Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Anyone installed solar film before for their window panel? I've got quote from 3M which is pretty expensive. Any recommendations? Thanks in advance

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I got from 3M. quite a few companies selling 3M films.

Agreed it's expensive so i used 3M for those unreachable areas (skylight) & staircase glass. Cheaper 3rd party ones for regular windows (meaning if lousy can easily change without scaffolding)

Cost me about 10k for half my house (ie sky lights and the front where sunlight shoot at an angle).

Oh, that's really steep. Hope your money well spent. Actually asked for more discount but the sales didn't come back, so will be asking other firm to quote. Will also check out the DIY store.

Oh, that's really steep. Hope your money well spent. Actually asked for more discount but the sales didn't come back, so will be asking other firm to quote. Will also check out the DIY store.

Mel,

Did you decide which one to use? I also got a quoted from 3M and was quoted 8K

Do you reckon 3M is the brand for this purpose?

Oh coz my 3rd floor front has no walls, i had my 3rd floor frontage full glass to bring in light into my airwell. Based on my layout, 3rd floor should be 7 x 4m

Then my 2nd floor master bedroom also had ceiling to floor sliding door (again for light) and probably 3.5m x 4m

I think typical houses don't glass up their facade so much.

But my SP bill since Dec has been fairly constant. Approx $220 a month total and electricity component alone never crosses $140. 1bedroom aircon all day, 2bedrooms aircon all night, weekend living room aircon in all day (at night off). So i guess worth it. Again i'm not sure if its because of solar film or inverter aircon & inverter fridge.

My MIL rationale is "Solar film blocks UV then she'll slow down her aging rate!" and she die die must use 3M

DIY then how u stick? Impossible for my case (unless yours is purely windows)

Will have an appointment this sat with another firm to see the sample, they will take actual measurement to give a more accurate pricing, not 3M brand.

They have different brands from Korea, Japan and US with warranty from 1 to 10 or 12years, depending on which range. Think will go for range with warranty 8-10 years. 3M brand offer 15 years warranty, so I think the steep price is due to the warranty period rendered.

Hahahaa... Don't think will DIY liao lah!

Too lazy!!! Week day work, week end busy with renovation stuffs. No more energy liao.....

Mel,

Did you decide which one to use? I also got a quoted from 3M and was quoted 8K

Do you reckon 3M is the brand for this purpose?

Hi kellogs,

If u want a comparison of prices, let me have your email add n will pm you after my meeting this sat.

Cannot remember exactly leh. Sorry, age catching up and memory sort of ......

But if not wrong, I think visibilty on both way should be the same.

Better ask them down and show you the sample, they all comes in different shade as in how much light you wanna let in your place.

Hi kunzzy,

I was quoted abt 2.6k for whole house with mixture of 3m prestige sun control & frosted film.

You need to have e exact measurement to know the price. Suggest you contact Celine from jestac @ 62888290.

Just for info, in e end, I used another brand which is abt 800 cheaper then 3m