Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

I do not have kids yet but i prefer to have a common toilet on the 2nd level for guests that are going to stay overnight at our place.

As what my ID say once you hack away it will be very difficult to construct back. I just keep the common toilet reno as simple as i possibly can. Basic wash basin, not too fancy WC and use shower curtain maybe from Ikea.

Agree. I've decided to keep the 2nd floor common toilet. But will hack the wall to enlarge the MBR toilet into the common toilet. Common toilet will just be very simple with WC and basin, with mayb a showerhead. :notti:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hello to all masionette owners here,

Been veri long since i last visited this forum... its a great forum here where u can get great info, ideas & feedback & save lots of $$... had moved in my masionette for nearly 2 years now & my family still love the place veri much...

need to make an extra sofa cover for my sofa set so 1st thing tat come across is to come here to search for a gd sofa cover maker.. tink nt many out there though cos quite ex as compared to buying a new one... most sofa fr china r so cheap nowadays... nonetheless glad to c this tread still so popular n so much alive... have fun renovating...

Hi Kreez,

Can share who is the contractor that has done up your unit? Its nicely done up

:dunno:

Thx amyyeo... i wanted to add a kitchen cabinet few mths bk.. but he dun answer my calls anymore... maybe bcoz i squeeze him too much for my reno haha... passed his contact to my frens bef but they say nt so cheap anymore... so i no longer recommend him... but i do hv the contacts fr his carpenter, plumber & electrician so i contact them directly if i wana add more stuff...

anyway if u wanna use a contactor... most of the design for my hse is wat i gave him...n most choices & decisions r made by us the homeowners... so jus do lots of research n hv an idea of wat u wan then get various quotes n c whether it fits ur budget... there r a few gd IDs / contractors recommended here too... i m nt veri active here so cant give much recommendations but i m sure many of the active members here can help u with ur reno :P

I am collecting my keys on 4 April and will start renovation in Mid April....hopefully i can move in by mid June.... !!

I am collecting my keys on 4 April and will start renovation in Mid April....hopefully i can move in by mid June.... :)

Congrats virgo on yr key collection and upcoming reno! Do update us of yr progress!

Are you doing an overhaul? or just a minor reno? Do you mind PM me the quotation as I am also sourcing for either ID or contractor right now.

Hi All!! Nice forum here.

I am looking for a EM in Clementi blk 201 - 206..does anyone know any sellers?

Does anyone know what is the layout in these blks for the EM?

thanks all!!

jared

Hello to all masionette owners here,

Been veri long since i last visited this forum... its a great forum here where u can get great info, ideas & feedback & save lots of $$... had moved in my masionette for nearly 2 years now & my family still love the place veri much...

need to make an extra sofa cover for my sofa set so 1st thing tat come across is to come here to search for a gd sofa cover maker.. tink nt many out there though cos quite ex as compared to buying a new one... most sofa fr china r so cheap nowadays... nonetheless glad to c this tread still so popular n so much alive... have fun renovating...

Hi, ur hse (appearing in the sidebar thumbnail) is very nice. Can share some more pics of your other area? Did you convert the ground flr room into a common area or...?

yuntlh

Hi, ur hse (appearing in the sidebar thumbnail) is very nice. Can share some more pics of your other area? Did you convert the ground flr room into a common area or...?

yuntlh

Thx yuntlh... tat pic was abt 2yrs ago... nw very messy liao... haha... below is latest pic in its 'unshowflat' look...

IMG_0407.jpg

As for the ground flr rm... the pic in the signature is taken fr the corner of the grd flr rm... we hacked it and made it our dining area together with a bigger and open concept kitchen...

170506864.jpg

Edited by kreez

Other area...

living rm view fr main door

1705068371.jpg

shoe cabinet at other corner of 1st flr near main door...

170506699.jpg

dining rm...

1705061694.jpg

kitchen view fr balcony...

1705061713.jpg

my camera was not veri gd tat time so the previous pics hv a purplish line on them... these r taken w my new camera...

balcony view fr living rm...

PA160129.jpg

balcony cum laundry area...

PA160131.jpg

built this to keep all the bamboo sticks & miscellaneous cleaning stuff...

PA160152.jpg

think i post too many pics liao... i hope i can give u all more ideas but pls dun ask me for my contractor's no... think he underquoted me for my hse... i did abt 99% reno except not touching the parquet tat came w it together w all the 3 toilet fittings.. hood hob & aircon all for ard 45k... but i wanna thank him for the job well done and completed within 3wks...

for more pics & the bef look you may see my blog below...

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?au...og&mid=2791

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie to this site and bought a resale EM in Bishan in Jan. Reno is underway right now - in fact handing over on Apr 10 - so we can't wait. it's great to see the wonderful pictures that many of you have shared on your EMs - i hope ot share mine in the next post! Didn't take much photos during our site visits as we have 2 young boys. May i know if there's anyone out there who would recommend a mover? Understand that there are some movers who will pack and unpack for you. Are they more expensive? Anyone with experience can share?

Hi all,

I'm newbie, recently just bought my EM in the resale market. Actually, signed the OTP not long ago and will be expecting to close S&P in about 3 months time. Tot that it will be the right time to search for a contrator/ID.

I will be keeping the living/dinning flooring and whole of 2nd level flooring.

Will be doing(mandatory) the following:

1) Overhaul bathrooms on level 2.

2) Install only toilet bowl in level 1.

3) Balcony Roofing, casement windows and grill.

4) Change stair railing

5) Overhaul kitchen cabinet and kitchen floor/wall.

6) Painting

7) Polishing of marble flooring on level 1

8) Varnishing of parquet flooring on level 2

Experience EM owners, How much you think i should budget for the above?

Any reliable and reasonable price contractor to recommend?

Thanks.

staircase fr 2nd flr...

170506895.jpg

living rm view fr another corner of the hse...

170506876.jpg

thank for sharing.

my reno take about 2mth cause there is a delay in the carpertary and railing work.. So the reno stop for abt 2wks waiting for this 2 stupid sub con. Shifted in just before the CNY. My stuffs now is still left unpack.. with my two young small ger (13mth and turning 3yrs).. and hubby leave all to me... as he indicate that I do better for sorting and arranging :dancingqueen: ..hahaha; so have to unpack slowly...(told my friend and relative that i might need 1yr pus to unpack...

hope to take pictures soon area by area (once it tidy up).. 1st of all.. I dun know how to upload pic to this forum

c ya..