Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Akitsuki

Serangoon North Renovation By Defong Interior Design

I bought 3 sets of cordell, 2 sets of 25 pieces and 1 set of 15 pieces then I also bought those lose pieces from ntuc. Haha..... So u should buy more for parties, cos now u can always have parties at home.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi May. Not sure why, but it feels quite uncomfortable to step on homogeneous tiles than old housing ceramic tiles. I can feel the gaps of the grout lines. This is our first time stepping on homogeneous tiles, not very sure how others' houses homogeneous floorings feel like, that's why we conclude not to have homogeneous tiles for our next home.

I don't think I can buy more Corelle set, otherwise Hubby going to nag and reason with me why I need so many sets when there is only two persons at home.

Hi Valerie. Thank you for liking our home. The shower curtains block out the ugly pipes, now the toilets look much more nicer now. Luckily we didn't want to do shower screen because we do not intend to hide the pipes, so it doesn't really look good with the shower screen + pipe in toilet, unless we box up the pipes. IKEA will be coming at 2-6PM, hopefully they can come earlier so we need to spend whole afternoon to wait for them to complete the work. We want to go NTUC again to stock up food supplies. We are so kiasu :P I will not be on leave tomorrow, so no choice, tired also need to go to work, but I will taking leave next Wednesday to wait for the blinds installation and the sofa delivery.

For the mattress, we choose the medium range - not soft, not very firm, but it's firm + soft. Hubby fell in love with the bed when he lies down on the mattress and insist wanting this bed, hence we buy the bed. We tried King Koil, but it was not to our liking - some are too soft, some are too hard, and the mattresses have weird latex smell. We also heard feedbacks about King Koil beds sink after a few years. By right good mattresses can last a good 10 years or more, but King Koil mattresss cannot. We tried Sealy, but the mattress is too soft for our liking; when lie down, I feel a little "seasick". Maybe the mattress is too soft and not firm, that's why I feel uncomfortable and sick when lying on Sealy. We tried Maxcoil, slightly better than King Koil when we tested, but we didn't get the mattress because the brand name looks so uncommon and unpopular. We also tried Simmons, but the mattresses are too expensive. The normal range for Simmon mattress is so-so only, don't give us the WOW feel when we lie down. The "better" ranges (we didn't try) are very expensive. The normal range Simmon mattress cost as much as our Dunlopillo mattress, so might as well take Dunlop since the mattress is comfy though price is expensive, but a good bed is essential for a good rest. I know some brands carry two different mattress to put together for couples who face the same situation as you - one want soft mattress, the other want firm mattress. Maybe you and your hubby can opt for two different mattress firmness buy taking this option.

Wow, thanks for giving feedback on most of the brands! :good: In my opinion, the Maxcoil mattress is not so good. We bought this bed 1 year ago and I don't really like it. As we are staying at a rental place, so at that time we were just thinking to buy a mattress temporary cos we were preparing for our wedding in September last year so just cincai buy 1 first. Got cheated by the furniture guy saying it is a Maxcoil brand but actually, it is just an OEM version. Anyway, maybe we will not purchase a new mattress for our new home but rather add a good mattress pad on top of it and use it for the time being until we find the one that suit us most.

Hi May. Not sure why, but it feels quite uncomfortable to step on homogeneous tiles than old housing ceramic tiles. I can feel the gaps of the grout lines. This is our first time stepping on homogeneous tiles, not very sure how others' houses homogeneous floorings feel like, that's why we conclude not to have homogeneous tiles for our next home.

I don't think I can buy more Corelle set, otherwise Hubby going to nag and reason with me why I need so many sets when there is only two persons at home.

Most flats nowadays uses homogeneous tiles. You can go do more house viewing or house warming. Hehe....

Haha.... You have nice big kitchen so should buy nice accessories..... Correll are good buy! No harm getting more for future.

Did you go to the place where i told you to, to purchase the LED strips?

Hi bincho, I don't remember you told me about this. Hubby read from someone's T-blog and got to know the location where to buy the LED strip. We went to Sim Lim Tower Level 3 to buy the LED strip.

This is some of the other purchases that we bought from Courts.

The Panasonic inverter fridge:

2012-04-28145637.jpg

Samsung top load 8kg washer. The space is sufficient to put a quilt cover and king fitted sheet. I think still have space for two more towels, but I didn't squeeze the towels to wash together with the quilt set, scared that the new towels furry furry will stick to the new bedsheet set, so it is better to avoid washing new towels with clothes, bedsheets, and other stuff. It is always better to dip your new towels in a pail of water, so that the color will come off, or the furry furry will come out in the water too. So far I have use the washer twice yesterday, the washer is pretty good, no strong vibration, and when the machine comes to an end, it gives out cute melody tone. I like to hum along when the washer ends. Haha...

2012-04-28145729.jpg

Here comes the IKEA shower rail. We thought this thing was easy stuff, within 5 minutes we would be able to fix it. Who knows we took more than half hour to fix this shower railing?! :curse: Hubby has to go to YouTube to search for help on how to fix the IKEA shower pole. IKEA should also print how to extend the pole, rather than printing pictures on the cover to teach us how to fix the pole to the wall. Overall, it is a pretty good experience.

This is how our MBR toilet looks like now, with the shower curtain

2012-04-28145948.jpg

I did not take our Common toilet because it was in a mess - with many pails and cloths. When I tidy up the place, I will make up for more photos :notti:

Remember the main concern that I had for the uneven kitchen wall to the living room, and was later flushed with gypsum board to make the two walls even together? I also asked for even skirting level with the kitchen wall tiles. This is the finished product. The two walls have joint together now. So much prettier now.

2012-04-28152136.jpg

I shall continue later. Got to sleep now, very tired zz Good night all!

Nice fridge. I gotten this from HN last week. :yamseng:

Nice fridge. I gotten this from HN last week. :yamseng:

Yes, we got the same fridge, I just saw your post. We still have not figure out how to tighten the wheels or the front stoppers to prevent the fridge from sliding out whenever we pull open the fridge. Maybe the fridge is still new, it is kinda difficult to pull open - very "air tight", which is a good thing. I don't like fridge which does not stick well or tightly. Now we have to push the bottom freezer inwards, then pull the fridge door open.

Yes, we got the same fridge, I just saw your post. We still have not figure out how to tighten the wheels or the front stoppers to prevent the fridge from sliding out whenever we pull open the fridge. Maybe the fridge is still new, it is kinda difficult to pull open - very "air tight", which is a good thing. I don't like fridge which does not stick well or tightly. Now we have to push the bottom freezer inwards, then pull the fridge door open.

:o The fridge base has wheels?! How to prevent it from moving like that? Gosh..i didn't know that,

:o The fridge base has wheels?! How to prevent it from moving like that? Gosh..i didn't know that,

The fridge has two back wheels, and two front stoppers. We are still figuring out, I think need to tighten the front stoppers. Hubby tried to tighten the front stoppers, the fridge didn't move forward as badly as we first received the fridge. Probably need to refer back the manual instruction and see how to stop the fridge from moving forward whenever we pull open the fridge door

Wow Aya, salute to you for being so loyal to your blog (or rather Aki's blog) during these tired days. You should probably imagine how's your future years gonna be, when hubby go for sleep, wife will have to feed babies. Hahaha, why Aki gone missing?? zz

Separately, we got the same washer from Mega yesterday..

Wow Aya, salute to you for being so loyal to your blog (or rather Aki's blog) during these tired days. You should probably imagine how's your future years gonna be, when hubby go for sleep, wife will have to feed babies. Hahaha, why Aki gone missing?? zz

lol i didnt go missing.. i figure that my wife is a better narrator than me.. so let her tell our reno journey better.. hee.. i do all the practical work :sport-smiley-003:

Edited by Akitsuki

Just when I thought the washer was a good buy, yesterday both me and Hubby were standing in front of the washer, and suddenly it gave a loud bang noise, then it stopped and started to refill the water again. We were shocked by the loud noise. This washer wastes a lot of water. Don't know why keep refilling the water, wash, rinse, refill over and over again. Now I'm using quick wash for every wash. The other program functions waste a lot of water. Even when I press Level 1 water, the water level is still too much. Water Level 7 is extreme! It fills the water to the rim, like going to overflow inside the washer. I will keep monitoring the washer. The Courts delivery guy told me this washer is automatic, so don't need to press the water level, but I can't ignore the water level in the washer. Water wastage too much. Not sure why, Samsung gives us the impression that their SMART phones and TV are good, but not for washing machines.

Edited by ayazumi

Hi bincho, I don't remember you told me about this. Hubby read from someone's T-blog and got to know the location where to buy the LED strip. We went to Sim Lim Tower Level 3 to buy the LED strip.

ya that is the place i told you to go too :)