Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Akitsuki

Serangoon North Renovation By Defong Interior Design

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

DAY FORTY

24 April - the kitchen cabinet solid worktop is up! This photo is taken by our contractor; this is how the kitchen cabinet looks like during day time:

59.jpg

The tile back splash looks like black glass. The tiles is brown, but I like the effect that the tiles look like black glass.

This is how the kitchen cabinet looks like during night time.

60.jpg

61.jpg

Isn't the kitchen cabinet look prettier now? :wub: Waiting for the plumbers to come this Thursday (tomorrow) to fix the sink tap and the bathroom accessories. Today the tilers will be coming to rectify the remaining hollow tiles and skirting under the gypsum board.

Hi,

May i know the color of your Tecno stove? Yours is the white or the silver color? Your kitchen config really looks great. :yamseng:

Your kitchen looks so cosy! :wub:

The white solid surface really bright up the place.

Are there any lights below the top cabinet?

And what's the thing for 马桶旁边? :P

Edited by ValerieLow

Hi,

May i know the color of your Tecno stove? Yours is the white or the silver color? Your kitchen config really looks great. :yamseng:

Hi Terrain, the stove color that we got is silver. Thank you for the compliment.

Wow, I think you really spend big on kitchen, the design looks futuristic :yamseng:

Hi Hoo, I agree, we spent most of our money in the kitchen.

Your kitchen looks so cosy! :wub:

The white solid surface really bright up the place.

Are there any lights below the top cabinet?

And what's the thing for 马桶旁边? :P

Hi Valerie, luckily Hubby insisted to have white solid top. Initially I wanted cream or beige worktop, but after comparing with the brown back splash tiles, we find that white worktop suits better, but surprisingly the back splash turns out a darker brown/black color which is a much better effect than the sample tile we got. We bought 1mtr LED light strip, will install under the top cabinet when we clean up the kitchen. Today the workers are doing tiling work, so I didn't clean the kitchen cabinet yesterday, therefore never install the LED strip.

Haha... the thing beside toilet bowl is the towel rack. We made a mistake by buying a longer towel rack, end up cannot install above MBR toilet wc as the air pipe is blocking. No choice got to install the towel rack beside the wc. The common toilet is okay, we got the shorter width towel rack, can fit nicely above the wc. (PS: Latest update! Photos uploading soon)

Edited by ayazumi

DAY FORTY-ONE

We thought writing Chinese characters on the bathroom accessories is sufficient for the plumbers to understand, but still, we cannot assume they really know where we want our accessories to install. True, if install incorrectly, can reinstall again, but will you want to have many holes on your toilet wall tiles? :o In order to make sure the plumbers know where we want to install our accessories, our contractor Kevin makes his trip to our house and helps us to do the marking in the toilets

This is Kevin, helping us to do the marking for hook:

68.jpg

In MBR toilet

Problem resolved, shall hang the towel rack above the MBR wc but at higher height. I hope I can reach for the towel

69.jpg

The after result:

71.jpg

Look at the half Chinese half English characters. Hahahaha.... Same as me. Words too difficult or don't know how to write in Chinese shall write in English. :rofl:

Kevin will get the plumber to help me replace the missing cap. Smelly air pipe!

72.jpg

Edited by ayazumi

In Common toilet

The metal basket for shampoos will install here

74.jpg

Transparent silicon will be replaced with white silicon. Transparent silicon is nice, but when contact with water or dirt, it becomes very obvious. So we want white silicon for this basin. As mentioned in earlier post, this basin has manufacturing/moulding defect, so the plumber applied more silicon for this basin.

73.jpg

Towel rack above the wc (Ideal position)

70.jpg

The after result:

75.jpg

END OF DAY THIRTY-SEVEN

Finally, we see “hope” in the darkness

19.jpg

The lights are up and running. 80% of the electrical work is completed, except the MBR, kitchen, and toilets’ lights are not up yet. The kitchen cabinet power sockets are not ready yet, hopefully the electrician can complete his work by tomorrow. We have planned for a long schedule tomorrow as we are still finding a suitable TV console to suit our liking. Last Wednesday afternoon, I went to Lorenzo showroom to find something that I can accept for an exchange. In the end, I couldn’t find something that I like. Either the length of the TV console is too short (about 1.8mtr long), or too dark to suit our living room color, so I asked for refund. And guess what? The refund process will take 3-4 weeks! O M G! I thought refund transaction can be very fast, but Lorenzo accounts needs to take 3-4 weeks to process the refund. They talked about writing a report (why I want to get my refund, why they can’t deliver the item that I ordered initially, etc etc), liaise with the bank, then refund the money to me. What the… We suspect the TV console that we ordered is not because of the reason of defect, so they reject the shipment. The possible reason is because the TV console model is about 5-6years ago model, so they want to stop the production of this TV console, hence they came up with a terrific excuse to make us choose something else, so they need not do this TV console for us. After that, we went to Furniture Mall on that very day evening. We walked to Lorenzo showroom and saw that the piece of TV console we ordered was no longer there for display. Luckily we decided to get back our refund, otherwise, who knows they will varnish the old TV console and deliver to us?! If we cannot find a suitable TV console, we guess no choice; really need to find a carpenter to custom-made a TV console for us.

This is how our living room lightings look like. It requires three light tubes and come with a remote control to on/off one, two or all lightings. So fun to play with.

20.jpg

21.jpg

Our contractor has highlighted to us about the living room light placement. He said for design and practical use, the lightings should place in vertical line, instead of horizontal line. True enough, I tested the living room lightings and visualized where I would be sitting. My concern is that if the lightings are above my head or behind my head, it will cast a shadow in front of me (because of my head) when I am reading a material. And tested proven, there is a shadow in front of me. It will be more practical if place the lightings in “1” shape, instead of “T” shape. It was partly my fault because I have forgotten that my living room lightings are rectangular shape. I kept thinking that my living room lights were in square shape. Tomorrow I am going to ask the electrician to swop the position of the lightings in the living room.

Another issue is that the electrician needs to do a small hole on the light casing to allow the wires to go in. If we swop the lighting positions, we can see the small hole from the horizontal view. Though it is just a small hole and nobody will really rise up their heads and stare at my lightings to notice the hole, but I know about this issue, hence I will keep looking at the hole now and then. Hubby said it was okay, nobody would notice. I told him: Good luck! Lizards will find their way into the hole and stay in the light box.

The bedrooms’ lightings are okay. All should place in “T” shape to facilitate brightness.

This is how our study room and arts room lightings look like. It comes in two light tube; no remote control. I prefer lights with two light tubes, compare with one light tube. Two light tubes can really shine the room very bright. I don’t like dim rooms.

22.jpg

23.jpg

If your base is white color, you can use those white electrical tape to cover the hole (do it on both inside & outside so that it will never drop). Also cut nicely so that you might not get to catch that sticker there. (i.e. outside cut exactly the size of the hole, inside larger, so it kinda flush).....

DAY FORTY

61.jpg

I like this type of open concept of dish tray and can hang wine glass will be even better.

Your sink does look big (I like)

Lastly, the white exposed portion on the right of the sink bottom. Will it look better with the laminates instead of white colour?

Just my opinion

If your base is white color, you can use those white electrical tape to cover the hole (do it on both inside & outside so that it will never drop). Also cut nicely so that you might not get to catch that sticker there. (i.e. outside cut exactly the size of the hole, inside larger, so it kinda flush).....

My hubby is a handyman, he may understand this concept better. I ask him to read your message. Hehe.... I am more of a planner only.

I think I get what you mean. To cover the light casing hole. In the end we didn't change the light position, not allowed to change because of fengshui

I like this type of open concept of dish tray and can hang wine glass will be even better.

Your sink does look big (I like)

Lastly, the white exposed portion on the right of the sink bottom. Will it look better with the laminates instead of white colour?

Just my opinion

Luckily we decide to change the sink, now it matches well with the dish rack width. If sink too big/small, it might not look nice with the open concept dish rack.

Our kitchen design was proposed by my contractor. Initially we wanted top white, bottom wood laminate, but he proposes the current design and told us it will turn out nicer. I have no objection because I later saw a design from someone's blog, so I didn't against the design when he proposed that (I am a copycat :P ) So I think the side with white laminate looks nice and easy to maintain since it is glossy white, but I would love the side white laminate more if it is fully flush with the solid top.

76.jpg

Edited by ayazumi

Looks like your house is ready, when you guys plan to move in?

Almost ready. Tomorrow plumbers and painters coming in to install bathroom accessories and repaint the walls due to uneven tone colors, then the contractor will hand over the house to us this Friday. Furnitures are coming in this Saturday and Sunday. We are moving in on 6 May, next Sunday.

Edited by ayazumi

Almost ready. Tomorrow plumbers and painters coming in to install bathroom accessories and repaint the walls due to uneven tone colors, then the contractor will hand over the house to us this Friday. Furnitures are coming in this Saturday and Sunday. We are moving in on 6 May, next Sunday.

Congrat :yamseng: Got house warming or not? :rolleyes:

Congrats for moving in soon :)

Btw, who checked the fengshui for your home?