .

Anyone keen can PM me before delivery otherwise I will return the stock to Amazon.

Edited by simplehuman

I've heaad about this. Maybe next time i will try it. haha my shipping costs 50-60 usd :bleah:

It doesn't show as free shipping during checkout. I got a chat with the CS from amazon and asked her to check if items in my cart are eligible for free shipping to Singapore.

If the items are eligible for free shipping, they will ask you to proceed with the order and let them know the order number. They will proceed to waive the shipping charges after that.

Edited by lala81

With regards to Vornado fan, they are not the usual conventional fan that some are used to, it does not oscillate, it is only a directional blower.

As per its technology, the air blown by the fan will circulates around the room. As such, to achieve the effect of 'airy'.

I would say they are closed to those industrial fan, but designed as lighter tone, look nicer for home use.

Having said that, the reason why most of us, opt to buy from Amazon, mainly due to price factor, if you had compare Homefix vs Amazon, the coat to ship from US pretty much justify it. 60% savings, with free shipping to SG now. If product build is there for a reason, nothing much to risk. Only downside, buy a transformer, maybe bulky to some, but seems like majority of us live with it.

If you ask me Vornado, KDK, Dyson, the latter 'scuks', just look nice. Vornado or KDK anytime.

I'm tempted to order a few more Vornado fans, doing further research now, I need some alternatives. :notti:

PS: Buying transformer for Vornado, For 6xx series, go for 100watts, if 7xx series, go for 250watts on safe side.

Hi Ong, check with you - when you said "with free shipping to SG now", how do you actually do it? Is there any "trick" to do free shipping to SG for this item? I intend to buy the 630B Vornado fan but when I checked out, there is shipping charge to SG. Think this item does not qualify for Amazon GlobalSaver, even if I played with or increase the quantity to be 2 (> USD 125). Thanks bro!

Hi Ong, check with you - when you said "with free shipping to SG now", how do you actually do it? Is there any "trick" to do free shipping to SG for this item? I intend to buy the 630B Vornado fan but when I checked out, there is shipping charge to SG. Think this item does not qualify for Amazon GlobalSaver, even if I played with or increase the quantity to be 2 (> USD 125). Thanks bro!

it is pretty straight forward, no trick. Make sure you click the left side 'amazon global eligible'

DC5F1B2E-F937-4ACC-B393-3D11837C6702-217

Make sure your items added also eligible. Those items more than 20 pounds are out. That's the weight restriction.

I've heaad about this. Maybe next time i will try it. haha my shipping costs 50-60 usd :bleah:

It happened to me a few times hence nowadays I kept a template of my query :P

If my order is somehow shown as not eligible for free shipping, I just copy paste my template to the CS :P

BTW, where do I check which XXX-watt transformer to get? In amazon, it doesn't mention how much watts it needs to run the air purifier.

http://www.amazon.com/Honeywell-Pure-Round-Purifier-50150-N/dp/B00008OOX2

It happened to me a few times hence nowadays I kept a template of my query :P

If my order is somehow shown as not eligible for free shipping, I just copy paste my template to the CS :P

BTW, where do I check which XXX-watt transformer to get? In amazon, it doesn't mention how much watts it needs to run the air purifier.

http://www.amazon.com/Honeywell-Pure-Round-Purifier-50150-N/dp/B00008OOX2

check here or simply google "<model number> power watt"...

50150 is free shipping? I didn't know that.

I just chat with Amazon CSO. They said that 50150 is 22 pounds so it is not free shipping. Only below 20 pounds is free.

How did you, Wisann, manage to "sian" the CSO to give u free shipping? Please share leh... :bleah::bleah:

I just chat with Amazon CSO. They said that 50150 is 22 pounds so it is not free shipping. Only below 20 pounds is free.

How did you, Wisann, manage to "sian" the CSO to give u free shipping? Please share leh... :bleah::bleah:

Must be he got some other stuffs in his order, which are eligible for FOC shipping, the CSO must have waived all out of goodwill. If all try to demand free shipping, this free shipping for small items will end sooner or later, judging from such act.

Be mindful, those who try to pull a fast one, account might get ban, I got friends kena that, ban ip, not just account.

50150 is 22 pounds???? i order 1 x 50150, 1 x Honeywell Compact Air Purifier with Permanent HEPA Filter, HHT-011, 2 x Giant wall decal.. free shipping to sg.. the CSO waived the shipping.

I check wif the CSO before buying and got the email to go ahead and they will waive the shipping. Indeed they did so and now my items are on their way to SG.

Now i'm checking with them on buying 2 x 50150 and 1 x
Kidde KN-COSM-B Battery-Operated Combination Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Alarm with Talking Alarm becoz it mentioned that some items cant be shipped to singapore.

Ongcs: wat do you meant by pulling a fast one? mind sharing so that we wun repeat the steps? lol

for me, i kiasi.. i double check with the CSO if i do not see the shipping direct to singapore or the shipping rates are being included.. use the email to verify before committing the order.. the savings on shipping alone is alot leh...

LOL. I didn't "sian" the CSO. Simply ask them to check before I proceed to checkout haha.. See below my usual template :P

Hi,
I am buying items that fall under "AmazonGlobal Eligible", sold directly by Amazon, total amount is more than USD 125 and I am shipping these items to Singapore. However, upon checkout, I don't see the option to choose "FREE AmazonGlobal Saver (averages 9-14 days)".
Could you please help me check if my orders are actually eligible for "FREE AmazonGlobal Saver" please? Kindly check those items that are currently in my carts, because I would like to know if I can get free shipping before ordering.
Below are the items in my cart:
1 x Honeywell Pure HEPA Round Air Purifier, 50150-N
4 x Gatco 4685 Channel Single Robe Hook, Chrome

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000MRXWIS/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Many thanks.
Regards,
Mr. X