Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

xiao liao lah........looks like my reno budget buay gao !!

our budget is initially set at $50k including furnitures...but i think it is tough....

now busy reading the forum for reno ideas.....

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
yup that's why i indicated +++++++++ cos it depends on individuals and what they considered as revamp. Furthermore, sand and wood is at least double the price now....haiz!

wow, ur father-in-law your contractor.....any reno pics to share? u must have really done a lot with 50-60k.

not yet completed... haha.. i'm waiting till its fully done then take pics..

any EM owner hacked away the 2 bedrooms into a master room? and convert the master room toilet into a common toilet?

any EM owner hacked away the 2 bedrooms into a master room? and convert the master room toilet into a common toilet?

I saw my neighbor did this way. Two common bed rooms convert to master bed and master bed room become study room. Also hacked two HDB original bath room and expanded(converted) two bath room with walking wardrobe and two bath room partition is non-transparent glass. It is quite good idea.

I bought my repossesed masionette from hdb in april's balloting at 278k. Mine at gombak. 5 mins from MRT. 6th floor. Some of my neighbours keep asking me how much i bought, then when i tell them, they look so pissed off. Especially feel for this neighbour who bought theirs at the open market for 380k. Same floor and same time of purchase.

But, the only thing i don't like is that the neighbours keep to themselves most of the time. Previously, at my mum's house, the neighbours always come over for chit-chat.

wahaha...same here, my neighbours all bought at 2 times my price.

I saw my neighbor did this way. Two common bed rooms convert to master bed and master bed room become study room. Also hacked two HDB original bath room and expanded(converted) two bath room with walking wardrobe and two bath room partition is non-transparent glass. It is quite good idea.

we had this idea too -

turn 2 common rooms into MBR, common toilet attached to MBR instead.

then the original mbr turn into a common room with the mbr toielt hacked open to become a common toilet.

I spoke to 1 ID and highlighted to us that it is not possible....dats why i posed up this question.....

Thanks for all your reply....

Noticed that there are not many EM owner with blogs......

I spoke to 1 ID and highlighted to us that it is not possible....dats why i posed up this question.....

Thanks for all your reply....

My neighbor started renovation early mine about one month, and when I saw his renovation flat about had done 80% and upper floor re-design to make room seem bigger with walk in wardrobe. It quite nice but owner do not have kids. I also wanted to expanded common bath room but too late my contractor hav done the tile laying.

It can be done, but may need HDB approval.

Good Luck

Edited by jackbatok

I'm a EM owner in Admiralty, bought a resale EM last year and shifted in 6 months back. I have taken photos during the renovation period but I'm just too lazy to post them.

Anyone with the similar EM layout like mine? The floor area is smaller as compare to older ones, 144m².

EM647.jpg

Edited by blownup

My neighbor started renovation early mine about one month, and when I saw his renovation flat about had done 80% and upper floor re-design to make room seem bigger with walk in wardrobe. It quite nice but owner do not have kids. I also wanted to expanded common bath room but too late my contractor hav done the tile laying.

It can be done, but may need HPD approval.

Good Luck

jackbotak,

Thanks for your confirmation.....cos i only have a 12 year old son; therefore, it would be great to let him have the master room and we take over the 2 bedrooms.......

jackbotak,

Thanks for your confirmation.....cos i only have a 12 year old son; therefore, it would be great to let him have the master room and we take over the 2 bedrooms.......

While you still have a study room downstair to serve as a guest/utility room. :yamseng:

Edited by TPY

While you still have a study room downstair to serve as a guest/utility room. :yamseng:

The utility room will be for my domestic maid......the only problem now is we may have storage constraints.....no store room....

me still having a hard time wondering which ID to use.....

The utility room will be for my domestic maid......the only problem now is we may have storage constraints.....no store room....

I converted one of my toilet upstair to become a storage room. remove the basin, WC bowels, piping.....

Also like many EM owner, They convert the area under the stair to become a storage area too.

That means, we can store barang barang both upstair and downstair. Upper level storage for items use upstair only and downstair one for the below floor. Such that don't need to climb up and down every day to retrieved items that is meant for second and climb from first or via versa...... One problem with EM, so many exercise a day :yamseng:

Edited by TPY

My utility room still use as store room to put those items not daily used( a lot of stuffs), also small store room under staircase to put my children's toys and some tiles that after renovation.

You can pay some deposit(abt s$200?) to ID to let them draw design first, and you choose one of you liked. This can give you full picture that your renovation result. I did not do this and then feel something not good enough after renovation.

wahaha...same here, my neighbours all bought at 2 times my price.

Good investment ahh.. earn a new outskirt 5 room flat $$ by contra with the buy and sell price of Em.... :unsure: