Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kim76

Our First Home At Cck

Hi Ong,

I am going to Shanghai next week and thinking I might check out the cams while there coz the Foxcam F18910W was selling at $125 at the PC show and the prices I saw on taobao for this model is about 400 rmb. But goodness, I just spent a good 30 minutes trying to find out the shops in Shanghai that carry this product without success. Guess I should just hit the IT Malls in Shanghai?

U shld order from tb n send it to ur hotel...no harm gg to the malls but u run the risk of bot being able to get one at that price point....then it boils down to whether u hv enuf time for the tb seller to ship to u...unless seller is in sh,u need to factor about 3-5 days lead time...

Happy shopping!

My home shopping missions in Shanghai accomplished! My friend's shanghai colleague ordered the security cams from tb and had them delivered to the office. Online shopping is very big in Shanghai and other big cities, my shanghainese friend buy lots of stuff from tb, from five-star hotel grade bath towels to garlic butter!

I found a shop that does custom made curtains/blinds/sofa covers at the amazing 3-4 storey fabric market , made 3 80x50cm and 3 50x50cm sofa cushion covers for $85 inclusive of fabric., all done within a day. A tailor near bugis junction quoted me abt $30 to custom make one big cushion cover, excluding fabric! Bought a few colorful cushion covers and a 3.5meter linen fabric from the fabric market as well.

90bf.jpg

9knw.jpg

m0mr.jpg

Edited by sarah833

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hello everyone. I'm new here. Help needed :(

I just bought a honeywell 50250s from amazon. Without realizing the voltage needed I plugged I straight in. My whole house short circuited the fuse box.

I then went and got. Transformer (200 w) and tried again. This time it could start but alas, only for 10 s before it stopped again. The transformer was also super hot to touch. I let it rest and after it cooled down, I tried again and same prob. Ran for 10 s before the transformer heated up.

What can I do? I'm a tech idiot so any help will be much much much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I just bought a honeywell 50250s from amazon. Without realizing the voltage needed I plugged I straight in. My whole house short circuited the fuse box.

I then went and got. Transformer (200 w) and tried again. This time it could start but alas, only for 10 s before it stopped again. The transformer was also super hot to touch. I let it rest and after it cooled down, I tried again and same prob. Ran for 10 s before the transformer heated up.

Thanks in advance.

sounds like ur transformer cannot handle the load - how come u din get the 230w ? can go and exchange ?

Thanks in advance.

When you powered up the air purifier, which mode did you run at? The transformer should be warm, if hot, your transformer not capable of powering the air purifier.

Which brand did you bought?

sounds like ur transformer cannot handle the load - how come u din get the 230w ? can go and exchange ?

It says the honeywell requires 170w so was told by the guy selling 200 is enuff.

Is it enuff?

When you powered up the air purifier, which mode did you run at? The transformer should be warm, if hot, your transformer not capable of powering the air purifier.

Which brand did you bought?

I ran it at different modes but same thing.

I got from a DIY store.

Brand is winstar.

"Make sure that your item's required wattage is less than the maximum capacity of the travel converter. We recommend at least 50% higher wattage converter than your item's required wattage. Certain products "spike" when they are switched on causing the wattage to exceed 2 or 3 times more than the stated wattage."

this was reply from a site selling transformer. this could be the reason for your problem.

initially i was also very tempted to get appliances from usa, but after some research decided not too as its too much trouble and wastage involved. whenever you are not using the transformer, remember to unplug it as it will still be consuming energy.

guys also remember that Most travel size voltage converters are not designed for continuous use. Unplug them from the outlet when not in use.

for purifier i would recommend a heavy duty transformer, since it will be on for long period of time.

71NB6lA0rnL._SL1500_.jpg

Edited by kirovski

Try to run at low mode using the 200w transformer in continuos duration, if ok, move to mid mode, & so on, continuos duration roughly 1-2 hrs will be decent test.

Personally, I never tried Winstar, all the while, Kim & I had been posting Newstar, if you had read carefully, will not resulted in such situation. If the above test failed, try to go back to the same shop & exchange for higher watts transformer.

So far, I had used Newstar 230w to run 17000, for long hours, at 3 modes, works well. Ditto on Dragonnite's 50250, also using Newstar 230w.

Any applicances connect to power socket will consume energy, normally I will unplug when not in use.

Try to run at low mode using the 200w transformer in continuos duration, if ok, move to mid mode, & so on, continuos duration roughly 1-2 hrs will be decent test.

Personally, I never tried Winstar, all the while, Kim & I had been posting Newstar, if you had read carefully, will not resulted in such situation. If the above test failed, try to go back to the same shop & exchange for higher watts transformer.

So far, I had used Newstar 230w to run 17000, for long hours, at 3 modes, works well. Ditto on Dragonnite's 50250, also using Newstar 230w.

Any applicances connect to power socket will consume energy, normally I will unplug when not in use.

Thanks for the advice. Will try it out.

Actually I had the transformer before I was even aware of this forum. :/

Will see if I can get the newstar.

Thanks again!!

"Make sure that your item's required wattage is less than the maximum capacity of the travel converter. We recommend at least 50% higher wattage converter than your item's required wattage. Certain products "spike" when they are switched on causing the wattage to exceed 2 or 3 times more than the stated wattage."

this was reply from a site selling transformer. this could be the reason for your problem.

initially i was also very tempted to get appliances from usa, but after some research decided not too as its too much trouble and wastage involved. whenever you are not using the transformer, remember to unplug it as it will still be consuming energy.

guys also remember that Most travel size voltage converters are not designed for continuous use. Unplug them from the outlet when not in use.

for purifier i would recommend a heavy duty transformer, since it will be on for long period of time.

71NB6lA0rnL._SL1500_.jpg

Thank you so much for the info.. Yep, lesson learnt :(

Any idea where I can get heavy duty transformer?

Hey I managed to get free ship for that r2d2 purifier but can advise me eve transformer to get?

Thanks

I assumed you had bought 50250, you can buy newstar 230w. I do have 1 spare, let me know if you are keen. $32. Brand new in box, tested working.

I've been reading through this entire thread and thankful for the info shared! Should be getting my place mid next year and already stocking up on things to buy. Awaiting my orders to come now. iParcel is really slow... Received some items I ordered later through DHL even before my earlier orders. Got the Honeywell 50150 and Vordano 630B too. From reading cheapest place to purchase would be at Mustafa for the Newstar 100W Converter(Vornado 630B) and Newstar 230W Converter(Honeywell 50150-N)? Just to confirm thanks!:)

I've been reading through this entire thread and thankful for the info shared! Should be getting my place mid next year and already stocking up on things to buy. Awaiting my orders to come now. iParcel is really slow... Received some items I ordered later through DHL even before my earlier orders. Got the Honeywell 50150 and Vordano 630B too. From reading cheapest place to purchase would be at Mustafa for the Newstar 100W Converter(Vornado 630B) and Newstar 230W Converter(Honeywell 50150-N)? Just to confirm thanks! :)

Good. U did your homework. :good::good:

I use 100W with my Vornado and 230W with my 50150N. So far so good.

Good. U did your homework. :good::good:

I use 100W with my Vornado and 230W with my 50150N. So far so good.

Kim loved gals/boys who read & listen carefully. :good::jammin: