Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

hi all,

i went to IMM meet up with GPlan - Roger.

as i will not need to re-do all floorings (except kitchen & toilets), thus save quite alot.

based on what I wanted, i was given an estimated quote of $19k+...and this excludes all electrical works.

will be expecting an official quote from him tdy,....and shall share with all of you here.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hello to all the EM owners here...haven't been logging in for quite a long while. I am back again cos I'll be doing the phase 2 reno for my EM unit. Hope to have some comments and advice from you guys as I embark on the renovation journey again. Please feel free to visit my RenoBlog - my WHITE house for updates! Thanks and look forward to seeing your beautiful EMs photos soon too!

Hello Jessie

my reno is a major overhaul. just some of the works i cam remember.

hacking

hack all 3 toilets floor and wall tile, kitchen floor, 2nd level floor

hack all existing build in cabinets

remove all cornises

remove all exsiting wiring

remove most of windows and grill

hack kitchen wall to link to dining.

mansony work

plaster smooth rock stone wall for whole house

re-tile kitchen floor, homo

re-tile all 3 toilet floor and wall

overlay plaster kitchen wall tiles

overlay balcony with pebble wash

awning roof for balcony

cement screed 2nd floor for german laminates

covert another bedroom to master bedroom by hacking and reconstruct new wall

polish existing marble floor

hack and rebuild wall to re position toilet door

carpentry

laminate 2nd level and stairs

kitchen cabinet top and bottom

glass partition between kitchen and dining

solid wood platform at foyer (resort style)

shoe cabinet

walk in wardrobe

tv ledge for master bedroom

study table and cabinet

display cabinet ****

solid wood platform at balcony

half height storage cabinet at dining

half height wall mirror at dining

gysum board as tv feature wall

Misc

painting whole house

rewiring whole house

re pipe the whole house

balcony casement windows

false ceiling at foyer and living and balcony

all for less than 55K

Hi, I did my EM A-la-carte overhaul and reno cost abt 75K exclude windows. But i did roller shutter and hack the whole hse. I would say 55k is really quite worth the price.

WHAT!!! Ok, i'm getting abit worried now.. Do you have a lot of special requirements? How come so much?? Do you mind PM me your quotation?? I'm waiting for the quotes from IDs now.. I hope i dun get a heart attack..

I thought most EMs' kitchen size quite alright leh.. But I'm also playing around the idea of sectioning the utility room to have a laundry room, but 1 ID brought up to me that it's very troublesome to bring the wet clothes to the bamboo poles there to hang.. which I thought makes sense.. so I dropped the idea.

When I was searching for a unit, I notice Hougang is one of the estates with lots of EM units compare to others.

Hi Frosty,

Mind sharing how much your Feng Shui consultant charged you? And what was the scope?

Thanks!

Hi Frosty,

Mind sharing how much your Feng Shui consultant charged you? And what was the scope?

Thanks!

Hi Owner_TG,

You can check out his website here.

I would say the charges are very reasonable, given the fact that he provides a very detail report for the audit. He will draw up a floorplan, indicating the various sectors (e.g. wealth, career, marriage etc..) and what you should do in order to enhance them. He will also advise you on color, and furniture arrangements too. There is also 3D drawing so that you will know roughly how it should look like.

He does not ask you to buy stuff through him, he will only advise you what things you can put, and you can source for yourself, or you can ask for his recommendation, this is entirely up to you. And what I really like about him, is that he understands the needs of a modern couple, and if what he recommended clashes with your design, he can offer alternative solutions to blend in with your design. He actually gave me a few tips that my ID didn't think of.

I would strongly recommend him. From what I know, he flies for overseas project frequently so he seldom do residential audit nowadays, but you may still call to enquire, just tell him Maggie referred you.

Finally got a chance to take photos of my EM. Lights and first coat of paint are up. Reno is still WIP.

foyer and living

foyerandliving.jpg

kitchen

kitchen1.jpg

Dining

dinning.jpg

Awning ( i believe virgo ask for pictures of the awning)

awning.jpg

hi all,

i managed to get my revised floor plan and also some of the 3D drawings.

hv requested ID to make osme changes and will share will you all here once all are finalised.

hi Jessie, read that you bought your EM from Hougang. Is it bought recently? Mind telling me how much you paid for and how much COV you paid? We are interested to get a EM in hougang but dont know why most units are over 500K which is very exp. :notti:

if its inconvenient to reply here, please pm me.

Thanks in advance.

tydy,

are u looking at 800 series? they are mostly over 500k.. the rest should not be more than 500k..

Tatlee,

Ur room is converted to an entertainment room? then what did u do to ur living? how much did u spend on ur reno hehee :notti:

Tatlee,

Ur room is converted to an entertainment room? then what did u do to ur living? how much did u spend on ur reno hehee !!

Ya. room downstairs converted to TV room. Living rm just got sofa. For chit-chatting only. No TV there to distract from interacting.

2575331140103362882S500x500Q85.jpg

Kitchen

2974952740103362882S500x500Q85.jpg

2556686100103362882S500x500Q85.jpg

wow nice sofa! if i am not wrong the back can be adjusted right? where did u got it from !!

Cant remember where i saw hahahaa....

Yes. Back can be adjusted backward.

Got the sofa from Furniture Club.