Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

mstan_lee

Do you mind sharing more about your EM in hougang? We are currently staying in a 5I flat at Hougang Ave 9.

Much like just4this, the current flat serves both of us very well as we are only living with our pets.

With the plan of parenthood in 1-2 years time, we are both thinking of upgrading to an EM/EC in the same area.

For a high floor corner unit, is your COV very high? Can share your purchase price? And what is the floor area?

Hi Kyra, my COV is $57800 (consider high I think so). Cos the amenities nearby are pri sch, lots of student care with only 1 childcare centre. Our blk is between Hougang & Buangkok mrt & there's only 1 coffeeshop & 2 mama shops. Thou we are near to Punggol park. We have to pay multi-carpark fee even though my area doesn't have multi carpark but blks away, there's one.. And the carparks surrounding us are ALWAYS pack.

Some sort, regret of getting there. Silly me right :P

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

As per my floorplan, any idea can we make our bath 1 bigger. Bath 2 is much much bigger than our MBR toilet :(

Any exceptional case to get approval from HDB for area stated "VOID"?

Edited by mstan_lee

As per my floorplan, any idea can we make our bath 1 bigger. Bath 2 is much much bigger than our MBR toilet :(

Any exceptional case to get approval from HDB for area stated "VOID"?

Frankly nothing much u can do about it unless u want to combine bathroom 1 & 2.

As for VOID area cannot touch...no exception about it.

Hi Kyra, my COV is $57800 (consider high I think so). Cos the amenities nearby are pri sch, lots of student care with only 1 childcare centre. Our blk is between Hougang & Buangkok mrt & there's only 1 coffeeshop & 2 mama shops. Thou we are near to Punggol park. We have to pay multi-carpark fee even though my area doesn't have multi carpark but blks away, there's one.. And the carparks surrounding us are ALWAYS pack.

Some sort, regret of getting there. Silly me right :P

$57800. Wow! That will be beyond my budget. Understand that most EM are quite old and thus will also need extensive reno. I know where your area is (near Punggol Primary/Punggol Park), I am also interested in the EM there, or those near Hougang Mall ;)

We are over at HG Ave 9, while many may think that it is ulu, I have grown to like the area alot. Besides Hougang Mall, we are also near to HG Green, HG Point, Buangkok, Sengkang, AMK, Sgoon. Even Ikea Tampines isnt that far away (10-15mins drive). So while COV might be abit high, I am sure you will love your new place in time to come.

Looks like my EM dream is still very far from me, unless property market stabilises and COV comes down :(

Edited by Kyra

As I stayed at Ang Mo Kio area where markets & shops are very near & this started when I'm a kindergarten girl. I really feel quite sad to leave AMK actually, esp. my parents are there. Unfortunately, I can't afford AMK EM :(

I hope I will grow to love Hougang Ave 10 where no markets & shops can be seen :(

Edited by mstan_lee

My floorplan, anyone floorplan the same as mine?

I like this layout. One in Serangoon Central went for about 628k plus. The plus point is that the unit is very bright because you get quite a lot of windows.

f_r51rry3u93km_1223093.jpg

Hi wonderlee,

My em in CCK central is the exact same as your.Got mine last year(June),moved in Dec.It a 149metre square floor area and it a corner unit.

Corner EM are a premium cos it fewer and has more pirvacy.It has higher val price too.About 15-30K more. ;)

f_r51rry3u93km_1223093.jpg

i like ur hse's layout!! very unique & different from those i've viewed. im trying to get an EM as well. may i know where ur EM is? how much COV did u pay for it? how old is the unit? :)

Hi blueblue_m6, it's located at Hougang Ave 10. The COV is over 55k and it's 18 years old unit. I thought this type of EM is the smallest among the 3 EM layout. Initially, I'm not looking for this as I feel that the living hall is too small & it's divided into 2 (Living hall N Dining area). But after viewing this unit, both my hubby and myself like fall in love with it (in the first sight) and we totally forgotten what we want initially. Now, I'm kinda regret :(

The wall between the study/bedroom room and the dining room can be hacked down to create space for a bigger dinner area.Some owners swap the living and dinner area.Corner EM(149metre sqaure) are bigger than the corridor EM 145 metre square.

justinlim, according to fs, dining table is not good facing the main entrance. We intend to rent out the study room. Hence, not doing any hacking but I don't mind to hack if I have got a good n nice kitchen concept as what weiwei's t-blog?

Hi wonderlee,the more important is that bad stars like 2,3 and 6 are not in this sector of your house.Even if these bad stars are around,there are ways to alleviate them using color and small items.Thus having a dinner table facing a main entrance is minor.You can create false wall/divider/pillars too if feel uncomfortable.

What more important is that you and your husband feel comfortable and peace on this house.With this peace of heart,fs will then be able to harmonise you with the house qin. The rest of FS stuff are secondary.

To illustrate my points,

THE BLOCK facing is bad but the house facing is good

The house facing is bad but the block facing is good.

DO YOU THINK THERE A DIFF ???

Are you going to overhaul or minor reno ?

We hope to have only minor reno since we pay so much for the COV and it's move in condition. However, after knowing this forum, I fall in love with all white theme concept. To have white theme, we need to hack many things away & replace with the new ones. My hubby wants to see if spraying on the cabinets can work or not. We need to minimize the reno cost to the minimum..

Our house dining area is white theme too.We have swap the living and dining area.Cabinet is advised not to spray paint but to re lamimated.However pls note that re laminate of old item is almost the same price of that new item.Hacking of wall if possible not to do it cos it a $ drainer.It cost about $1000-1200 to hack a wall opening plus make good.Worst part is that the contractor is using only two general worker to do that.Manpower cost is $60 x 2 = $120.