Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Akitsuki

Serangoon North Renovation By Defong Interior Design

Yup to have all is more safe, coz our telco loves to play pricing game with us. I'm have been switching between telcos once my plan expired for better package. I would say the local telcos dun really have much CRM, they dun know how to retain old customers.

My eletrician ah soon is pretty good, all these details he has reminded me. :sport-smiley-004:

We change plan to another service provider when the provider provides better freebies than the current one we subscribe. We swop around too

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

DAY THIRTY-NINE

Finally, after waiting for almost a month, the opennet people are here to install opennet box for us. There is no earlier appointment, other than today (the earliest date we were assigned for). We missed the time frame when Opennet offers free installation, hence we need to pay $220 for installation. Luckily, Singtel is kind enough to help us liaise with Opennet to make appointment since we are signing the fiber broadband with them. On top of that, they gave us free 6 months' usage of fiber broadband when we sign up for Singtel fiber broadband :dancingqueen: That means to say, our opennet box installation is FOC! We gain free 6 months' subscription fees, and we use this 6 months payment to pay for Opennet installation. It's worth it! :dribble:

This is how the Opennet fiber trunking runs. We try to find the best route and minimize the trunking route. Luckily Opennet installer said that the fiber can go through the electrical trunking at the bottom, then connect with new trunking, to the new Opennet box. Actually cannot run same trunking as electrical wires as this will influence the frequency of the fiber wire, but anyways, it is for home usage, so it doesn't matter.

It only took Opennet 20 minutes to pull the fiber and install the box. I would say they are efficient. Their installers are bangalah, mine electrician also bangalah, why he can't work as fast as them?! :curse:

Haha... i like "Their installers are bangalah, mine electrician also bangalah, why he can't work as fast as them?!" funny! i oso missed the OpenNet free installation. Will be engaging an electrician to do rewiring of house house. He's asking me do i need a Cat 6 wire, SCV point etc etc... i oso not too sure. Is SCV and TC point the same? Cooker Hood and Hob wiring points different?

Btw, can't really see the wood grains on yr tiles. If u choose different color tiles for living and bedrooms, will the door join areas look weird? Mind sharing wif me how much per sq ft is yr floor tiles?

I think it is better to install phone line. Singtel broadband needs a land line for their broadband and my old folks prefer home line than handphone.

First time using fiber broadband, not very sure how it works. Don't know if fiber modem can work without phone line or not. But if the fiber modem can work without a phone line, then I don't need a phone line. I want to sack the electrician not because of the phone line, is because of many other issues. My father just visited our house and asked why the meter box is wrapped with red tape. He is going to tell the bangalah to pay for a new replacement meter box. We suspect he broke the meter box cover. Haiz...

where the bangalah boss???

Haha... i like "Their installers are bangalah, mine electrician also bangalah, why he can't work as fast as them?!" funny! i oso missed the OpenNet free installation. Will be engaging an electrician to do rewiring of house house. He's asking me do i need a Cat 6 wire, SCV point etc etc... i oso not too sure. Is SCV and TC point the same? Cooker Hood and Hob wiring points different?

Btw, can't really see the wood grains on yr tiles. If u choose different color tiles for living and bedrooms, will the door join areas look weird? Mind sharing wif me how much per sq ft is yr floor tiles?

SCV point is TV point - same term.

Why need wiring points for cooker hood and hob is because to hide the dangling cables from cooker hob and hood to plug to power socket. So all you see is power on/off switch only, not the plug head or wire from the cooker hob & hood. It depends if you are buying induction hob or using gas hob. If you are using gas hob, then you don't need wire point for hob. I shall take photos and show you tomorrow. Forgot to take just now, the electrician has fixed the cooker hood and oven wire points today.

Actually the floor tiles look okay, don't look weird when two different tile colors combine with each other. It is the same as living room floor tiles are homogeneous tiles, and the bedrooms are laminate floorings. Both don't look weird too. Ours floor tiles quoted price should be similar to your quotation. Unless you opt for higher grade floorings.

I think it is better to install phone line. Singtel broadband needs a land line for their broadband and my old folks prefer home line than handphone.

I asked my father and hubby. Both say don't need phone line if we are using fiber internet. Like what May says, can just plug the phone to the fiber modem, don't need to add phone socket

where the bangalah boss???

My father loh. He is the boss.

See what the bangalah did to my meter box

51.jpg

For the amount we pay, that is the amount of work we get. :furious:

Edited by ayazumi

END OF DAY THIRTY-NINE

Thanks to Hubby's hard work. Today, he spent half of his day in the house to repaint the toilet pipes to white color because I wanted so much to change the color for the toilet pipes :wub: And here's the result of his effort:

Common toilet

52.jpg

MBR toilet

53.jpg

Do they look better now?

Edited by ayazumi

Singtel ADSL broadband need phone line for both Internet and phone. Singtel fiber broadband do not need phone line as everything via fiber optic cable for Internet, land phone, and mio tv.

Thanks to Hubby's hard work. Today, he spent half of his day in the house to repaint the toilet pipes to white color because I wanted so much to change the color for the toilet pipes :wub: And here's the result of his effort:

Common toilet

2012-04-23201244.jpg

MBR toilet

2012-04-23205513.jpg

Do they look better now?

much much better!! Salute him for doing what the wife wanted!! Such loving husband.... Result also much better.

much much better!! Salute him for doing what the wife wanted!! Such loving husband.... Result also much better.

Yes, he's the loving one, I'm the big bully.

He likes to DIY things, feel more satisfied if he can do hands-on things. He even touch up the painting work for the doors and door frames in case the painters do not have sufficient time to do the painting work this Thursday/Friday. He is also thinking if want to paint the main door white color or not.

SCV point is TV point - same term.

Why need wiring points for cooker hood and hob is because to hide the dangling cables from cooker hob and hood to plug to power socket. So all you see is power on/off switch only, not the plug head or wire from the cooker hob & hood. It depends if you are buying induction hob or using gas hob. If you are using gas hob, then you don't need wire point for hob. I shall take photos and show you tomorrow. Forgot to take just now, the electrician has fixed the cooker hood and oven wire points today.

Actually the floor tiles look okay, don't look weird when two different tile colors combine with each other. It is the same as living room floor tiles are homogeneous tiles, and the bedrooms are laminate floorings. Both don't look weird too. Ours floor tiles quoted price should be similar to your quotation. Unless you opt for higher grade floorings.

I asked my father and hubby. Both say don't need phone line if we are using fiber internet. Like what May says, can just plug the phone to the fiber modem, don't need to add phone socket

My father loh. He is the boss.

See what the bangalah did to my meter box

2012-04-23203747.jpg

For the amount we pay, that is the amount of work we get. :furious:

wahaha..your dad is banglah boss :D :D then how...ask your dad sack the banglah

PROBLEM ARISE

Everytime I step into the MBR, I smell something very smelly coming from the toilet, but not sure if it is from the toilet. Yesterday, we bought dettol multi-purpose wash and washed the toilets. For that moment, the toilet smell very nice. I thought the problem was resolved. This evening, I went to the house after work, and entered in the MBR. Again, the smell came back. And guess what? Look at the picture below:

54.png

55.jpg

Hubby found that the cap for this part of the air pipe was missing, that's why the awful smell came out from this hole. We don't know why nobody alert us that the cap is missing, and that it is causing the toilet and MBR so smelly. By right the plumber or the painter should have realised this much earlier than us, but no one told us about this. They could have informed us if we want a replacement cap for the air pipe. It is really very smelly, even I close the toilet door, the smell still come out from don't know where. Luckily we decided to repaint the toilet pipe today, and that was how we found out the smelly issue came from. Otherwise we will be kept in the dark, everyday wonder where or why the smell came from. My father was with us, so I informed him about this. He measured the dimension of the hole, and will help us to find the right size cap to stuff the hole to prevent the smell from coming out. I can't imagine if we did not find out about this problem, we will be sleeping in a smelly bedroom. O M G! :jawdrop:

Edited by ayazumi

wahaha..your dad is banglah boss :D :D then how...ask your dad sack the banglah

Ask the bangalah to replace a new meter box, if not, I think the PUB will fine us for the damage.

Aki is a good husband! Anyway, your toilets look great with white pipes. The yellow/golden/ brown ones were weird..

Here comes our DIY project - the bird cage light pendant!

2012-04-21153231.jpg

My S2 did not manage to capture good pictures of the pendant lights. The design - shadow casted by the bird cage onto the ceiling - is really very nice. I’m loving it.

:dribble: nice lamp. Such a pity that I don't know where to put this in my new flat.. Thanks for sharing.

Aki is a good husband! Anyway, your toilets look great with white pipes. The yellow/golden/ brown ones were weird..

:dribble: nice lamp. Such a pity that I don't know where to put this in my new flat.. Thanks for sharing.

Hi piknik. Yeah, I thought for many days and finally decided to ask Hubby to paint the pipes in white color. I hope the white pipe will not turn "brown" immediately ;)

Thanks for liking the bird cage.