Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Brianho

~ My Scandinavia Home ~

Hi All

Have been surfing this T blog for quite sometimes now and decided to upload my own little home blog:)

My wife and i got the key for our punggol hse since last Nov but have been delaying as we have been finding suitable contractor, further delay was also due to CNY...

Well finally we are starting our Reno already, hopefully everything turns out to be what we expected..finger crossed.

Heres my floor plan for everyone reference;)

6920809823_d0db86695b_z.jpg

Edited by Brianho

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

will be backtracking a bit

Here my house..

6920864449_c4d1c9fd22_z.jpg

Living Room

Freaking ugly tiles on the living room... even though this tiles come with the premium flat option.. now we got to double pay to remove the tiles which we paid for in the beginning

6920852073_2950e34425_z.jpg

Kitchen

6774719214_3fbc92c2e2_z.jpg

Service Yard

6774740062_444c449efb_z.jpg

Master Bedroom

6920857329_892e7de7a3_z.jpg

Common Bedroom

Edited by Brianho

6774734414_5e58793844_z.jpg

Master Toilet

6774726444_d7a71d0817_z.jpg

Common Toilet

6920837727_6d5e11353e_z.jpg

Alley from MBR

sorry on the lighting on some of the photos... not a professional photographer as i was using my Samsung Note to take these photos too :)

No defects found except for a tight lighting switch which they replace in a day.

other than my bedroom tiles, i don't really like the rest of the tiles... especially my living room.!

Edited by Brianho

My Wife and I started hunting around for Reno ID on expo, referrers and we are more concerned on the ID portfolio instead of pricing at that point. We took around 1 mth searching for a suitable ID with our design in mind and search finally ended during an expo fair which my wife fall in love with the design portfolio and sign up the contract.

After signing of contract, we requested our ID to come out with 3D design based on our ideas before we finalised however ID begin to push back as they insist on the first 20% payment before providing 3D. Seriously unhappy about this but this should be common practice in the market nowadays as no ID provide 3D first :( After some nego, managed to convince them to get the 3D up for me by paying a down payment of $3k first.

The design of our house was requested based on Scandinavia design which we are looking for white and wood combination, after 2 long weeks of requesting, our initial 3D design was finally provided to us.

6774785088_58fc44653f_z.jpg

Living room

The concept of the living room was to have a divider in between so as to flush the wind direction with the alley which will lead to our master bedroom. I am not a particular big fan of fengshui and never got a fengshui master too. However i decided to stick with this at least in case the "qi" come in from our main door and leak out which means that i cannot keep my money well lol...

Second design of the living room was to have a long box which you see on the right of the room. The initial design given by me was actually a long stretch of box which could be used for display purposes and a bar counter with a few high stool. 3D turn out to be different from my idea...:(

6774783052_5438397dbd_z.jpg

Kitchen

The concept of the kitchen is very simple with wood backing and white solid top, pretty much what we wanted over here however the price of a dual bottom cabinet was very costly quoted which we are thinking whether to use ledge to replace one side instead.

6774785938_1c4de170ba_z.jpg

Master Bedroom

ID was given the luxury of coming out with their own design for our master bedroom as we didnt have any idea and it turn out to be what we wanted. The only two issue now lies with the wall fixture laminate (if i want to go light wood colour to match my theme or maintain) and wardrobe which i decided to use outside contractor to do it. Hopefully they are able to make the wardrobe close to the design.

My Wardrobe contractor was signed during expo as we are fascinated with their wardrobe design with fully customized shelving and glass design. The sliding door groove at the bottom was a v groove instead of the usual U groove that we saw and the contractor told us that they do not drill nails and bolts to secure the wardrobe to the floor. Wardrobe is fully detachable and removable should we want to move hse next time.

6920957721_3fc0696a82_z.jpg

Heres one of the wardrobe design by Amara La Casa

Did a search in the internet...Fair bit of positive and negative feedback about them. Hopefully mine will turn out to be the good one. Will post the design and shelving tomorrow. Finger cross........for this

Edited by Brianho

After some discussion with my wife, i decided to try "white" concept. Requested my ID to re-do the 3D for me

6920898367_00123a8c80_z.jpg

New Living room with divider (glass door) and display box change to white

6774781412_e49b6c3db3_z.jpg

New Kitchen with tall larder and btm cabinet change to ledge

the white concept looks very clean however both of us felt that the light wood design is more pleasant to the eye and looks better in long term. Maintenance should be a bit easier than full white.

Living Room

The designer was pretty lazy har.... left my dinning tables and chairs the same design as well as the dinning light.

Overall felt that this was too modern and not what we are looking for. Secondly as i said before we are intending to display a lot of anime Figurines and the white concept looks too clean for the display. The designer still cannot get the idea for my bar counter cum display counter :(

Kitchen

My wife like the closed kitchen concept but i personally felt that it was too cramped...didnt like the idea.

Therefore... we requested our ID on the last change as below.

6774784368_00bee8f082_z.jpg

Final Living room

The concept of this was change totally, some colour theme is mess up but we will fixed it during our selection of laminate.

Cupboard colour was suppose to be light woody colour. Feature wall light woody colour, curtain light beige colour, dinning table and chair woody colour. Floor and wall would be white colour. Please kindly try to imagine this theme in your mind ;)

The box in effect was changed from the original box out effect. We are thinking of putting a woody wall paper on the wall for more Scandinavia effect or just inside the box.

6774782150_1904d827bb_z.jpg

Final Kitchen

OPEN CONCEPT! i love open kitchen and finally managed to convince my wife. Some errors in the 3D again. For the top cabinet on the hood area, this should be just a backing cupboard (by the way backing cupboard cost the same...!&(#@*!(*@!). The wall on the top just beside the left of fridge should be fully hack.

Now i am deciding the woody ledge whether it should just be place on the bottom of the hack wall or extend fully to cover the side and top of the hack wall all the way to the living room area. I hope you all can understand what i am trying to mean -_-!

Master bedroom concept will remain, only thing is that the colour theme will definately be change to suit our living and kitchen too.

Lots of errors on the final 3D, but the contractor promised to give me the amended one once i got my room 80% up with all the furniture. He would then duplicate a 3D which look exactly like my design to help him promote.

The whole design and quoting took us from Dec till end of January which make me very unhappy as it was delayed way too long. However after the payment of 50%, things started more smoothly and ID showing their commitment. Hopefully it will continue this way till end of project.

Edited by Brianho

Anyway... wondering if i can change topic? from Scandinavia to Anime Figurine house...???

Since I been talking a lot about Anime figurine, display and such... i have decided to give some sneak preview of the figures which i bought with my wife to forum readers. Taken off internet photos as my box are not opened yet until my home are ready.

6923391283_45a898a3f1_z.jpg

Naruto Figuarts Zero bought in Japan

6777277126_b888edab0c_z.jpg

Sasuke Figuarts Zero bought in Japan

6777277258_be55b2d7b7_z.jpg

One piece brothers special bought in Japan

6777277390_3b369e514a_z.jpg

Aizen Figuarts Zero bought in SG

6777277516_188dd40cce_z.jpg

Ichigo Figuarts Zero bought in SG

All these figures will be displayed in my whole house as both me and my wife are manga and anime lovers.

Bad thing is that this is a rather expensive hobby as each figurine range up from $40 - $200+ depend on the quality and rareness.

Hopefully we have some Figurines lovers over here ;)

Edited by Brianho

After some time after CNY we finally kick start our project. My mum chose a good date and time to "dong tu". Not very into this kind of thing though but we play along with my mum haha. Got my contractor who is born not in the year of those animals that chiong with the date.

6921018133_7c502bba98_m.jpg

Knock Knock Knock

6774907456_916b63f84a_z.jpg

Drilling at work.. there goes my tiles

After that decided to go for a walk in expo....for furnishing display window shopping. Suppose to be really window shopping walking around... in the end spend so much... below my Damages:(

6938221515_93a9e0e8a9_z.jpg

My first Damage. Roman Delicooker. when i search the web... it is actually Vees Delicooker -_-. Looks real chio and use coil element to heat up instead of induction

6938222721_8082a83e9e_z.jpg

Read in forum that it uses round plug instead of normal 3 pin... turn me off. Hopefully my buy is right and i would not regret it :)

6938226969_d6a15ab530_z.jpg

Second Damage of the day.... Sealy Bed. Has been eyeing for one since long and the sales keep throwing in offer and lowering the price...

I settled for the Sealy glamour after testing a few bed. This bed is really very soft and shiok...but i must be seriously crazy and buy this.. Hopefully i would have a soundly sleep for 10years (warranty) for the price cryz!.

Decided to quickly end the window shopping and head home before spending much more :(

Edited by Brianho

First Week of Reno. Went down to chose tiles with my ID

6921015367_b1b09c7ef9_z.jpg

My tile second in the middle right side of black tile

Decided to drop by 3 days after choosing of the tiling

6921025599_bc1d75fc9a_z.jpg

Floor is already hacked with all the sands lay there ready for tiling

6774916416_414a48d203_z.jpg

Kitchen wall hack ;) Open concept yeah!

6774924850_5e35293ab9_z.jpg

This is how it looks like from behind

6921056929_241ea3887e_z.jpg

Common toilet sink hack away as well too.

Edited by Brianho

Went to my house again 2 days later...

6921047719_a1320e32d3_z.jpg

suddenly seeing many wires hanging around

6774922788_4a34a12d4e_z.jpg

and lying around....

6921028609_630579c957_z.jpg

and around my alley

6774935600_6bcf339802_z.jpg

heres the drawing for my box in display.

Edited by Brianho

Sorry still backtracking on my blog. :) forgive me folks

Arranged with citygas to come to my house. decided to lay a gas pipe to my kitchen even though i am not using gas currently and in case my delicooker doesnt serve me well, i have a second option

6774894764_4ce68a0819_z.jpg

Bronze piping. Would have to pain it white on the left side if not we will see a piping thru my open concept kitchen.

Pipe continue to run on the top... thru my service yard to....

6774897914_e317429d03_z.jpg

MY CITYGAS heater 10 litre per min of flow. FE10 model. Looks cool.

Anyone uses citygas heater? hows the flow of hot water. I have experience in my old hse on water storage heat run by electricity and it can only run hot water for like 8-10mins after which the water become cold...:( Heard that this citygas heater flow of hot water is very constant.

Edited by Brianho

Time off decided to go walk walk and shop for Sinks, Toilet stuff.

Went to Alamas in Jalan Besar for shopping as the i know the staff thru my bro.

6774890014_6d1eb15def_z.jpg

Decided to get this rain shower since i installed the citygas heater. really looking forward to test it out. Price wise.. not very cheap though. Chosen the most left one, was thinking of changing to the second left one, price wise $50 dollars difference

6921000275_7638f1db3e_z.jpg

Look thru the catalog of sink and fall in love with this Rubine NAQ 860 sink. Sleaky Black.! Nice

6774953664_e62e352a18_z.jpg

Got my Atrix tap to go along with my sink. Squarey design.

6921060539_5437ec25a8_z.jpg

Common Bathroom Bowl. Black transparent bowl to go along with my woody cabinet with white solid top.

6921064005_2ea71cea78_m.jpg

My squarey Bidet.

Bad photo taking :bow: paisey. people keep telling me note take photo good but so far i am not impressed at all lol. 8|

Edited by Brianho

6938533613_49d22d22da_z.jpg

Tiling started liao... first error... tiling area was too small in common bathroom. request ID to amend.. immediately agreed to my request :sport-smiley-018:

6792424488_20b33373d9_z.jpg

my Master bedroom curb.. nice work:)

6792439146_dbdced2392_z.jpg

Sneak preview of my tiling. wonder why it didnt flush since every piece is of the same size, but ID say it is normal. With skirting up this would be covered.

Edited by Brianho

6792475412_a7402acc8e_z.jpg

Started work on my beam which was hacked off for my close concept

6938594775_c05244718e_z.jpg

continuing....

6792540968_93254f8949_z.jpg

the finished work but found out that it is not flush lehz. ID say this will be cover up during install of false ceiling hope so ah if not i 8|

Edited by Brianho

last sat went down to chose our laminate as well as detailed drawing.. not enjoyable leh... spend 6 hrs wor! faint!!!! didn't know confirm a few things will take so long. lucky ID was patience lol

6792518164_2e46940929_z.jpg

look thru a few book. my wife still like the Lam Chuan series one.

6792508908_d9019b3a90_z.jpg

Chosen the Racemes maple WG620. going for light woody instead of dark colour one.

6938640263_d97442db67_z.jpg

will be matching with Asuka solid top

6792521680_6c45c4e449_z.jpg

as per our theme snow white top :yamseng:

Edited by Brianho

really quite amazed at the speed of their work. :sport-smiley-004: hope i can finish everything within this mth and move in early may before ching ming... :bow:

Edited by Brianho