Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Akitsuki

Serangoon North Renovation By Defong Interior Design

:) not turning brown so easily, if you do some cleaning for it once in a while. @ my current place, no white pipe cleaning but it still looks good. ;)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

:) not turning brown so easily, if you do some cleaning for it once in a while. @ my current place, no white pipe cleaning but it still looks good. ;)

I think need to touch up again before Chinese New Year next year. Every year paint the pipe one time should be good enough to maintain the white look.

I think it is better to install phone line. Singtel broadband needs a land line for their broadband and my old folks prefer home line than handphone.

I using digital phone line, plugged to starhub modem.

Common toilet

2012-04-23201244.jpg

MBR toilet

2012-04-23205513.jpg

Do they look better now?

Now they look a lot better! :thumbs up:

I am thinking to remove this pipe in MBR. If remove the entire pipe and cover the hole, will there still be smell? :unsure:

Edited by ValerieLow

Now they look a lot better! :thumbs up:

I am thinking to remove this pipe in MBR. If remove the entire pipe and cover the hole, will there still be smell? :unsure:

Thanks Valerie. The toilets look brighter now.

If HDB allows you to remove the air pipe, then it's okay. What I'm afraid is, if we block the hole, will it affect the neighbours' toilets, and what if one day the air suddenly just burst out due to air pressure, will it in turn affect your toilet? The smell....can make you feel very sick.

I have a question. If using fiber phone line, I assume we can dial out, but can people dial in to our fiber phone? Does it mean Singtel/Starhub will assign a telephone number to us if we are using fiber phone?

I have a question. If using fiber phone line, I assume we can dial out, but can people dial in to our fiber phone? Does it mean Singtel/Starhub will assign a telephone number to us if we are using fiber phone?

the digital phone has a number for dial in/out. I assume fiber works the same else quite funny cannot call in. But you may wanna just confirm.

the digital phone has a number for dial in/out. I assume fiber works the same else quite funny cannot call in. But you may wanna just confirm.

Oh I see. Will try it out. So where to buy digital phone? Use Cisco digital phone?

its a phone line, of course can dial in and out. or else, what is the use of a phone?

Starhub / singtel will give you a new number... but if you change from singtel to starhub then your number will change too. cannot retain the number like mobile phone.

no need to use digital phone. i use the most "lousy" type of phone... those super simple that you can get at NTUC / Giant for $9.90 only! its just like normal like, except the voice travels through fiber cable compared to last time which was via telephone line.

Oh I see. Now I get it. So if internet connection is down, the phone also down.

yup, internet down, phone down. power failure, phone also down cos the box that you connect the phone to need power point too. my tv console area have 4 sockets but its not enough. now, i have 7 items that need power point.... so have to use multi plugs. if you still got time, make sure your tv console have at least 8 power sockets. :jawdrop:

yup, internet down, phone down. power failure, phone also down cos the box that you connect the phone to need power point too. my tv console area have 4 sockets but its not enough. now, i have 7 items that need power point.... so have to use multi plugs. if you still got time, make sure your tv console have at least 8 power sockets. :jawdrop:

We have 6 power sockets near the TV console area. I think should be sufficient, if not, will get extension plugs for the equipment.

We have 6 power sockets near the TV console area. I think should be sufficient, if not, will get extension plugs for the equipment.

ok lah, then not too bad... 4 was totally not enough. haiz...

ok lah, then not too bad... 4 was totally not enough. haiz...

Yes, four is a little too less for the equipment. Maybe can ask the electrician to pull additional 1 or 2 set of electrical wires for 2 double gang socket? All conceal nicely already?

Oh I see. Will try it out. So where to buy digital phone? Use Cisco digital phone?

sorry, i meant to say digital line. The line comes from the modem. Can use normal phone. But if internet down or power outage then no need call lah. in contingency, land line is always the most safest.