Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

Very dirty job. Need 80 grit sandpaper follow by 220grit, apply primer, spray paint then lacquer.

Did my railing myself as well.

Dust all over the place and very time consuming esp your wrough iron handrail is pattern pattern kind.

Alu is easier, than polish till mirror shine.

Wah... need to sand twice with different grade of sandpaper somemore!

Primer? Can we use brush to paint instead of spraying? Unless the paint only come in spray form?

Sounds like time consuming too.

Mine is indeed pattern patteren one. :)

Railings.jpg

Talking about contractor trying to carrot me...

Does anyone receive in your quote?:

$600 for dismantling existing wardrobe (~5ft)

$80 for hacking + $80 for installing per wash basin (labour only)

$500 for supply labour, material and scaffolding to paint balcony full height wall & ceiling (balcony only!)

Plastering and painting of masionette costs $4600 - $5900 (whole house)?! That's the range of prices that I'm getting from ~6 contractors!

Renovation really cost a lot!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Wah... need to sand twice with different grade of sandpaper somemore!

Primer? Can we use brush to paint instead of spraying? Unless the paint only come in spray form?

Sounds like time consuming too.

Talking about contractor trying to carrot me...

Does anyone receive in your quote?:

$80 for hacking + $80 for installing per wash basin (labour only)

$500 for supply labour, material and scaffolding to paint balcony full height wall & ceiling (balcony only!)

Plastering and painting of masionette costs $4600 - $5900 (whole house)?! That's the range of prices that I'm getting from ~6 contractors!

Renovation really cost a lot!

not sure but i saw the contractor use those cans of spray (tat ppl use for spraying artwork or bicycle,etc)

usually dismantling or hacking comes in lump sum right?

yup,some contractor/id charges single labour cost for labour rendered to each installation, eg. sink,basin,instant heater,etc

plastering is one of the most exp reno item other than electrical rewiring for EM. Painting for exc flats starts from 1.4k (for decent paint job). I know of some who got bangla worker to do it cheaper but the job looks worse than DIY.

Edited by hello88

your friendly neighbourhood garbage centre's bangladesh can do it for $60.

Hello Chrono and all, check with you, i am new here with an em in Jurong west. In order to save cost, i thought of DIYing my wall but the problem is that my current wall is using those texture paint (rough surface kinda paint).

How can i get rid of my current paint to repaint myself ? Any advise ?

Hello Chrono and all, check with you, i am new here with an em in Jurong west. In order to save cost, i thought of DIYing my wall but the problem is that my current wall is using those texture paint (rough surface kinda paint).

what my id did was to box up and do downlights.....

Hi, I was reading about textured paint recently, and hope what I read can help.

You'll either need to use sandpaper to smooth it down (if the texture is very little) or get a gel-like paint stripper to loosen the textured coating. But after that you'll need to scrape off the paint and sandpaper the wall to make it smooth. Overall, I think it's a very very tedious job, esp if the whole house is textured paint.

Alternatively, if u just want to smooth down a couple of walls, can consider what virgo says - box it up. I believe the contractor will cover the wall with a huge board and u'll get a smooth smooth wall. :)

As mentioned by some here, it is a tedious job. If u have the budget, u can get it done for 2k plus. FYI, my EM whole house is texture paint at the moment and i have no intention of removing it to save cost.

Which street of Jurong West?

Edited by chronograph

wanna ask those seasoned EM owners... how much roughly u spend on lightings for the whole house? i was quoted ard 2k for everything. The list below:-

15 downlights- ard $38 each(maybe need to add more)

Dining light- ard $400

3 toilet lights- ard $68 each

2 room lights- ard $290 each

1 guest room- ard $100

2 kitchen lights- ard $150 each

Should be it. Hope i dont miss out on anything.

wanna ask those seasoned EM owners... how much roughly u spend on lightings for the whole house? i was quoted ard 2k for everything. The list below:-

15 downlights- ard $38 each(maybe need to add more)

Dining light- ard $400

3 toilet lights- ard $68 each

2 room lights- ard $290 each

1 guest room- ard $100

2 kitchen lights- ard $150 each

Should be it. Hope i dont miss out on anything.

it depends on what you want

- want pretty then let go of your money.

or

- need something to light up the house at night (the neccessities)

me spent less than $1200 for whole EM.

it depends on what you want

- want pretty then let go of your money.

or

- need something to light up the house at night (the neccessities)

me spent less than $1200 for whole EM.

Where do you get your lights from? Any recommendation?

nath, saw on yr signature yr EM is 156sqm, that's huge! is it the one opp Mac, top floor? any floor plan to share?

some from sungei road and some from thomson lightings.

halo3.jpg

halogen lamp(full stainless steel) $20 from sungei road - elsewhere $60-$90

roundceiling.jpg

Glass round ceiling lamp - $30 from sungei road - elsewhere $60-$120

I bought from those pretty decor-lighting shops' supplier in sungei road.

got my lights from a shop in Balestier, recommended by friend. 3 more months and would be 3 years since moving in and only need to change a light tube in kitchen and a light bulb in my MBR. The tube in kitchen was faulty so changed it FOC for me. As for the one in MBR toilet, its energy saving and also quite cheap. Not trying to recommend the shop but go to those that are trustworthy and reliable and would give honest feedback and recommendation on which light for which area. There are some shops that ask u buy expensive lights and we did went to one at changi with an outlet in Geylang and Balestier if not wrong. Super lousy lights and we dump it away w/o getting our electrician to install it as the connection and whatever was really messy inside....connect here and there (electrician opened up to show us). The 2 lights very cheap nia ($29.90 each, one was a dragonfly, the other was a beetle). Cute only on the outside :furious: .