Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

Hello 88,

did you post any photos? wanna see ur design too. hehehe share share

ya, i did post in the thread, cant remember which page though. My house reno no theme, just simple design as me and hubby boh idea and that time also in a rush to move in. In fact, the entire reno was not a happy one. The HDD of my PC decided to retire this CNY ( :furious: didnt backup) and I lost most of my pics, also forgotten the password to the photos stored in kodak website. But I'll try to post some pics if I can retrieve from one of my thumbdrive but my photos are taken more than 2 years ago. Pai Seh to post with those of u who have designer renos.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Actually I think you should approach your FIL and tell him you don't like the idea of him smoking in the toilet. There is no point hinting or waiting for him to change his habits coz he won't.

I've told my dad to smoke in the balcony for the sake of his grand daughter. And he understand and I can see he is trying his best to smoke at the "designated" area. kekeke... :notti:

Some things are hard to say but you got to say, if not, it is you who will suffer in the end. :)

putting pressure on old folks - might as well send them off to old age homes. at least they don feel any pressure and can live LONGER.

if you want to live with old folks then prepare to give and take.

BTW, till today nobody can prove with CONCRETE evidence that smoking causes cancer.

if smoking really causes cancer, there wont be 1.2 billion chinese still alive and kicking.

Edited by MaCe

ya, i did post in the thread, cant remember which page though. My house reno no theme, just simple design as me and hubby boh idea and that time also in a rush to move in. In fact, the entire reno was not a happy one. The HDD of my PC decided to retire this CNY ( :furious: didnt backup) and I lost most of my pics, also forgotten the password to the photos stored in kodak website. But I'll try to post some pics if I can retrieve from one of my thumbdrive but my photos are taken more than 2 years ago. Pai Seh to post with those of u who have designer renos.

Hello 88,

I didn't get any designer.. more on own prefences and doing some homework on magazine. But I do have a liking on decor.. but have to master it lah. Dun worry abt the decor of ur hse.. diff ppl diff view and concept.. my neigbours all hse is nice to me cos they have the personality of the owner..trust me mess can create beauty :)

putting pressure on old folks - might as well send them off to old age homes. at least they don feel any pressure and can live LONGER.

BTW, till today nobody can prove with CONCRETE evidence that smoking causes cancer.

if smoking really causes cancer, there wont be 1.2 billion chinese still alive and kicking.

sorry to say.. I can't tahan the smell...esp after giving birth.. my nose is like sensor detecter.. all good n bad smell far far away still can detect...

Hello 88,

I didn't get any designer.. more on own prefences and doing some homework on magazine. But I do have a liking on decor.. but have to master it lah. Dun worry abt the decor of ur hse.. diff ppl diff view and concept.. my neigbours all hse is nice to me cos they have the personality of the owner..trust me mess can create beauty :)

ya, MESS can really create beauty. One minute the house is neat and tidy and the next minute I see things lying around here and there.....courtesy from my 2 rascals :bangwall:

ya lor,...we hv to be extra careful and extra tactful when talk to them.

Dear Jessie,

If it ur hubby's parent.. u get ur hubby to talk, if its urs parent.. then u talk.

I get my hubby to relate to them (without them knowing that I dun like) BUT 1ST ur hubby have to agreed to the terms too..

Speaking to each own parent always have less impact on emotional factors! :dancingqueen:

ya, MESS can really create beauty. One minute the house is neat and tidy and the next minute I see things lying around here and there.....courtesy from my 2 rascals :bangwall:

Hahaha.. I get what u mean.. i have 2 beauties and they always eat and drop things ard the hse! can't help it but laugh and blow my top. 8|

Hahaha.. I get what u mean.. i have 2 beauties and they always eat and drop things ard the hse! can't help it but laugh and blow my top. 8|

yup, eating and dropping food all over also a headache. Btw, me and hubby set a golden rule since moving into our EM....no food and drinks on 2nd storey.

yup, eating and dropping food all over also a headache. Btw, me and hubby set a golden rule since moving into our EM....no food and drinks on 2nd storey.

Yes.. that's my rules too. Only bottle milk when they gtg to sleep :)

Hi all, finally decided to take the plunge and collected our keys on 30 May.

Can now add me to EM kaki from Tampines. :sport-smiley-018:

Now headache trying to decide on design and sourcing for contractors/IDs.

and trying desperately to save very hard so that we can do a decent enough reno.

Been surfing around this forum a lot. To see how others do up their flats.

so please, please show more pics on how you guys do up your place. :bow:

HDB is doing some rectifications to our place.. wonder when they'll be done.

:rolleyes:

:yamseng:

Edited by staregirl

that's what happened to me the other time till I dun trust the agent. She said had to wait for letter but I got the dates instantly when I checked online. I was also the one who inform the agent on the 2nd appt date as that time very kiasu, almost every other day checked online for the system to be updated. If I didnt remember wrongly, the HDB letter informing us on the 2nd appt date came exactly a week after I got the dates online. Really cant expect alot from snail mails these days.

let your wife comfortably settle the confinement first .....since not exactly in a hurry to move in and rush thru reno right?

Actually reason i wanna get over quickly is because i wanna charge the current owner quickly for rental :deal: ..coz i knoe they have a problem getting a unit so they are delaying..

Dunno agent got really go send letter to HDB or not.He say last week send liao but till now have not received anything from HDB.

and trying desperately to save very hard so that we can do a decent enough reno.

Wah..u took over 2 months ago and HDB still doing rectification?Wat kind?

Btw which blk u buy ah..& how much?

Well... MaCe, I'm a smoker too but I won't smoke inside the living room or toilets, even before my baby girl was born.

I'm not asking my dad to quit, just request him not to smoke in cofined area. I don't see that as applying tremendous pressure to him. And you are right, we have to give and take when we live with our parents under the same roof, but I have responsibilities for my kids too. Being filial is not simple obeying. For example: if my parents are obese, I will accompany them to stroll in the park to keep their bodies healthy, if they have high blood pressure, I will make sure every meal will be a healthy and nutritious meal. If my dad loves to smoke, I'll smoke with him! just kidding. :notti:

Anyway, he is very understanding and now he is enjoying his puff in the balcony area. Well, I do join him occassionally as I'm currently trying to cut down my nicotine intake. :sport-smiley-004:

And the part regarding old folks homes, I'm not exactly the perfect son, but I will take good care of my parents till old age. I don't know any people in their right mind would send their parents to the old folks home... that is in my opinion, simply, NOT RIGHT.

:good:

Yes.. that's my rules too. Only bottle milk when they gtg to sleep :)

yeap, that is also going to be my rules for my hse....hehe :)

i will only allow my 2 rascals to bring their bottle milk at night to 2nd storey,...but NO NO for food!

also, i hv told my maid,.....when my boys back from school in the afternoon, only let them nap at the study room downstairs,...cannot leave them sleeping alone in the bedroom (2nd storey),...then while she works in the kitchen or cleaning downstairs, afraid my prince will fall lor.

Used to remember when young, my dad always light up cig in the house..House stinks siah...hated cigs then..

but i myself picked up the bad habit but not heavy...now i always smoke outdoor,preferably far far so the smoke wont come into the house.

Hi,

Congrats on getting your EM and added u in. If my memory didnt fail me, urs is from the WIS right? Bought at good price?

If the existing reno is ok then u can more or less save quite alot especially on the floorings and wall tiles. Times are bad and raw materials all going uphill. Can save quite a bit if cut down on carpentry eg. leave out built in wardrobes in the extra bedrooms if its just the 2 of u staying in the EM.

Kakis,

3 more to go before we hit the 50.

Actually reason i wanna get over quickly is because i wanna charge the current owner quickly for rental :deal: ..coz i knoe they have a problem getting a unit so they are delaying..

Dunno agent got really go send letter to HDB or not.He say last week send liao but till now have not received anything from HDB.

snail mail very slow de. Dont wait for the letter, go online better.

Hi,

Congrats on getting your EM and added u in. If my memory didnt fail me, urs is from the WIS right? Bought at good price?

If the existing reno is ok then u can more or less save quite alot especially on the floorings and wall tiles. Times are bad and raw materials all going uphill. Can save quite a bit if cut down on carpentry eg. leave out built in wardrobes in the extra bedrooms if its just the 2 of u staying in the EM.

Kakis,

3 more to go before we hit the 50.

snail mail very slow de. Dont wait for the letter, go online better.

maybe can add me in the Tampines EM kaki. :sport-smiley-004: