Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

I am also worried about the impracticality of the glass railings.. So i wanna get feedback from people who had done it before. PMed prettibride already, hope she still visits this forum!

How much were u quoted last time ah?

Thanks! haha actually after putting the ticker, makes me more nervous as it keeps reminding how little time i have left.. Been losing sleep these few nights from overdose of excitement from wedding and reno planning...

U were right about the signing forms part... i signed until my signature all out of shape ok! I don't remember the last time i used my hand to write something for so long :yamseng:

Yes, COV paid on 1st appt, plus the caveat fee (donno what's that haha just pay only). But funny thing is, I expected to pay much more cash, but somehow they calculated, some of the things they actually deducted from CPF instead... I calculated the amount previously via the HDB calculator and I thought the stamp fee has to pay by cash too, which amounts to almost 9k.

sorry, cant recall the quote but i think close to 3k

hahaha.....sign n sign till blur blur as we're all so used to typing on computer. Hmmmm....so more or less only pay the COV on 1st appt right.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I am also worried about the impracticality of the glass railings.. So i wanna get feedback from people who had done it before.

I did that (check out my avartar) ... it looks nice, outstanding and stand out from the norm ... but the siong part is cleaning ... however, i did it only once a month, not so much of stains and finger prints afterall as I have a wooden hand rail ...

It is ex. to do glass railing ... my ID underquote me the job ... they uses U-channel (not the Mediacorp TV :ph34r: ) as the mounting bracket for the 10mm thick glass. There is alot of work involving this installation ...

!! Hi to everyone..

I'm new here and just got ourselves a Mais at Wdls area. Was thinking of doing minor renovation. Anyone knows how much to change the railing of the stairs? Ours is a U-shaped stairs.

I was :dunno: if I should go ahead and laminate the staircase, pathway and the 3 bedroom as my contractor quoted me $3.5k For those who had laminated flooring, may I know how much did you spend for it?

:D Hi to everyone..

I'm new here and just got ourselves a Mais at Wdls area. Was thinking of doing minor renovation. Anyone knows how much to change the railing of the stairs? Ours is a U-shaped stairs.

I was :) if I should go ahead and laminate the staircase, pathway and the 3 bedroom as my contractor quoted me $3.5k For those who had laminated flooring, may I know how much did you spend for it?

:) congrats on getting your EM in Woodlands (EM kakis database updated :) )

it'll depends on the type of railings that u're going to change to. Wooden, stainless, glass, wrought iron, etc. Got to factor in the labour to remove existing railings. Are u going to change the existing flooring for the staircase? this is important as remove the existing railings would damage existing flooring.

3.5k? It depends on the brand and durability of the laminated flooring offered by your contractor. There's several well known brands and many not so popular brands of laminated flooring in Spore...got to find out the grade to, whether its AC3, AC4 or AC5.

Thank you Hello88..

I'll check with my contractor. As for the railing, I wanna change it to Wrought Iron but not intend to change the flooring!:D:) is going to cost me a bomb to do the flooring...

Eventhough our place was pretty well maintained by the previous owners, I am thinking of doing some reno for the 2 toilets and kitchen. Saw some quotation online that it is going to be like $10k. Sigh...Now waiting for hubby's bonus to come in..

Anyone has any quotation to share with me? Thanks!

Here is the floor plan.

2336521080_372d2c161f.jpg

I did that (check out my avartar) ... it looks nice, outstanding and stand out from the norm ... but the siong part is cleaning ... however, i did it only once a month, not so much of stains and finger prints afterall as I have a wooden hand rail ...

It is ex. to do glass railing ... my ID underquote me the job ... they uses U-channel (not the Mediacorp TV zz ) as the mounting bracket for the 10mm thick glass. There is alot of work involving this installation ...

hi blownup, yes yes i remembered seeing yr avatar before!! it is really nice leh.. that's why i'm contemplating it.

If clean once a month then not that bad, manageable :bow:

Hi all

I own a EM too in yishun and my reno just started this week. The glass railing in blownup avatar is really nice and i believe cost a bomb too. Totally give up on the idea once my ID quoted me the price.

Hi all

I own a EM too in yishun and my reno just started this week. The glass railing in blownup avatar is really nice and i believe cost a bomb too. Totally give up on the idea once my ID quoted me the price.

Hi stargaze, congrats!

Are you doing a minor reno or a total makeover? Can you PM me your ID and quotation? I am in the midst of sourcing for ID, but I wanna get a feel of the market price first, thanks!:bangwall:

i would consider mine to be major.

Overhauling all three toilets and the kitchen

Changing almost all the windows and grilles

keep all existing doors but change the main gate

Rewiring the whole house

over lay the balcony with pebble wash

hack and then Laminating the second floor

Changing the plumbing

awning for balcony

Painting the house

carpentry include kitchen cabinet, foyer area with solid wood flooring, study desk and cabinet.

platform at balcony

hacking and rebuilding of a few walls to convert a bedroom to become my master bedroom with walk-in wardrobe.

Damage is around 50K

Hi, I'm a newbie here. Managed to 'chope' an EM in the HDB sale of 4-rooms and bigger flats for Sector C recently. Am really having a hard time deciding if we should exercise our option. The unit is just opposite Tampines MRT and it costs a whopping $470k. Do you guys think it's worth it?

Just went to view the flat recently and it looks pretty run-down, so I reckon renovations will be pretty extensive.

We are wondering if we can keep reno to just about $40k.

With that budget, is it possible to do the following:

- hack tiles downstairs and replacing with homo tiles

- change railings for stairs

- hack kitchen tiles and install kitchen cabinets.

- buff and polish upstairs parquet floors

- extend living room into balcony

- redo 2 toilets?

Have another question,

- It's one of the 'first' batch of EM and it doesn't come with a WC downstairs. Can we convert a section of the wash area into a WC? If yes, how much does it cost approximately?

Appreciate any advice / views we can get.

!!

Edited by staregirl

staregirl that is the initial budget i am looking at too but i soon realize that is very tight. A full overhaul would cost around 50K to 60K i believe.

Hi, I'm a newbie here. Managed to 'chope' an EM in the HDB sale of 4-rooms and bigger flats for Sector C recently. Am really having a hard time deciding if we should exercise our option. The unit is just opposite Tampines MRT and it costs a whopping $470k. Do you guys think it's worth it?

Just went to view the flat recently and it looks pretty run-down, so I reckon renovations will be pretty extensive.

- redo 2 toilets?

Have another question,

- It's one of the 'first' batch of EM and it doesn't come with a WC downstairs. Can we convert a section of the wash area into a WC? If yes, how much does it cost approximately?

:unsure:

think ur EM layout is exactly like mine. What i did for reno is similar to what u listed except, tat i extended my kitchen as well, knocked away the dining n kitchen wall.. i spent abt 50+- 60K thus far. and contractor is my FIL furthermore.. but we did use high quality stuff.. imagine my kitchen tiles cost more than my entire extended living rm flr tiles.

$40k is abit tough imo.. the wet works and hacking can easily set u by alot..

- redo 2 toilets?

Have another question,

8|

$40K should be able to do that you mentioned works. What I have done renovation last May and cost abt $50K(similar what you mentioned, but include all window/grill replacement 5K, re-wire 3K, air-con 4K, no work for balcony roof, replacement floor tile).

Wash area can convert to WC, I did this.

stargaze, do you mind share your RENO Info and ID/contractor with me?

Our plan :

- Paint the whole unit

- Plastering wall for whole unit including kitchen

- Change all ceiling lights to Hanging Lamps/Lights Consider REWIRING?

- Change the railing of the staircase to Wrought Iron Railing

- Laminate only the top facing side of the staircase

- Laminate 3 bedrooms and pathway

- Overlay wall and floor tiles for 2 Bathroom at second level. NO HACKING

- Change 2 WC and 2 vanity top

- Install shower screen for Common Bathroom

- Change kitchen cabinet doors to dark wooden color and change the holders KEEP THE STRUCTURE

- Change the main gate to Wrought Iron gate

$30k enough? 8|