Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

Is it a first phase EM? The price of EM also depends on location, amenities, condition of house and facing etc.

Price for walk up EM on third and fourth floor are usually lower if there is no lift. The plus point is that it should be brighter than the lower unit. Try not to get a unit facing direct west sun as it is going to be very hot unless you intend to use aircon thru out. I used to stay in a unit with both east and west facing. It was a torture getting the sun both morning and afternoon.

If you really like the unit, I think it is ok to pay a little bit more to secure it if not owner might just sell it off

to someone else for one to two thousand more.

hmm, not sure whether it is a first phase EM.. still considering cuz it is blocked between 2 blocks... :dunno:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
it is coz 30k-35k cov is standard cov market... is it true? if not really standard due to the location, how to nego well without engaging my own agent? i'm worried if i offer low COV a bit, she might sell it to other buyers who is willing to pay more...

There is no standard COV in the market ... COV depends on the demand and supply. If you are in no hurry to buy a flat, spend more time to look around. I believe you can get yourself a flat that you really like eventually.

Good luck to you.

There is no standard COV in the market ... COV depends on the demand and supply. If you are in no hurry to buy a flat, spend more time to look around. I believe you can get yourself a flat that you really like eventually.

Good luck to you.

Yes, there is no standard in COV. During the market low period, people wanted to sell off the EM without COV. For them, they are wiling to sell under evualation price and even chip in tourh up reno upon seller's request. Maybe the market down time will benefits the first timer without much cash on hand.

So I Agree, If you are in no hurry to buy a flat, spend more time to look around. I believe you can get yourself a flat that you really like eventually.

Yes, there is no standard in COV. During the market low period, people wanted to sell off the EM without COV. For them, they are wiling to sell under evualation price and even chip in tourh up reno upon seller's request. Maybe the market down time will benefits the first timer without much cash on hand.

So I Agree, If you are in no hurry to buy a flat, spend more time to look around. I believe you can get yourself a flat that you really like eventually.

yup, market down time would benefit first timers who wish to get flats as its a Buyers market. Its also the best time to upgrade or buy bigger HDB flats as 5 rooms & above usually sells at valuation or even way below valuation. Sellers for 4-room flats still able to make some money from the COV especially if its a subsidized flat from HDB.

timing and luck very important when scouting around for flats but now its a sellers' market

aiyo, 15k for my 4-room la. EM I spent a bomb. Me staying opposite the church near Punggol Park and in HAMMER estate.

oh hahaha! i read it over a few times tot i read wrongly.. tat's y i ask u. What or where is HAMMER estate??

Technically, our COV is 25k, but we've to topup further cash becos we got low loan amount, and including all the stamp fee etc.. the total cash we have to fork out is around 40k. Sorry should've explained that clearly before, it's not COV 40k, it's the total cash amount we have to pay is 40k :P

Edited by frostyflake

aiyo, 15k for my 4-room la. EM I spent a bomb. Me staying opposite the church near Punggol Park and in HAMMER estate.

While looking back some of the messages, read you are staying in the Hammer ward. How much does the TC charges you for the S&CC?

oh hahaha! i read it over a few times tot i read wrongly.. tat's y i ask u. What or where is HAMMER estate??

The famous Hammer estate comprises of those single digit blocks at Hougang Ave 7 old market, 300series blocks and 850series blocks. u're gonna stay in Hougang so must get to know this famous 'estate'....hahaha. Where do u stay now? Not in Hougang?

.......you are staying in the Hammer ward. How much does the TC charges you for the S&CC?

it used to be $76 if I'm not wrong but recently increased to $80 (think abt 3 months ago).

Edited by hello88

wow.. 25k COV is actually quite a good buy considering it was renovated 1 year ago.

:unsure:

hmm.. actually Yes and No. Yes, if you have enough loan and CPF to cover, so you are really only paying COV amount. No, because it really doesn't make any difference to me. After doing all the calculations, we realised that so long the valuation falls between 390k to 430k, the total cash we need to pay out is about 40k.

The famous Hammer estate comprises of those single digit blocks at Hougang Ave 7 old market, 300series blocks and 850series blocks. u're gonna stay in Hougang so must get to know this famous 'estate'....hahaha. Where do u stay now? Not in Hougang?

it used to be $76 if I'm not wrong but recently increased to $80 (think abt 3 months ago).

Oh... I'm so slow... only now I realise HAMMER is referring to Workers' Party?? Me staying in Bendemeer with parents now.

how much is the TC charges for non-hammer estate in hougang area?

Yes can someone enlighten? I would like to know too! Also, can i check what is the average utility bills per month? The owner of my EM told me theirs was about 100+ for 2 adults and 2 kids, and they use the washing machine almost everyday and they on their air-con every night. I find that abit unbelievable, because for my current 3rm, I also on aircon every night, but we wash clothes only once a week, and there's only 3 of us in the household, and our bills is also $100+.

I think generally most PAP Town Councils charged $80 or $80+ for EA and EM since 2004. Some Exec Flats (D & B) would be charged $85. Hammer and 'Chiam' ward did not increase the charges till 3 months ago. Anyway, 'Chiam' ward still charges the cheapest S & C for Exec flat at $78.

hmm.. actually Yes and No. Yes, if you have enough loan and CPF to cover, so you are really only paying COV amount. No, because it really doesn't make any difference to me. After doing all the calculations, we realised that so long the valuation falls between 390k to 430k, the total cash we need to pay out is about 40k.

U didnt have enough CPF so gotta top up cash for the 1st 10% (or is it 5%) cos lost touch liao.

Edited by hello88

Anyway, 'Chiam' ward still charges the cheapest S & C for Exec flat at $78.

I'm paying $77.00 per month for S&CC. My GRC belongs to the Minister of Health.

I'm paying $77.00 per month for S&CC. My GRC belongs to the Minister of Health.

wow, that's great. Imagine $3 X 12months lesser compared to the majority. Didnt know that cos read fr the papers that 'Chiam' ward claimed that its still the cheapest though its the last to increase pricing.