Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Akitsuki

Serangoon North Renovation By Defong Interior Design

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Ayazumi,

Mind sharing ur contractor contact and the damage for the renovation?

Thanks

hi :) can u msg me your contractor and packages pls thanks :)

Hi there, thank you for dropping by. I have pm-ed you.

Edited by ayazumi

Our renovation completes on DAY FORTY-TWO. Final touch-up was completed yesterday (Friday), though the piece of chocolate wall is still uneven we don't know why. Hubby has decided to DIY touch up the chocolate feature wall, we see if there is any balance brown paint, otherwise we will purchase a better quality paint to do the wall. That is my favorite piece of wall and color, so Hubby is extremely careful with it :wub:

After a long day at work, we immediately rushed home and started our very first house-chore in our new home

2012-04-27222951.jpg

Sad, friends are enjoying and partying on Friday night, but not too bad for us, we enjoy our night at our new home. We end up cleaning the house until 3AM today zz

Our furnitures are coming in today and tomorrow. Bet we will have a tiring weekends ahead. Except the sofa delivery, we were kind of disappointed with them. Supposingly to deliver today, but they called to say they did not have enough time to fabricate the sofa. I was a little confused, what do they mean not enough time? We ordered the sofa on 11 March, and now it's coming to 2 months, the sofa is not ready yet? Then the latter excuse was they were busy with the shifting from Furniture Mall to new place, so they might not have time to handle the delivery. Again, I was confused. When I called last Monday/Tuesday to hope to change to next week day, afraid that the sofa might block the curtain maker's way, I asked to deliver next Wednesday. However, one of the sales rep told me they could only deliver this week, not next week. The next earlier delivery is after 8 May. Later on, another sales lady called to Hubby and said they could only deliver next Thursday/Friday. We insisted to request for Wednesday delivery since I would be on leave to wait for the blinds. Most frustrating part is, they said they would call back to confirm if to deliver on next Wednesday, but they didn't call back! We kept calling their showroom, but the lines were busy. When we got through the phone, we got to know from the sales rep that the sales lady who sold us the sofa has already left their company, then they willing to help us check on our delivery. If Hubby didn't ask for the sales lady who sold us the sofa, the staff won't help us to check our delivery, and push us with another telephone number to call to check our delivery. So frustrating! To our surprise, we were told that the sales rep who called us to change delivery date had already confirmed next Wednesday delivery, but the problem we are upset is she didn't call us back to confirm if this arrangement was agreeable to them. What a service! :furious: This is our last and only piece. Since they are moving to Toh Guan (luckily), I don't think I will visit that faraway place ever.

You clean till 3am and work up at 6plus?? Have enough sleep or not??

Excited to move also must take care. Weather so late lately that it's easy to be sick.

You clean till 3am and work up at 6plus?? Have enough sleep or not??

Excited to move also must take care. Weather so late lately that it's easy to be sick.

Morning May. Yes, clean till 3AM, and woke up at 6+. Then I went back to sleep, now awake by thunder. I think I'm a little too excited. I hope it doesn't rain, otherwise deliivery guys have a hard time later.

Hi, your kitchen looks nice do u have more pictures can let me see?

You are using solid worktop? If got scratches will it be hard to remove?

Hi romeltic. Thank you for liking our kitchen. I will take more photos of the kitchen after we clean up the mess. We have not fix the LED light strip which we intend to place under the top cabinet. This will add some effects to the kitchen cabinet. We are using frosty white solid top. As per advise by our contractor, this solid top is less prone to scratches - meaning to say it will be less obvious to notice when there are scratches. Initially Hubby wanted the diamond series white solid top, but contractor advised not to because scratches are more easily noticed on diamond series solid top, so in the end we chose the frosty white solid top.

Oh dear! I can feel that you have put in so much effort and love in creating this lovely place. Must be really exhausted. Take care and have more rest on Sunday!

Oh dear! I can feel that you have put in so much effort and love in creating this lovely place. Must be really exhausted. Take care and have more rest on Sunday!

Hi Valerie. Thank you for your concern. Luckily all the furnitures arrive early today. Now Courts delivery guys are unloading the fridge and washer. But Singtel is not here yet to come and fix the fiber modem, then we can call it a day. Tml the IKEA delivery is coming, thanks GOD, we opt for their installation service, if not we will really be very exhausted for the weekends.

Congrats!! I can feel your happiness, even cleaning the house with your loved one till 3am.. Haha, I have been working hard on my house also, going there almost every nights, fixing the Ikea stuffs, painting the wall primer, and taking photos along... All these - worth it!! I even thought of placing the house-transforming photos in my living room :dribble:

How cln is the hse when during handover? Mine shoukd be coming fri, but I still see like paint on floor n window grill this wk.. Wonder if are all these expected to be off totally during handover?

How is the re do tile will it affect other tiles or cause other prob?

Edited by muska1119

Now we see the new items installed in the toilets. We realised the plumbers have installed the wrong basins in both toilet. The square basin depth is more by 0.5mm than the round basin. The square basin should be installed in MBR toilet, not the round basin. :~ However, both Hubby and my mum convinced me that the nicer sink should put in common toilet so that it look more presentable for guests. After looking at the round basin, I quite like the round basin because the depth is shorter, and I have more standing space in between WC and basin. Should have bought two round basin, instead of different basins.

Now the space between the basin and wc become narrower. Regret not getting the round basin. I hope our guests will not find it too squeezy

20120405_183936.jpg

The square basin costs $80, but has "defect"!

Close up:

20120405_184148.jpg

This definitely got nothing to do with the toilet wall tiles. The toilet wall tiles should be straight, but the basin was not mould properly! The whole basin is out of shape! The plumber has to use more transparent silicon to apply on the right side corner of the sink. Looks really horrible! We have contacted our contractor to inform plumber to apply white silicon instead. I feel like throwing this basin away. The round basin costs only $45, but it looks nicer than the expensive basin. :jawdrop: Never buy this sink from Hoe Kee.

ihave this square basin issue too..too big gap and the plumber hav to use white cement to seal up the gap :bangwall:

DAY FORTY

24 April - the kitchen cabinet solid worktop is up! This photo is taken by our contractor; this is how the kitchen cabinet looks like during day time:

59.jpg

The tile back splash looks like black glass. The tiles is brown, but I like the effect that the tiles look like black glass.

This is how the kitchen cabinet looks like during night time.

60.jpg

61.jpg

Isn't the kitchen cabinet look prettier now? :wub: Waiting for the plumbers to come this Thursday (tomorrow) to fix the sink tap and the bathroom accessories. Today the tilers will be coming to rectify the remaining hollow tiles and skirting under the gypsum board.

Wow! I like yr renovation so much! Esp yr kitchen! Can tell me how much is yr renovation like this cost? Thanks in advance.

Morning May. Yes, clean till 3AM, and woke up at 6+. Then I went back to sleep, now awake by thunder. I think I'm a little too excited. I hope it doesn't rain, otherwise deliivery guys have a hard time later.

It was raining this morning but seem all delivery done ok?