Sign in to follow this  
Brianho

~ My Scandinavia Home ~

6921068635_e80ee5bf84_z.jpg

Next damage... $3k+++ Mitsubishi inverter

Compressor BTU 28K

Room 9k * 3

Living room 26K BTU * 1

Request for a very strong aircon in living room as normally 18K BTU would be enough however mine is a open concept which i am worried that the aircon would not be cool enough.

26K should be enough ba.... Didnt get my 3 + 1 system as it cost $1K more :bangwall:

Edited by Brianho

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

went up on last monday ... more details are drawn on wall liao. nowadays contractor like artist sia :dancingqueen:

6938649151_734b3fdd83_z.jpg

my box in display detail. looking forward sia

Edited by Brianho

Congrats! Nice design! But doesn't look Scandinavian though. By the way, are you hacking off the wall between master bedroom and the common room to make a walk-in wardrobe?

I agree that it doesn't look Scandinavian actually. Not enough wood and too much use of black and white (which is more modern rather than Scandi)

I don't quite get your living room 2nd idea though - where is the bar supposed to be??

6774783052_5438397dbd_z.jpg

Kitchen

The concept of the kitchen is very simple with wood backing and white solid top, pretty much what we wanted over here however the price of a dual bottom cabinet was very costly quoted which we are thinking whether to use ledge to replace one side instead.

love your kitchen design. so much functional top area, no need to keep any appliance into storage. mine is similiar, but i had different wood grains, and i use off-white and some black for a little contrast.

some points you are consider to keep the cost lower.

1) instead of glass backing, can consider glossy tiles. they are relatively cheap. my contractor was kind enough to sponsor me the free tile backing considering his margin made on the kitchen.

2) tabletop are not cheap. based on pfr, one feet of it cost almost the same as the lower cabinet itself. you can consider using a similiarly shaded laminate on the counter top on the right sided bottom cabinet. of course, laminate is not as tough as any real kitchen top, so that area will need to be a dry area. advantage....it should cost you next to nothing if you select this option.

3) forgo the top shelf. dollar for dollar wise, they offer little storage space as compared to the botton shelf. or build a smaller one in the section that storage space is really needed.

hope this helps.

Congrats! Nice design! But doesn't look Scandinavian though. By the way, are you hacking off the wall between master bedroom and the common room to make a walk-in wardrobe?

Hi Valerie

This is not the final design yet there will be 2 more changes which i will try to post tonight. We will be changing the feature wall to woody laminate and curtain to be light beige or brown. Trying to add more woody feature in.

Btw we are not doing a walk in wardrobe as our second room will be use for an entertainment room

Edited by Brianho

I agree that it doesn't look Scandinavian actually. Not enough wood and too much use of black and white (which is more modern rather than Scandi)

I don't quite get your living room 2nd idea though - where is the bar supposed to be??

Hi Striking

Do not include the fixture wall and the curtain they are out of our theme colour and this will be change

The bar is supposed to be on the right with a width of ard 15 cm long stretch from the divider to my door ard chest level. We are looking to place anime figurine in the box with glass backing as well as photo album on top. Secondly we can add 2 to 3 bar stool which would allow us to make it like a mini bar counter too

love your kitchen design. so much functional top area, no need to keep any appliance into storage. mine is similiar, but i had different wood grains, and i use off-white and some black for a little contrast.

some points you are consider to keep the cost lower.

1) instead of glass backing, can consider glossy tiles. they are relatively cheap. my contractor was kind enough to sponsor me the free tile backing considering his margin made on the kitchen.

2) tabletop are not cheap. based on pfr, one feet of it cost almost the same as the lower cabinet itself. you can consider using a similiarly shaded laminate on the counter top on the right sided bottom cabinet. of course, laminate is not as tough as any real kitchen top, so that area will need to be a dry area. advantage....it should cost you next to nothing if you select this option.

3) forgo the top shelf. dollar for dollar wise, they offer little storage space as compared to the botton shelf. or build a smaller one in the section that storage space is really needed.

hope this helps.

Hi Getzski

thanks for the idea :)

We chose the backing in the end as i think it is easier to clean up

We need the top cupboard as the design will evolve stay tune for more design hehe same with laminate issues

However i getting a little constriant on the design due to our budget now sad.... Pretty things dun come cheap

it looks like a 6k job....

Hit the spot... Over somemore as i will be adding a few more touch to kitchen update photos tonight

lol....agar agar guess...

anyhow, sharing my example with you so you have a realistic reference point.

20120113_134612.jpg

Nice concept but i do not have the space by the look Of your kitchen, it seems quite big lehz.

Now on my way hm. I will upload a few more design soon

Hi Striking

Do not include the fixture wall and the curtain they are out of our theme colour and this will be change

The bar is supposed to be on the right with a width of ard 15 cm long stretch from the divider to my door ard chest level. We are looking to place anime figurine in the box with glass backing as well as photo album on top. Secondly we can add 2 to 3 bar stool which would allow us to make it like a mini bar counter too

Do consider how often you will use it as a bar counter, cuz it will face the wall/anime figures, most people use it as a breakfast space, however, if the bar is too far from the kitchen, it defeats the purpose as well.

Anyway, my kitchen has a similar colour scheme to yours as well. :)

Anyway... wondering if i can change topic? from Scandinavia to Anime Figurine house...???

Since I been talking a lot about Anime figurine, display and such... i have decided to give some sneak preview of the figures which i bought with my wife to forum readers. Taken off internet photos as my box are not opened yet until my home are ready.

6923391283_45a898a3f1_z.jpg

Naruto Figuarts Zero bought in Japan

6777277126_b888edab0c_z.jpg

Sasuke Figuarts Zero bought in Japan

6777277258_be55b2d7b7_z.jpg

One piece brothers special bought in Japan

6777277390_3b369e514a_z.jpg

Aizen Figuarts Zero bought in SG

6777277516_188dd40cce_z.jpg

Ichigo Figuarts Zero bought in SG

All these figures will be displayed in my whole house as both me and my wife are manga and anime lovers.

Bad thing is that this is a rather expensive hobby as each figurine range up from $40 - $200+ depend on the quality and rareness.

Hopefully we have some Figurines lovers over here ;)

very nice collection!! which part of japan u bought them from? i was looking around in tokyo previously but couldnt find any. i have some assorted collection on transformer alternity and macross. trying to get my hands on some strong world p.o.p. below is 1 of them.

http://img.alibaba.com/img/pb/669/597/347/347597669_024.jpg

seems like u're from 274A. ur toilets are very bright with natural light. mines dark and gloomy though :(

looking forward to ur tblog and wishing u smooth reno ahead!

Edited by TooT