Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Akitsuki

Serangoon North Renovation By Defong Interior Design

ya that is the place i told you to go too :)

Oh oh... Haha... sorry, forgot about it. We bought last month, and yesterday we installed the LED strip under the top cabinet. Need to clear the kitchen first before taking nice photos.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Just when I thought the washer was a good buy, yesterday both me and Hubby were standing in front of the washer, and suddenly it gave a loud bang noise, then it stopped and started to refill the water again. We were shocked by the loud noise. This washer wastes a lot of water. Don't know why keep refilling the water, wash, rinse, refill over and over again. Now I'm using quick wash for every wash. The other program functions waste a lot of water. Even when I press Level 1 water, the water level is still too much. Water Level 7 is extreme! It fills the water to the rim, like going to overflow inside the washer. I will keep monitoring the washer. The Courts delivery guy told me this washer is automatic, so don't need to press the water level, but I can't ignore the water level in the washer. Water wastage too much. Not sure why, Samsung gives us the impression that their SMART phones and TV are good, but not for washing machines.

There must be a bad apple in every 10, I still looking forward to tha washer, anyway bought already mah, just try to convience myself.

There must be a bad apple in every 10, I still looking forward to tha washer, anyway bought already mah, just try to convience myself.

I don't want to be one of the unlucky one. :~

btw, the 'hollow tile' tool is very very useful. It can detect hollow tiles in hard to reach places, eg wall tiles and the sound is distinctive enough to tell you the difference with one knock. Save time and energy.

I borrowed from them and found that I gave the tiler more sleepless nights..haha

I told my wife it can be used for 2 purposes in addition to checking for defective hollow tiles after tiling work has been completed.

1) When you want to buy a resale flat and you are not sure of the condition of the tiles vis the high COV that you are paying for. So when you are viewing the house for a second time and before OTP, take this tool and knock on the tiles in front of the seller. If you are hacking the tiles, obviously you will incur higher renovation costs. If the tiles are ok, you can overlay with tiles/laminate floor. If the condition of the seller's tiles are not ideal, maybe can bargain for lower COV with the seller. I learnt my lesson here. I paid high COV. Initially the tiles seems to be ok, and I thought of overlaying my bedrooms with floor laminates. Turned out that during hacking, the tiles doesnt seem to be too ok and my wife and I thought that since we are going to stay in this unit for 20 years, might as well hack and redo the tiles. Cost me an additional $1K to hack the old tiles.

2) When I bought my unit, I told my property agent that the COV was very high and coupled with the upcoming renovation cost, it would be very challenging. The property agent said the tiles looked ok, and he recently bought his own unit and overlay the tiles, so I could also overlay the tiles to save money from hacking. Later, after the OTP, I found out that my agent bought a BTO where obviously the tiles are in better condition. My resale flat has been around for 21 years leh. But I was silly to believe. After I handled over the cheque for OTP and paid a high COV, the agent changed his lines and told me that if I want to change the floor tiles to homogenous tiles for better modern look, might as well do it now since next time when I move in, it will be noisy and troublesome to hack and change the floor tiles. So if scenario 1 happens, you take the hollow tile tool and knock on the agent's head to see if the agent's head is hollow as well and demand the agent to compensate you for misleading information regarding the unit's condition.

Just when I thought the washer was a good buy, yesterday both me and Hubby were standing in front of the washer, and suddenly it gave a loud bang noise, then it stopped and started to refill the water again. We were shocked by the loud noise. This washer wastes a lot of water. Don't know why keep refilling the water, wash, rinse, refill over and over again. Now I'm using quick wash for every wash. The other program functions waste a lot of water. Even when I press Level 1 water, the water level is still too much. Water Level 7 is extreme! It fills the water to the rim, like going to overflow inside the washer. I will keep monitoring the washer. The Courts delivery guy told me this washer is automatic, so don't need to press the water level, but I can't ignore the water level in the washer. Water wastage too much. Not sure why, Samsung gives us the impression that their SMART phones and TV are good, but not for washing machines.

i shall go home and read through the instructions to see if there is anyway it can help to save water ba.. :jawdrop:

the chairs we ordered from gmarket is here XD didnt expect the box to be so big... lucky only ordered 2 first.. if not i wonder how am i gonna carry all of it home... heee..

the chairs we ordered from gmarket is here XD didnt expect the box to be so big... lucky only ordered 2 first.. if not i wonder how am i gonna carry all of it home... heee..

Please share picture leh

Ahhh... Can see Hubby is overly excited when receiving the chairs. Finally we received the shipment from the seller. It takes about 5 working days or less to reach us.

The not-yet assemble chairs

IMG-20120430-WA0000.jpg

Edited by ayazumi

Ahhh... Can see Hubby is overly excited when receiving the chairs. Finally we received the shipment from the seller. It takes about 5 working days or less to reach us.

The not-yet assemble chairs

IMG-20120430-WA0000.jpg

Aya, I thought you are buying the懒人沙发la

Aya, I thought you are buying the懒人沙发la

Haha... We didn't buy the red "sofa". Initially wanted to buy, but I saw a better one, one that I saw via online and aim very very long, but I'm sure the price is SUPER DUPER EXPENSIVE! So I want to save more before I step in the shop and ask for the price.

BTW the chairs are from the same seller

Edited by ayazumi

Maybe you can check how many rinse you selected? I'm using a front loading washer from Samsung, the default is 2 rinse but can select up to 5 rinse.

No wonder, I search "sofa" and it doesn't turn up. Between as mentioned in the site, the manufacturer is from China also le

Now many things manufacture from China, it's very common nowadays. Even IKEA products also manufacture from China.